Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Empowered Imp Bug

Couldn't find it anywhere else, but is someone else experiencing the Empowered Imp proc gets eaten if you're already casting Soul Fire and it procs?

Casting Soul Fire -> Mid-cast Empowered Imp procs -> Proc gets spent when cast finish -> Firing another Soul Fire starts a hard cast, not an instant.

Extremely annoying to say the least.

Deleted
    In destruction, soul fire shouldnt be a continuous part of your rotation, only when soulburn is off cd or when empowered imp procs. If you are using it at any other time, then you are doing it wrong. In this situation, this "bug" isnt an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanden View Post
    In destruction, soul fire shouldnt be a continuous part of your rotation, only when soulburn is off cd or when empowered imp procs. If you are using it at any other time, then you are doing it wrong. In this situation, this "bug" isnt an issue.
    So if I want to cast it to renew my 15% haste talent and I get a proc during the cast I need to get punished for it? Seems like a bug go and report it.

He's talking about only casting it at 80% +
    This has been happening to me as well. Really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Leanden View Post
    It actually is an increase to get the buff up, so you're the one doing it wrong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laufeia View Post
    He's talking about only casting it at 80% +
    This has been happening to me as well. Really annoying.
    Didn't the 80% part of the talent get removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg1234 View Post
    Didn't the 80% part of the talent get removed?
    in beta, not live
    Actually Mr. Lennon, I can imagine a world with no war, hate, religion, or violence. I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming

Yes this has occured a number of times while smashing a target dummy.

This happens because your isf is still active when the instant cast proccs and will not reset your isf as a result so it expires and you have to recast sf again to get the buff back. Its not a bug but rather a rng issue. just have to be aware of it.

EDIT - I may have misunderstood the op issue. I have noticed this and it is annoying - feels like a wasted proc but is just bad luck i believe. However it sure would be nice if they could fix it.
    Last edited by Tritone496; 2010-10-15 at 08:53 PM.

That does sound annoying... =(

15+ Year Old Account
    This happened for paladins throughout wrath if we got a delayed art of war proc while casting flash of light. Get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes this sucks... when I do a soulburned soul fire and then emp imp comes up it consumes both buffs...

It's the way spells have worked for a long time. I wouldn't expect them to fix it you just have been sheltered with playing destro probably all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by theeverdead View Post
    It's the way spells have worked for a long time. I wouldn't expect them to fix it you just have been sheltered with playing destro probably all this time.
    Not at all, both Nightfall and Backlash works perfectly well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    Yes this sucks... when I do a soulburned soul fire and then emp imp comes up it consumes both buffs...
    O'rly? When emp imp is up on mine, it fires off the instant cast soulfire without consuming the soulburn effect until the second time i fire soul fire.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    This sounds like the Nightfall + Glyph of Corruption bug all over again (and it's still present). 2 buffs that can cause the same thing to occur and both get consumed with the single use. Definitely report it, hopefully Blizzard can sort out a fix.
    Nightfall+glyph isn't broken anymore. Also I was experiencing this with soulfire but it seems to be fixed since it wasn't consuming my SF proc anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ninepointseven View Post
    Couldn't find it anywhere else, but is someone else experiencing the Empowered Imp proc gets eaten if you're already casting Soul Fire and it procs?

Casting Soul Fire -> Mid-cast Empowered Imp procs -> Proc gets spent when cast finish -> Firing another Soul Fire starts a hard cast, not an instant.

Extremely annoying to say the least.
    you should never cast SF only soulburn SF or random procs.

if u do Soul burn, SF and while that is happening your imp procs. u should be able just to spam your SF button and shot 2 SF right after another. At least i can. i have not had a problem

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    15sec * 0.15 = 2.25sec

This is the amount of time you roughly save for casting a soulfire >80% on live.

If your soulfire casttime <=2 secs (1406 haste or more) you should definately cast it to get the 15% haste buff if soulburn is on cooldown and if you are waiting for your imp to proc.

At least, this is what I do reaching 21K+ dps in ICC.

Hard casting soulfire IS worth it for the haste buff. Ideally you start casting sf just before the haste buff expires. This basically means that >80% you should constantly have the haste buff - whether it's due to using a soulburn or emp imp proc. Whoever waits for an emp imp proc to cast soul fire >80% is doing 'it' wrong and not the other way around.

Anyway, yes, a hardcast eats procs and soulburns, happened to me more than once.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2010-10-28 at 04:08 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

This happened for Art of War for ret paladins, when hard casting a Exorcism or Flash of Light. Never got fixed for us.