Thread: Holy THREAT!

Holy THREAT!

How are you guys opening up on the boss? AV+hoW = pull and die.

What have you been doing..

The dps boost is nice, but threat is a huge issue now.

i've been a bit worried about this too, but havnt had a chance to see it in action yet.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    2 options.

1, wait 3 seconds or so to let the tank grab aggro- MDs will help here, and instead of AW+HoW you can use Zeal instead.
    2, Glyph for Hand of Salvation, and hope the tank will have more aggro when it wears off.

wait a few secs to unleash on the boss,or put salv on yourself while your running in after judging.

i like the salv idea. let the casters fend for themselves. i had to make a damn macro to salv our boomkin.
    Pondering returning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    wait a few secs to unleash on the boss,or put salv on yourself while your running in after judging.
    You "gain" threat by doing this in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    You "gain" threat by doing this in the long run.
    I'm meaning the unglyhed one.
    but yea either way the better choice is don't blow it off the fly.

what also might be fun. go balls out and pull threat on purpose so the tank cant get any sufficient aggro generation, sal yourself, watch the boss go punk ranged. i may end up glyphing salv to be an a-hole in my prot spec. its the little things that humor me anymore. and watching a caster run for their life is one of them.
    Pondering returning.

If you do this on a pull, you deserve to die anyways. Taking agro right away is going to prevent your tank from building up his vengeance buff, and cause all other dps to be threat capped. The tank -NEEDS- to get sufficient agro to KEEP agro.

tl;dr Get out of wotlk mindset. Wait for agro.

Quote Originally Posted by blahssat View Post
    If you do this on a pull, you deserve to die anyways. Taking agro right away is going to prevent your tank from building up his vengeance buff, and cause all other dps to be threat capped. The tank -NEEDS- to get sufficient agro to KEEP agro.

tl;dr Get out of wotlk mindset. Wait for agro.
    and that is why i really wish we had better luck with DBW drops.
    Pondering returning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night i did icc 10 as pally tank. On Fester i did 9.6k dps as tank, Highest crit was 75k and did alot 50k+. People still pulled agro off me. I think blizz will fix it because our dk tank was only doing 3k how the hell is he ment to keep agro.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Last night i did icc 10 as pally tank. On Fester i did 9.6k dps as tank, Highest crit was 75k and did alot 50k+. People still pulled agro off me. I think blizz will fix it because our dk tank was only doing 3k how the hell is he ment to keep agro.
    tbh we'd all be fine if we ere 85. its all the supper amount of crits that is causing the caster high threat. when we progress through an expantion tank threat is slowly fixed to the right spot every tier. i really wouldnt expect a lot of changes to it at 80. there might be one, but i'm not going to bet on it.
    Pondering returning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    what also might be fun. go balls out and pull threat on purpose so the tank cant get any sufficient aggro generation, sal yourself, watch the boss go punk ranged. i may end up glyphing salv to be an a-hole in my prot spec. its the little things that humor me anymore. and watching a caster run for their life is one of them.
    I pulled agro on LDW in p2 this week, bubbled, and laughed as she went for our ele sham, who I don't much care for.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    I pulled agro on LDW in p2 this week, bubbled, and laughed as she went for our ele sham, who I don't much care for.
    haha. nice. i unfortunatly didnt get in for her (late to raid). but from what vent sounded like, it was LDW chasing our boomkin around the room for a few minutes. but he has a lot of practice with that. hes benn "run awaY!" tanking her in 10 man for months.
    Pondering returning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomies are ridiculous at the moment. I'm a pally tank, we ran in on marrowgar 10seconds later he turns around and half the dps die because 2 boomkins pulled aggro at the same time. later they learned to wait ~5-10 seconds before starting to dps.

Though I think half the problem is tanks not knowing their rotation properly anymore, I know my aggro was getting constantly higher as we went through the instance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    I'm meaning the unglyhed one.
    but yea either way the better choice is don't blow it off the fly.
    What I mean, is dropping 20% threat when high on threat will make you "loose" more threat than dealing 2% less threat to begin with.

LOOKS like I will do Zeal 1st. Then do aw w/how.

Even though I think the other way around is better dps wise. but Im not taking the risk. 3 seconds isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    What I mean, is dropping 20% threat when high on threat will make you "loose" more threat than dealing 2% less threat to begin with.
    this x 100. reducing your threat by 100 every second right when you pull is inferior compared to losing 10000 threat every second when you're well into the fight.