Getting rid of the ambient character lighting

Last edited by Mime; 2013-09-23 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure what effect you're referring to...but if it's the Full-Screen Glow effect, you should still be able to disable that in Video options.

Last edited by Mime; 2013-09-23 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime View Post
    It's a command that turns off the ambient lighting your character produces so you are lit by world lighting instead.
    Interesting. I've never heard of that.

The only thing I can think of is that it might require a value now.
    Does /console characterambient 1.0 work? I think that's off...either that or 0.0.

The only time I've ever found my character being lit up in that fashion is when my mouse was hovering over it or I was targeting myself. In every other situation, it was lit up by the surrounding world.

It's certainly odd if that's how it looks all the time for you.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire