Deleted

I always have slow download speeds for patches...any suggestions?

Ok, so whenever there is a new patch/expansion I used the Blizzard downloader to sort the business. MY problem is this..

I will use this patch for an example...

Patch starts to download, zooms through 3.2 Gb in about 10 - 15 mins, I was dead impressed.....Until it hit 3.29 Gb, its slowed RIGHT dwn to about 10 kb/s. Now I had a feeling it was a connection overlaod, so I left it a while. It then started to range between 9kb/s to 25 ish kb/s. Now this to me is VERY slow, but I dont understand why.... I left it on since about 10AM this morning, went to work, now 12 hours later im only at 81%, still only hitting about 10 - 25 kb/s.

Now I understand it's done by downloads from other and whatnot, however I dont understand out of the millions of people using the patch, how its so slow or how its struggling to find download IP's. I also don't understand how everyone else has downloaded it a lot faster than myself.

My ISP is Virgin, and its a broadban up to 10mb/s connection. I dont think its down to excessive usage policies, as I was the only one using the net this morning....and all day. I have also opene all the ports that Blizzard suggest to open in order to boost the downloads.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for the wall of text,

Halatosis

Deleted
    Can be caused by loads of stuff.. Does it also do it when you disable P2P in the downloader's settings?

I had almost the same problem, it wouldn't get over 60 kb/s.. then I disabled peer to peer... it took about 20 minutes for the download to start from Blizzard's own server, but when it finally did the speed was blazing. Turned a 12 hour download into a 75 minute download.