Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wait...what happened to my Spriest?

When I first started doing heroics with an ilvl of 329 I was doing an easy 11-13k in dps...But for some reason now that I'm up to an ilvl of 345, I"m struggling to do 8k dps...Seems like the more upgrades I get the lower my dps gets...Am I doing something wrong, my rotation is SWP, VT, DP, MB and MFx3, MB, MFx3 then VT, DP, MB, back into MF using my Wings when they proc...am I doing something wrong

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nisch/advanced

Alot of cloth gear doesn't have hit on it. Are you still at 17% hit. Missing with even a few spells can drastically lower your dps.

SP have been nerfed recently. Probably the cause for dps loss

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 04:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lavoisier View Post
    Alot of cloth gear doesn't have hit on it. Are you still at 17% hit. Missing with even a few spells can drastically lower your dps.
    SP are strange in that they don't actually have to hard cap at first. After a certain point extra hit is less beneficial then haste (forget the %)

The sad part is, is they were actually buffed not nerfed in this last patch unless they caught a nerf that i did not see they had MB and mind sear buffed.

Yah but previous hotfix nerfed shadow dmg from 25% increase to 15% on the mastery buff thingy (forget name)

Shadow Power was reduced to 15% from 25% in a hotfix

edit: beaten to it

I'm not entirely sure, but you never know. I have a feeling that Blizzard may have crunched SP numbers to coincide with the fact that they are receiving Dark Intent in a raid. It has appeared to me to be, by far, the single highest dps increase for a SP in the game. So while the personal solo dps may seem down a bit, I feel that if you are in a raid and have DI, you will be putting forward some great numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by platinumpat3133 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure, but you never know. I have a feeling that Blizzard may have crunched SP numbers to coincide with the fact that they are receiving Dark Intent in a raid. It has appeared to me to be, by far, the single highest dps increase for a SP in the game. So while the personal solo dps may seem down a bit, I feel that if you are in a raid and have DI, you will be putting forward some great numbers.
    Is true. I forget the exact number but DI offers a SP ~2k or more dps increase

There isn't a "rotation", its entirely priority based, and refreshing dots before they drop off.

You have a ton of crit, and no haste.

Your stat priorities should be
    intellect
    SP
    haste
    and the math really isn't perfect yet, but crit > mastery as a rule, but not by much (I tend to prioritize it equally)

If you are basing your numbers off of trash dps, those most likely went way down, trash is alot of tab dotting and stuff like that. Bosses you get a much better idea as a rule, and make sure you are keep all 3 dots up (and keeping them up with your mastery bonus, its no joke)

Your haste is extremely low, that's the most likely cause of your drop in dps.

Deleted
    you lost t10 4 set ?

Deleted
    There are many, many other posts written by many other people on these forums and many others (yes, I put many 4 times in 1 sentence). For example, in a post about 2 hours ago I spent a good 20 minutes helping someone with rotation and gearing problems.

Try reading it.

Are you talking trash, bosses or both?

If you're running with folks that are geared like you are, it may be because trash mobs aren't living long enough for your damage to start rolling. On bosses, you should still be seeing decent DPS. The nerf to Shadow Power shouldn't equal a 3k DPS loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastydeath View Post
    When I first started doing heroics with an ilvl of 329 I was doing an easy 11-13k in dps...But for some reason now that I'm up to an ilvl of 345, I"m struggling to do 8k dps...Seems like the more upgrades I get the lower my dps gets...Am I doing something wrong, my rotation is SWP, VT, DP, MB and MFx3, MB, MFx3 then VT, DP, MB, back into MF using my Wings when they proc...am I doing something wrong

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nisch/advanced

There is no rotation, its a priority system.

If boss is higher then 25% hp: VT>SWP>DP>SF>MB>MF

If boss is 25% or lower: VT>SWP>DP>SF>MB(if you have 3 orbs)> SWD>MB>MF

AA is best used when you have a chance to mind flay + mind blast for some time (usualy happens after you refresh your first dots).

Secondly, Dark intent can give up to 4k dps bonus in a perfect situation, which never happens. Fight mechanics and lust take into account in DPS. If you are moving around quite a bit or have latency issues you will most not likely pull better dps then a tank and spank fight.

You should also take into account buffs (from a raid setting or group setting) like not having kings, dark intent, or lust.

Edit: You are also not hit cap, you generally wanna be within 1-2% of the hit cap. If you are using quartz and you are already casting a new spell after the first cast ends and your first cast misses it is going to be dps loss. You reforged out of spirit into haste too early.
    Last edited by zito; 2011-02-22 at 03:35 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by frijoles View Post
    There isn't a "rotation", its entirely priority based, and refreshing dots before they drop off.

You have a ton of crit, and no haste.

Your stat priorities should be
    intellect
    SP
    haste
    and the math really isn't perfect yet, but crit > mastery as a rule, but not by much (I tend to prioritize it equally)

If you are basing your numbers off of trash dps, those most likely went way down, trash is alot of tab dotting and stuff like that. Bosses you get a much better idea as a rule, and make sure you are keep all 3 dots up (and keeping them up with your mastery bonus, its no joke)
    Is the SP you show here for spell power or spirit?
    Just Remember some of us dont know it all so please be easy on us!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    That'll be spellpower.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

If you're only doing heroics 17% hit is well over what you need for heroics, you only need 5-6% hit for heroics. Also depends on your group... If you're in a group that is fairly well geared things might be dying too quick for you to push your DPS. Also are you multi-dotting? If not this could be why your DPS is lower as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavoisier View Post
    Misinformed.

Simcraft has been indicating for some time that Hit isn't what it used to be. There are number of reasons for this, mostly due to the fact more of our damage comes from DoTs these days and the new DoT mechanics don't penalise missed spells as much as they used to.

There is some evidence to suggest that Hit is worthy for movement heavy encounters or encounters that require lots of target switching. However in the current teir of encounters I wouldn't say that many encounters fit this description.

The only thing not being hit capped does is require you to be aware and react well to your missed casts which may increase complexity. So if you have half a brain and a good UI this isn't an issue. However the average WoW player doesn't have either of these things in which case being hit capped is probably a good idea.

So while I would recommend to most people to get hit capped that doesn't mean not being hit capped is going to drastically reduce your DPS. I suggest in this particular instance the OP doesn't remember his DPS accurately and/or the buffs he has available aren't the same buffs available to him now. 8% magic damage and DI in particular increase our DPS drastically and if he/she had those before and not now that would easily account for the difference.

Im a warlock with 7% hit, I do NOT reforge hit or socket or enchant it. So I have 7% hit and 355Ilvl in PvE and I do 20k+dps on single target dps boss.
    So what Im saying here is that Hit is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There is no rotation, its a priority system.
    Secondly, Dark intent can give up to 4k dps bonus in a perfect situation, which never happens. Fight mechanics and lust take into account in DPS. If you are moving around quite a bit or have latency issues you will most not likely pull better dps then a tank and spank fight.
    If you actually read the theorycrafting about DI targets you'll notice that it's projected to give a max of 4K RAID dps, and that is in the case of an affliction lock. The 4K RAID dps is not personal dps, you can expect in the ideal situation to maybe get a personal increase of 2k but that will require you to be playing your class optimally and a lock that is providing 95% DI uptime to you.

In the raids I've completed I had a destro lock provide me with DI and was getting about a 60% uptime. Actually measuring how many stacks I had during that 60% is somethign else entirely and pretty much impossible to track through logs (at least easily).