Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pVVn3c| View Post
    My main before 4.0.1 was my Elemental shaman. Now they are just stupidly OP and faceroll. He is retired until this is no longer the case.
    Have you even glimpsed at mages, moonkins, warlocks and shadowpriests?

They utterly destroy people, at least we need to setup some stuff in order to achieve it.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

My main before 4.0.1 was my Elemental shaman. Now they are just stupidly OP and faceroll. He is retired until this is no longer the case.
    If anything Ele is harder to play now than pre 4.1 and they are classes that are more overpowered than elemental atm
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    Blizzard thinks that RNG equals fun.

Therefore they think that Shamans are the MOST FUN CLASS EVAAAAAAARRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr
    Jesus christ i have no idea why i found this so freaking funny. Grats your now my signature!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    And you know nothing about the class.
    Shaman now are alot harder to play then before, and the RNG is insanly annoying.
    Both PvE and PvP -wise, DPS vary too much on bosses and PvP is a miss with most of the other classes, once again, being more OP than shamans.
    7-11 never stop

Deleted
    Without RNG everything would be predictable and boring, just saying...

Personally I'm loving Elemental so far. The RNG combined with our mastery and things like reforging have made it very fun. I'm also enjoying resto as well. I'm happy

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorados View Post
    Without RNG everything would be predictable and boring, just saying...
    Some RNG is indeed fun. But when every single spell is or is affected by RNG it because more of a nuisance then fun.

What if your damage table was 1 to 1000. You would hate it if it was 1 all the time, and it would be overpowered if it was 1000 all the time. The reason people complain about Shamans in the first place if they get that lucky 900-1000~ 3 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyerai View Post
    Jesus christ i have no idea why i found this so freaking funny. Grats your now my signature!
    Glad to be of service.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Still, it's RNG to a point. It definitely matters more in short duration settings like 1v1 or Arena and the likes, but the longer the PvE boss fight is, the smaller the window or gap becomes.

You have to keep in mind, yes it's still RNG, but really it's a percentage. They end up being the same thing in the end, but if you have 30% crit and you cast Lightning Bolt for 10 minutes, your crit chance should be very close to 30% no matter how you slice it. If you tested on a target dummy for three 7 minute sessions (with the same rotation), our DPS would fall pretty close to one another.

I agree that RNG to a point is fun, but it can be overkill. I don't know if it's overkill just yet. I might be the minority here but I've been enjoying Elemental a bunch thus far in 4.0 and I haven't really found RNG with things like Lava Surge, Rolling Thunder, or Elemental Overload too bothersome... yet.
    Last edited by tusker; 2010-10-17 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nira View Post
    when did they say they want to take away RNG as much as possible? practically every class has big playstyle altering RNG in it now, more than ever before.
    when they removed mace stun, that's when they said they want to take away RNG. welcome to world of warcraft.

we're an even bigger glass cannon this expansion, i can just see us getting focused in pvp yet again...
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

Quote Originally Posted by Nira View Post
    when did they say they want to take away RNG as much as possible? practically every class has big playstyle altering RNG in it now, more than ever before.
    Yeah they said they wanted to get rid of RNG as much as possible. Then they pretty much made shaman completely revolve around RNG. Go figure o wait it's blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    If anything Ele is harder to play now than pre 4.0.1fix't and they are classes that are more overpowered than elemental atm
    Yeah, you are right. Standing around being a pew pew faceroll turret is super hard.

Pre 4.0.1 if you were a good shaman (which you obviously weren't) you had to balance offense and defense, and be good at kiting, def totem dropping, and dispelling. Now we can do so much burst damage you barely have to worry about any of that, not to mention without instant ghost wolf you can't do much kiting to begin with.

TLDR: Wrong. Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoka View Post
    And you know nothing about the class.
    Shaman now are alot harder to play then before, and the RNG is insanly annoying.
    Both PvE and PvP -wise, DPS vary too much on bosses and PvP is a miss with most of the other classes, once again, being more OP than shamans.
    Ah, another bad shaman. Actually, I would say given your general lack of knowledge, as illustrated by your post, that you would be the one who knows nothing about the class.

As I said to the previous poster, Shamans are definitely not harder now than they were before the patch. The only things that have, "made it harder" is downloading a couple of add-on's to flash on your screen when you get LS and Fulmination. If that makes the game more difficult for you then I can see your problem, but it's not with the game itself. With elemental overload procs on LvB you can randomly faceroll just about anyone. So now that instant ghost wolf is gone. The class has went from something that took a little finesse (particularly against melee) to something that is so easy you can accidentally gib people.

TLDR: You fail harder than the first guy because you tried to look smart.

PS: Other classes being arguably slightly more OP than, or about the same as elemental shaman (spriest, boomkin, warlock) does not make it ok to defend Shaman being OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    Ok so before anyone reads this im warning you now this is COMPLETELY from a pvp perspective. You have been warned!

So now with fulm and lava surge i feel like ele is so RNG based now its crazy. Before it wasn't so bad but now it kinda is! Dont get me wrong, i love the feeling and excitement of hitting an overload with Lvb followed with another from lava surge, but lemme just say a couple things. First it is near impossible to get more than 6 charges of LS in pvp... i understand the move hits VERY hard and blizz even stated that "well if u dont want a shaman to walk around with 9 charges just hit him!" and thats cool and all it just gets frustrating! We get this new badass talent and we can almost never use it to its full potential in a PVP environment. Only a few times have i gotten 9 charges, and sometimes it takes FOREVER to get em. I wont make this very long all im trying to say is now with lava surge and fulm i sometimes feel either ridiculously OP, or i feel a bit under par from other classes because nothing is proccing or i cant get any orbs. Also sometimes lava surge will proc like 4 times in a row and sometimes it wont proc for a long while. and yea i know with mastery and at 85 things will be different i know i know, I just find it odd that blizz said they wanted to take away RNG as much as possible but they made ele even MORE rng. And yea this is what we get with our class and i guess those exciting times just keep me playing a shaman! So dont tell me to play another class or any of that crap cause "thats just how shamans are" i know that im just stating my opinion and i want to know how you other ele shaman feel about us now.

I also have a suggestion, and this is for a new lightning shield glyph... instead of not letting LS go below 3 charges, they should make it so when u take damage it doesnt take away any orbs so u can actually get 9 charges! i dont know i just think that would make more sense.

Tell me what you guys think, if you feel the same way, or maybe you love all the RNG. Good feedback is much appreciated!
    Can you not DPS a dummy and get 9 charges and just go into an Arena with the charges already maxed? If you can, then its not hard at all to get 9 charges....
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar View Post
    Can you not DPS a dummy and get 9 charges and just go into an Arena with the charges already maxed? If you can, then its not hard at all to get 9 charges....
    lol, nope. you can't.

But it is true that RNG destroys every class in pvp ATM. Some more and some less.

I hope that will chang with 85 and a lot larger HP pool compared to the dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
    lol, nope. you can't.

But it is true that RNG destroys every class in pvp ATM. Some more and some less.

I hope that will chang with 85 and a lot larger HP pool compared to the dmg.
    Well then take a target dummy with you and throw one down before every match, problem solved! :P

They wouldn't last through 2 or ouf LBs lol
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

in some blue post blizzard stated that they didnt want to remove RNG from the game, because without it everything in the game could be calculated out even before you started playing, so RNG=fun...
    i dont have the link but it would be nice if someone got it...

Deleted
    Talking about RNG have you ever played a warrior pre 4.0? Even now. sometimes you have like 100% rage because you get 20rage procs constatly as arms but then 3 seconds later you are at 15 rage because your autoattack only gives so little you want to switch to a onehanded weapon just to get the rage flowing again!

Anybody that plays not only shaman but other classes will see that the RNG on shaman is pretty much as frustrating as on any class.
    You should be more upset about the fact that other classes can purge you of your orbs (still is magic yes?) so they can take away that without eating the orbs while hitting you. mages and locks have had their shields turned undisspellable because that fucked with their playstyle (though I cant imagine it was too harsh to rebuff as I have to playing healing shaman with watershield) Its about time they became disspellable again or other similar mechanics get the upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    Ok so before anyone reads this im warning you now this is COMPLETELY from a pvp perspective. You have been warned!

So now with fulm and lava surge i feel like ele is so RNG based now its crazy. Before it wasn't so bad but now it kinda is! Dont get me wrong, i love the feeling and excitement of hitting an overload with Lvb followed with another from lava surge, but lemme just say a couple things. First it is near impossible to get more than 6 charges of LS in pvp... i understand the move hits VERY hard and blizz even stated that "well if u dont want a shaman to walk around with 9 charges just hit him!" and thats cool and all it just gets frustrating! We get this new badass talent and we can almost never use it to its full potential in a PVP environment. Only a few times have i gotten 9 charges, and sometimes it takes FOREVER to get em. I wont make this very long all im trying to say is now with lava surge and fulm i sometimes feel either ridiculously OP, or i feel a bit under par from other classes because nothing is proccing or i cant get any orbs. Also sometimes lava surge will proc like 4 times in a row and sometimes it wont proc for a long while. and yea i know with mastery and at 85 things will be different i know i know, I just find it odd that blizz said they wanted to take away RNG as much as possible but they made ele even MORE rng. And yea this is what we get with our class and i guess those exciting times just keep me playing a shaman! So dont tell me to play another class or any of that crap cause "thats just how shamans are" i know that im just stating my opinion and i want to know how you other ele shaman feel about us now.

I also have a suggestion, and this is for a new lightning shield glyph... instead of not letting LS go below 3 charges, they should make it so when u take damage it doesnt take away any orbs so u can actually get 9 charges! i dont know i just think that would make more sense.

Tell me what you guys think, if you feel the same way, or maybe you love all the RNG. Good feedback is much appreciated!
    I actually like the idea for your glyph -- set it up so earth shock eats your extra charges as normal, but if you get hit you don't lose a charge -- downside would have to be that it doesn't do damage to people hitting you. That said, for pve and pvp, I think that would be a fair trade -- we aren't exactly banking on lightning shield damage to knock people over.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    If anything Ele is harder to play now than pre 4.1 and they are classes that are more overpowered than elemental atm
    Ehh, gonna have to politely disagree with you on it being harder to play -- giving us two things to watch for (lightning shield charges and lava surge procs) isn't exactly making the class hard to play. If you think that's hard, try playing enhance, their priority list is stupidly long. (I also sucked at enhance when I tried it, free admission, but oy.)

It's not hard to play, and with WotLK health pools, it's a wee bit OP. However, Cata health pools should even things out. Except for mages dropping 50k arcane blast crits, that shit is ouch.

Deleted
    That lightingshield glpyh is good for enhancement! dont change it NOOOO. would be horrible if we wouldnt get the dmg off when it -.-