Blood & Thunder and Thunderstruck not doing the job

After some test last night Blood & Thunder and Thunderstruck have turned out pretty tricky to use, to say the least.

If you open with Rend and then wait a full cd to TC, chances are, you will loose aggro on your main target. Same thing if you wait a full 20 secs before using SW to have time to stack 3 TS charges.

On packs, the best strategy for me was to open with SW, Rend while mobs were stunned, TC and then SS my main target. After that, it was safer to stack TS before SW was off cd again.

But still, i'm not sure those talent points are worth it: complicated mechanics with no clear avantage over using TC and SW plain and simple. Wasting 2 cd to apply a weak Bloodbath is just not worth it. As for TS, the cd of Tc is just too long (6 secs) to make it efficient.

All in all, I'd say b&T and TS work against something all warriors are happy with: snap aoe aggro

You are not meant to wait 20 seconds before using Shockwave anyway, who gave you that idea? Thunderstruck is a buff, it's not mandatory. After the first pack in a heroic it's probably going to be stacked to 2 or 3, setting you up for a nice Shockwave on the next pack.

That said, you found a strategy that works for you. Good. Personally, I usually either charge -> Rend/Cleave -> TC or charge -> TC/cleave -> Shockwave -> Rend. Depends a bit on how triggerhappy the group is.

Deleted
    Well, im not using B&T, but as for Thunderstruck during boss encounters, i find it pretty damn sweet, u just have to get a good rotation with a few priorities (shield slam and SS) and work in 3 TC, 1 SW. With about +7k AP from Vengeance, u can get some pretty damn nice numbers from SW, and some damn sweet TPS.

As i said, just work it into your rotation and u'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Depends a bit on how triggerhappy the group is.
    And if DPS wants to tank one who am I to tell them how to play?

p.s. Plus something is wonky with survivability. We had a warlock tanking 25 Heroic Marrowgar for probably 20% yesterday and he shrugged it off like nothing. Nothing like that to teach DPS bad habits :P
    Give me the strength to change what I can, the patience to accept what I cannot, and the calm, sane disposition I need to avoid ripping the heads off people who say stupid things when I'm around.
    ----------
    Hokey religions and QQ posts are no match for a good moderator at your side, kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I've been going with Charge > Rend > Cleave > TC > SW and go from there, and seeing as I have a TON of extra rage since the patch you should have no problem pulling each group with 50+ rage. As for Thunderstruck I think it's really nice to have seeing as it's a little extra something towards your next SW, which for me hits for a ton if I get 2-3 stacks.

Deleted
    I havent seen a DD that actually attacked the instant the tank is on a group where TC at the beginning of a pull is mandatory.

Not seen before 4.0.1 not seen since. They usually tend to wait or lag behind my client at least 1 GCD making rend->TC more than possible. I have 100-200ms, them again 100 is at least 300ms. then 1s reaction time if they are totally fast and not half asleep and another 100ms lag from them to server again 1.4s

This would be under ideal timings, they usually react +2sec into a charge or more. Dont see why one wouldnt have time to rend+TC and then shockwave.
    Worked for me since vanilla and still works now

The DPS I am usually running with has a large tendency to start before I can even complete my charge, but even with that still happening I find that Charge, SW, Rend, TC. This seems to let me fire at least 1, if not two TC's before SW comes off CD, though I am looking at putting the Glyph of Shockwave in which would drop that down to 1 extra TC, which is still two stacks of Thunderstruck.

Ive had no problems doing charge > rend > tc > SW, if dps are dumb and attack something before i complete that cycle i have a new OT, i taunt nothing for dps who cant wait at the very least for TC

I've been Thunderclapping between pulls too. On my way to the next pack, if rage allows (shout if needed) I'll just thunderclap nothing to stack the buff. Then by the time I charge into the next pack I'll be at 2 or 3 stacks after thunderclapping the group once, setting up the use of shockwave.

In heroic dungeons, with the few times I've tanked, I've found it nearly impossible to utilize this talent due to two factors.

1) dps starting aoe the second we pull
    2) trash dying too fast to make use of much more than 1 maybe 2 ticks.

I haven't had a chance to raid tank as it's not my main spec but possibly it's more worth your time to toss the rend in to the rotation there.