About our GCD...

A lot of people are saying that hunters in general want to get steady down to 1.5 cast time and I'm curious if this is because everyone is assuming that our GCD is still 1.5 or for some other reason? (For the record, our GCD has been lowered to 1.0).

Or is this 1.5 steady shot time related in a number with raid buffs and/or self buffs?

1.5 second steady allows for 1 more steady over a 6 second period (4 instead of 3) which is possibly the reason. It can also be people not having spotted that our GCD is now 1 second of course, but I think the former is more likely.
    Mooska (Holy Cow Meatshield) <Lethal> - Argent Dawn EU
    Nooska (Blood Elf Animal lover) <Lethal> - Argent Dawn EU
    Beast Master hunter in 4.3 - Elitist Jerks
    Beast Master hunter, PVE guide - Wowhead

I think it's just holdover from the previous 1.5 GCD. In many cases it's just one of those things where people are just parroting back what they've always heard to be true, without really understanding why.

The "haste soft cap" that everyone refers to was only a 1.5s steady cast because that matched the GCD. No now, technically the haste soft cap would be a 1 second steady cast (and how awesome would it be to actually reach that?). I don't think we're likely to EVER get enough haste to hit it though now, so it's kind of irrelevant. I do believe the days of a "haste cap" are over.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account
    w/ a frost dk in group and imp steady shot i've gotten down to a 1.2 sec steady, has anyone been able to get it down to 1 sec yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

lol, so much damage!

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    w/ a frost dk in group and imp steady shot i've gotten down to a 1.2 sec steady, has anyone been able to get it down to 1 sec yet?
    I had it as low as 0.8 seconds with both Bloodlust and Rapid Fire up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya mine was at .9 w/ rapid fire, i just hate casting all those steadies that have a longer cast time than the gcd, for every 5 steadies i'm usin i waste a gcd =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

This is going to be one subject I can't wait for theory crafters to tackle, what is the optimal amount of haste to reach before its value begins to decrease? Considering the various haste buffs each spec gets I think there will be a point where haste is possibly as valuable (If not more so) as agility point for point until we reach the newly dubbed 'haste cap' that the theory crafters provide.

Hunters in the near and far future are looking at a glorious time of change, at least for those who are able to adapt to it.

Deleted
    Hunters got their GCD reduced to 1sec? wow, I completely missed that. any source on this please?

Quote Originally Posted by xerxo View Post
    Hunters got their GCD reduced to 1sec? wow, I completely missed that. any source on this please?
    Source is 'go to target dummy and pop rapid fire' :P It wasn't actually reduced to 1 second, but rather made to allow haste to reduce it.

Quote Originally Posted by xerxo View Post
    It sin the game, its been stated at some point by blizzard (sorry, won't be providing a link, can't be bothered to go look it up) and it should be in the hunter compilation here. I'm pretty sure it should be in teh final 4.0.1 patchnotes as well.
    Mooska (Holy Cow Meatshield) <Lethal> - Argent Dawn EU
    Nooska (Blood Elf Animal lover) <Lethal> - Argent Dawn EU
    Beast Master hunter in 4.3 - Elitist Jerks
    Beast Master hunter, PVE guide - Wowhead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Source is 'go to target dummy and pop rapid fire' :P It wasn't actually reduced to 1 second, but rather made to allow haste to reduce it.
    You are off with that. The GCD is 1 second now. Has nothing to do with rapid fire.