Page 1 of 2
LastLast

what happened to tier gear

Is it just me or has anyone else thinking teir gear is losing its epic feel. Teir gear atm isnt great but teir 11 looks like all the classes are competing to have more glow brighter colors and bigger shoulders. Is it just me or has class feel and just general awesome looks being lost in cataclysm....

so good looking gear makes it less epic? I don't udnerstand this

10+ Year Old Account
    Posters #3,#4 stop making pointless replies to get your post cound up,

On topic: Tier gear lost it's epic feeling a long time ago Cata will be no different, and yeah classes will allways fight over the shiney glowz.

What makes TIER gear not epic is when you can buy it thru badges from 5 man heroics

Quote Originally Posted by supremo502 View Post
    What makes TIER gear not epic is when you can buy it thru badges from 5 man heroics
    Not in Cataclysm.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

I think people are just being blind and not open minded.

Let's take a trip down memory lane.
    Remember how awesome it was to obtain a tier token from a hard boss, say from Archimonde. Finally your T6 helm piece.
    Wearing that helm basically said: Sup, I beat Archimonde.

Sadly, the casuals and people who just didn't know how to raid saw that gear and QQ'd: "man, I want that gear... this is a game, it's supposed to be fun and for "everybody".

And that's what Blizzard decided to do. cater to "most" of the population and obviously, was the perfect move.(12 million subs wut).

So today, in Wrath, we buy our gear with badges and by just logging on a couple hours a week.
    You can't expect all sets too look good, and people have very different opinions. For an example I'm not a fan of the priest T11, but a friend of mine loves it.

Also, remember this is just the first tier set. We don't know what's to come yet!

Everyone has the gear, but not everyone has the hardmode achievements, and that's what differentiate a casual/non-raider from a raider nowadays. Just embrace the changes and make the best out of it. Remind yourself of all the good stuff that's still in the game. If you can't think of anything, well, probably just best for you to back away and look at other games that might please you more.

My point Is the looks of the gear os all bright glowy for everything. Point the dks are DEATH knights they shouldn't be glowing light colors classes are looking there feel like druids have wings in there teir what happened to antlers you know the normal thing for druids. I just think everything is becomin bright colors this post was nothing about getting the gear its about blizz's approach to gear design

There's only so many animals with antlers. >.> I feel like T11 druid is a return to dungeon set 1!

the sets are themed for the expansion more than for the class, because there are only so many different things that fit a class. About druids, they actually have a flight form (wings) and no form with antlers there by tiers with wings are more druidy than tiers with antlers...

and about the glowy stuff, it just looks better and I don't mind that they use it for the sets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boredisme9893 View Post
    My point Is the looks of the gear os all bright glowy for everything. Point the dks are DEATH knights they shouldn't be glowing light colors classes are looking there feel like druids have wings in there teir what happened to antlers you know the normal thing for druids. I just think everything is becomin bright colors this post was nothing about getting the gear its about blizz's approach to gear design
    It's keeping in theme with the overall "theme" of the expansion. BC had a lot of stuff that was "Outworldy" (pally sets etc) or demonic (warrior, walock set etc).

WotlK had a lot of stuff that emphasised the "cold undead" theme, really rugged looking armor.

Cata sets focus on the "elemental" aspect.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Well, druids have flight form, remember? And look at T6... a bird helm and feathers... I think it's great that they're trying to bring the feeling of T6 again, but in a pretty original way.

(very old screenshot lol)

Not sure why the imagine isn't showing up but, source: http://yfrog.com/73druidt6sj4j

Is it just me or has anyone else thinking teir gear is losing its epic feel. Teir gear atm isnt great but teir 11 looks like all the classes are competing to have more glow brighter colors and bigger shoulders. Is it just me or has class feel and just general awesome looks being lost in cataclysm....
    The gear looks amazing.

And come cata, not everyone and their left testicle will be running around in it.

to me, the tier gear lost its epicness when the non-tier raid gear is better than the tier gear, and everyone in a certain armor class looks the same. Just look at ICC gear. I see all kinds of paladins and death knights looking like warriors. I see feral druids and enhance shamans looking like rogues and hunters, respectively. Or, sometimes, I see holy paladins wearing shaman-looking mail pieces, or druids wearing cloth pieces that look like mages or priests.

If anything tier gear has only gotten more epic...especially for paladins (where T2 is the only exception for being UBER epic at an early tier level, and T7 for being a reused ugly tier)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    It started out in WotLK feeling pretty epic, then after the implementation of Heroics dropping Triumph, it started to not feel so epic. I remember doing Naxx 25 just praying to get my tier tokens. Then I got my legs and helm, and then the 10 man token for shoulders. It felt incredibly epic being able to go to the vendor and turn in my tokens for my new awesome gear that everyone did not have. Hopefully Blizzard will not make the same mistake in Cataclysm, hopefully they will make you have to tier up in gear like in some previous packs. (personally I like how vanilla worked in that you had to do quests and other things to get the resistance gear needed to start even basic raiding)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Sometimes I picture the devs with piles of each type of piece.

"Oh shit! We're running low on shoulders!"
    "That's fine, just grab some of the extra helmets and throw them where the shoulders should be!"

Example: the DK T11 set is Bizarro Burger King mixed with Cerberus...
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because bloom effects dictate epicness.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Tier gear needs to be obtainable by everyone if Blizzard wants to keep the flavor of different classes. Yeah, sure it is great for people to have tier gear to show off, but titles, achievements, and mounts do that as well. People who raid like it's a full time job are usually the ones not happy about "scrubs" wearing tier gear. Well I would rather see warlocks looking like warlocks and shamans looking like shamans than people in stupid mix/match BC starter quest gear look-a-likes. But seriously, if you raid solely to show off to other video game players, then probably you are not a good raider, or your real concern would be progression.

The t11 is so-so IMO. I like what they are trying to do with the whole cata feel, but somethings needs to be done about the warlock set.
    Last edited by Volcanicstrad37; 2010-10-15 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Edit to stay more on topic with OP.

Remember the epicness of t7..... wait it sucked, but it was the first tier of the exp. T11 eh DK looks alright mage is fantastic, but as a hole very blah. They will get better, and i didn't realize this was a raid vs. casual thread. but being able to buy the entire teir is not good the 2 piece badge buys were fine but the whole set no. In TBC every piece of teir you got was an achievement not so much in wrath, was nice though to be able to get my alts into ICC quik though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninurta View Post
    Remember the epicness of t7..... wait it sucked, but it was the first tier of the exp. T11 eh DK looks alright mage is fantastic, but as a hole very blah. They will get better, and i didn't realize this was a raid vs. casual thread. but being able to buy the entire teir is not good the 2 piece badge buys were fine but the whole set no. In TBC every piece of teir you got was an achievement not so much in wrath, was nice though to be able to get my alts into ICC quik though.
    this wasnt intented to be a casual vs hardcore thread this was suppose to be a pure so what do you think about the new gear and how it looks i expect personally for classes like death knights to not being bright glowly colors. it just doesnt fit the theme of a DK, they are warriors of the undead why is he bright orange or bright blue?

also someone one else made the point that themes BC was outworldly,Woltk frozen and undead thing, but they cant have black, red and other dark colors for a elemental theme for dk's in cata?