Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    As a fury warrior myself i can only say. We can't judge SMF yet. as we need to use agi weapon and not strenght weapons and that makes us lose yea wel... some strenght. So we can only judge it realy once strenght one-hand dps weapons are implanted in the game.
    We can judge that unless TG recieves some kind of buff (perhaps in rage generation so that damage doesn't completely go out of bounds) it's gonna get outscaled by SMF fast.The majority of yellow dps for fury atm rellies on AP attacks and SMF simply scales those much more than TG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironflame View Post
    Yeah went to LK last night with SMF and 4 set t 10, It was great pulled in second dps and damage with heroic 10 man Gutripper in main hand, T1 wrathful axe in offhand topped out at just over 11k dps, it was great, I dont think I will ever go back to TG now. SMF is soooo fun! My guild made me wait over 10 seconds to start dpsing because I would pull off the pally tank >.<, my burst was around 13k at that point.
    is that with mastery rating or just hit/exp capped and the rest to haste?
    id greatly appreciate if u could post ur stats

"update" on SMF dps

Did voa 25 before the reset, got one shot due to no misdirects (woops)

Did voa 25 again today. The other warrior on the meter was in comparable gear minus the heroic axe in my offhand, he was also TG spec.

I felt like I needed more haste this time around, there were more downtime moments than in the last raid I was in even with taking damage on purpose to fill the rage bar.

Anyways, here's some screens of dps and abilities used.

im VERY interested to see if weaving rend in would be a dps gain. bleeding off rage till 25 and then going battle to rend and bleeding off rage till 25 to back to zerker is what ive heard

just hit/exp =p no mastery at all,
    AP: 4360
    Haste: 10.95%
    Hit: 17.70%
    Crit: 35.83
    Exp: 26/29
    Mastery: 8

you can check my armory too for gemming etc.
    Visit http://www.twitch.tv/laughinwhale have a cash and steam game give away going!

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad View Post
    Heroic Strike is on a 3 second cooldown and it no longer treats our off-hand attacks as a special meaning that we need more than the 8% we did before.
    So very very very incorrect All fury cares about is making sure the specials dont miss. Our hit rating target is STILL 167 or 8%. Heroic strike while not being an on next attack ability is still a special attack and only needs the 8%

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 02:40 AM ----------

I was trying both out and my observations are SMF has a much smoother and reliable rage income but TG still outperforms it the damage is higher with TG. If TG ever gets the same kind of rage income as SMF then it wont even be a contest.

So very very very incorrect All fury cares about is making sure the specials dont miss. Our hit rating target is STILL 167 or 8%. Heroic strike while not being an on next attack ability is still a special attack and only needs the 8%
    And you're saying the other guy is giving misinformation? Jesus.

The reason warriors are stacking hit is for rage generation purposes; with normalisation came the increased need to make white hits miss less, to ensure a smooth(er) flow of rage.

He is correct too, in that the HS bug no longer applies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 02:40 AM ----------

I was trying both out and my observations are SMF has a much smoother and reliable rage income but TG still outperforms it the damage is higher with TG. If TG ever gets the same kind of rage income as SMF then it wont even be a contest.
    Umm, no.

Hit is very important for fury, and you should not stop stacking it once you hit 8%. I'm at 27.00% currently, which means my white swings will hit 100% of the time, and I still have moments where I have to wait a moment until I can HS/BT/RB due to lacking rage. I'm running as SMF though, so the rage generation is really smooth, but if you don't get upwards 20% hit, you're gonna run into problems.

Also, TG is currently easy to outscale due to our attacks being primarily AP-based (only weapon-damage-based attack is RB (and Slam, but it's worthless)) and SMF providing a straight +15% damage done, compared to TG without a modifier, that instead has more weapon damage.

And to undethknight: Yes, weaving in Rend is a significant DPS gain. And as you said, you want to try to get rid of excess rage to land at 25 or less for changing stances. BT and HS deal almost the same damage in both stances, so don't worry about using one of them in Battle Stance to get back to <25 rage.

Deleted
    guys let me ask something since i havent played my warrior since the new patch came out.is crit still giving more rage than hits.cause if thats the case i would say SMF is best

This has been a very informative post. SO much so i wanted to thank you all for the parses and effort. I have been feeling rather GIMP in my raids as TG, and rage starved to say the least. I will switch to SMF tonight, and give it a shot...

Is there a spec somewhere for the ideal SMF setup atm? Can someone point me to it. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vultures View Post
    guys let me ask something since i havent played my warrior since the new patch came out.is crit still giving more rage than hits.cause if thats the case i would say SMF is best
    Crits and hits give the exact same rage since the rage normaliztion.

Quote Originally Posted by Endlaw View Post
    This has been a very informative post. SO much so i wanted to thank you all for the parses and effort. I have been feeling rather GIMP in my raids as TG, and rage starved to say the least. I will switch to SMF tonight, and give it a shot...

Is there a spec somewhere for the ideal SMF setup atm? Can someone point me to it. Thanks.
    There are a lot of options when it comes to specs, we got around 5 points to play around with in fury (if you skip Bloodsurge, since Slam is practically worthless), take all the DPS increasing talents, then you should have a couple points to put in either Blood Craze, Piercing Howl, Die by the Sword, Furious Attacks or Skirmisher (this is assuming you pick up situational DPS increases such as Rude Interruption and Meat Cleaver), also remember to get Booming Voice as it's a straight-up rage generation talent that will come in handy at lower (and even higher) hit and haste levels.

You can check out my warrior (Avalea at Auchindoun EU) for a talent spec, if you would so like.
    Last edited by mmoc14827eacb9; 2010-10-20 at 08:21 PM.

Yes I am glad it helped! It was meant to be for this purpose and it has worked out well, I wish you luck! Also my SMF spec is on my armory, Ironflame - Illidan US.
    Visit http://www.twitch.tv/laughinwhale have a cash and steam game give away going!

Quick question: With SMF do I want slow/slow or slow/fast for weps? I would imagine slow/slow for raging blow but I am new to my warrior.

Deleted
    I'm going with Slow/Slow as I believe most do, however the difference wouldn't be that big if you had a fast weapon in your offhand since Raging Blow is the only attack that hits with both weapons (excluding Slam because it sucks, as I've said before) and is only the third (or forth, if you count Execute) and even the offhand portion of the damage is rather low compared to main hand.

In short: use whatever you have access to, with the highest ilevel (wether it be fast or slow).

Quote Originally Posted by papaya View Post
    Quick question: With SMF do I want slow/slow or slow/fast for weps? I would imagine slow/slow for raging blow but I am new to my warrior.
    I currently use 2.60/2.60 so slow slow relative to 1 handlers at-least. It is working out excellently!