Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Newegg or tigerdirect more reliable?

Which one has better prices and do you normally trust more. I'm thinking of just getting a hardcore computer like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834127279

It has good specs and I can run all cataclysm on Ultra. No need to be worrying or freaking out about AF or multsampling. I'll just hardcore the cata world with my new comp. Any ideas though, tigerdirect or newegg guys? And when is the wisest time to buy from there regarding the blackfriday and cybermonday days coming up soon? please help me

I wouldn't game on a laptop, but that's just me.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

@BaddyMcBad Fail. that was bad lol So is Newegg or tigerdirect more reliable?

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 08:03 PM ----------

and there is nothing wrong on gaming on a laptop with a Belkin cooling system and a G13 keyboard
    Last edited by shaddrak; 2010-10-15 at 01:04 AM.

That would chug so hard on WoW. To get a laptop to run WoW decently you'll spend, what, $2500+ easy?

Incorrect. You can get one for $1000-1200(depending on sales) that can run wow very well. All high settings. Multisamplingx2 and AFx4 maybe.(depending on the i5 or i7 and the GPU) Depends what you are getting and who you are buying from which brings me back to my original question. Is Tigerdirect or Newegg more reliable?

Who cares which is more reliable? What do you even mean by reliable?

That laptop is not hardcore, nor will you get more than 15fps on all high. The cpu is clocked at 1.73ghz, thats half of what a GAMING rig should be. Who cares how many cores it has, that doesn't make a difference you will notice in WoW.

Get a desktop, spend your money wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcantdothat View Post
    Who cares which is more reliable? What do you even mean by reliable?

That laptop is not hardcore, nor will you get more than 15fps on all high. The cpu is clocked at 1.73ghz, thats half of what a GAMING rig should be. Who cares how many cores it has, that doesn't make a difference you will notice in WoW.

Get a desktop, spend your money wisely.
    By reliable I mean which of those two sites have you had better experience with? Which one has the higher tendency to ship you the correct product in working condition? Have you had any experience with either of those two sites in ordering laptops or desktops? That's why I care which is more reliable.

The laptop I linked above is just fine bro. I'll easily get 40fps but that's not the one I wanted to buy, it was just an off the whim search i did in a few seconds and posted it. Either way it would run Wow just fine.

And for your comment of Get a desktop, spend your money wisely. Uhhh...Ummm I don't have space in my room for a desktop, no joke. Literally out of physical space even with my super small bed in there. Hence my wanting a laptop.

Anyone ever going to answer the POST question and not go on the tangent of the laptop i posted as an example of what i would like, not what I'm going to get.

I have used both, newegg a few times and tigerdirect once, did not have a problem with either (all equipment worked so can't say anything about customer service)

I have used newegg many times and have had no issues even when I had to RMA faulty equipment.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Quote Originally Posted by shaddrak View Post
    By reliable I mean which of those two sites have you had better experience with? Which one has the higher tendency to ship you the correct product in working condition? Have you had any experience with either of those two sites in ordering laptops or desktops? That's why I care which is more reliable.

The laptop I linked above is just fine bro. I'll easily get 40fps but that's not the one I wanted to buy, it was just an off the whim search i did in a few seconds and posted it. Either way it would run Wow just fine.

And for your comment of Get a desktop, spend your money wisely. Uhhh...Ummm I don't have space in my room for a desktop, no joke. Literally out of physical space even with my super small bed in there. Hence my wanting a laptop.

Anyone ever going to answer the POST question and not go on the tangent of the laptop i posted as an example of what i would like, not what I'm going to get.
    When you talk like such an idiot its hard to take someone seriously, seriously.

1.7Ghz will NOT give you 40 fps combined with that shit graphic card in there. Now I don't know where you get your info, but you might be able to run 40 fps on all low staring at the ground out in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, sounds like you know what you're talking about then... Funny for someone to know so much about computers, processors, etc but to have never ordered from either newegg or tigerdirect...

Dont take our advice, dont listen at all to what we're saying, but instead report back to us about your 40fps on 1.76 ghz... I'm anxious to see the screenshot... Please dont forget!!!

Or, maybe i misread something, but from what i take from this post, you're coming in here asking a pointless question and arguing with legitimate advice from people who probably know what they're talking about and who, i'm going to guess, know a little more about computers, processors, etc then you do.

But, do your thing... Whatever works, dont read the sticky, but also dont come whining back here when you turn on 4xAA and wonder why you're not getting more than 5fps in Dal... Unless you're staring at the floor, of corse!
    Last edited by Erik765; 2010-10-15 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Forgive my typos, ipads suck for typing...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcantdothat View Post
    When you talk like such an idiot its hard to take someone seriously, seriously.

1.7Ghz will NOT give you 40 fps combined with that shit graphic card in there. Now I don't know where you get your info, but you might be able to run 40 fps on all low staring at the ground out in the world.
    1. That's one of, if not the, top mobile CPU currently available.
    2. You're not accounting for the smaller resolution of a laptop (1600x900 in this case).
    3. That's actually a pretty nice mobile GPU.
    4. Most importantly: You never bothered to ask what the OP's usage would be. This will easily pull 40+ fps solo questing or in 5-man runs. Probably not so much in 25-man raids, though.
    5. Watch your mouth. We do have rules against insulting other posters. Next time, it's a ban.

OP: I'm a NewEgg die-hard. They are awesome about DOA parts, shipping is always fast, and packaging is always well cushioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: I'm a NewEgg die-hard. They are awesome about DOA parts, shipping is always fast, and packaging is always well cushioned.
    Newegg does an awesome job getting the stuff to UPS fast, UPS sucks and is slow. I loved the Fedex days, it is just too expensive from their site now.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can easily check on Slickdeals.net for the best sales on computer parts and reviews from actual customers to decide which site is the best to buy from.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

15+ Year Old Account
    yea, because newegg doesnt have actual people review products? think again.

also, UPS does fine, i've never waited more than 3 days once the item was shipped until the time it was sitting on my doorstep
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Newegg is all I've ever bought from, and they've always been crazy fast getting stuff to me. Never had an experience either way with Tigerdirect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy View Post
    That would chug so hard on WoW. To get a laptop to run WoW decently you'll spend, what, $2500+ easy?
    I actually have a laptop that my friends use over at my house on raid nights, I paid about 800 dollars for it a little over a year ago and honestly it does great. Granted it doesn't run max settings like my desktop, but it does mid setting just fine at 50-60 frames.

OT: I would go with Newegg, I've been using them for years and I've never had a problem with them. I order all my upgrades for my desktop from them. Good customer service and the prices are pretty good for the most part.
    Last edited by Zero_Caliber; 2010-10-15 at 06:46 PM.

I personally like NewEgg more, just cheaper prices & good quality items

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    yea, because newegg doesnt have actual people review products? think again.

also, UPS does fine, i've never waited more than 3 days once the item was shipped until the time it was sitting on my doorstep
    Three times in a row now I have had packages get to the local distribution center very early Saturday. It is at max 4 miles from my house, each time I have had to wait until Monday to receive it. They also refuse to let you pickup boxes from there unless the package would of had to of been signed for. This isn't a Fedex > UPS post or anything just giving more info about my experiences with them.

thank you all for providing feedback, i've made my choice now where to order from (Hint:Newegg, sorry if the post got on a tangent, i didn't plan on that happening.