Thread: Pyroblast bug?

Pyroblast bug?

Is pyroblast bugged or am i the only one who can't cast it while moving now?

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 01:28 AM ----------

confirmed bug!!!!!

pyroblast works only while moving if not macro'd. so if you have a macro version of it, it wont cast if you move.

Report to gms!

That's because the spell cast by the proc has a different spell ID now. In fact, it even has an "!" on the end of it. So if you macro Pyroblast, when you try to cast it on the move during a Hot Streak proc, you need to be casting "Pyroblast!" instead.

I really have no idea why they chose to implement this new distinction. It totally screws some talents and glyphs as well...
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have it macrod, but oddly enough when I was farming HKs last night, I would be unable to cast it while moving at random times and other times I could. Oh well, fix it.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru View Post
    That's because the spell cast by the proc has a different spell ID now. In fact, it even has an "!" on the end of it. So if you macro Pyroblast, when you try to cast it on the move during a Hot Streak proc, you need to be casting "Pyroblast!" instead.

I really have no idea why they chose to implement this new distinction. It totally screws some talents and glyphs as well...
    It's nothing to do with macros. It's just a bug. The Pyroblast is still an instant cast spell, but you can only cast it when standing still. Think of it like a hunter auto-shot in WotLK in that when moving they'd have to briefly stop to fire out an auto-shot.

Speaking of bugs, I'm pretty sure Blink got bugged as well. While doing heroic rotface last night, every time I went to blink away from the ooze it sent me backwards. Not sure if this is because of the textures on the ground, or what, but it was highly aggravating. Tested it out of combat and it seemed to work fine.

/confused

Deleted
    Had same thing with blink while moving yesterday, overally it felt like it was bugged due to lag or something (which I didn't have though).

I've found a whole heap of stupid issues with Pyroblast(!) since Blizzard has decided to split it into two distinct spells. It actually forced me to weigh up macroing Pyroblast or Pyroblast! for my raid spec.

If you're using Pyroblast, you can't cast it while moving, but stopping for a tenth of a second to cast it still works then you can move during its GCD. Instant Pyroblast can also start a 2crit HS chain, but won't work as the second crit if it's instant, if it is the second crit, it doesn't reset the counter, and a third crit will then proc HS.

If you're using Pyroblast!, you can cast while moving, but you can't (and I don't know why you would ever want to) cast it without a HS proc, however it will not count as a crit towards HS be it the first or the second crit.

Obviously I chose to use Pyroblast instead of Pyroblast!, simply because of it counting toward HS procs. I can deal with stopping for a tiny amount of time, but a spell not working with a huge dps increase talent simply because Blizzard thought they'd be clever and give us an exclamation mark, is just stupid.

On the subject of Blink, I had it bug out (blinking nowhere like when you used to try to blink up stairs before you were on them) a couple of times on my first raid night, on Rotface, Sindragosa and I think LDW. Haven't had a problem since though.