Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeuwke View Post
    You can't mark it because you can't target it.
    I can confirm the above post that says you can mark the lightwell. You can target it, you just don't have to.

My guild is benching 25 mans until Cata, but my 10 man has gotten very used to clicking it, very quickly. I tell them ahead of time when I'm going to set it down, and use one of the built in raid flares to mark where. Then I say on vent that's it down, and to my complete joy, they actually clicked it.

It's pretty nice, really.
    Last edited by Splenda; 2010-10-19 at 07:08 AM.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by BishopXQ View Post
    Any tank in my group should not have to worry about using Lightwell...I'm here to heal them. They always get 1st priority on all heals..all tanks should. The tank should have one worry and one only,keeping all the things that want to hurt me in painful ways beating on them.
    Tanks have a fair amount of spare time mid-fight and are keen to do anything that'll make their survivabilty better. As long as the HoT continues to not break too quickly on damage, a tank will use a well placed lightwell.

I think the big deal with lightwell is positioning. Something I'm going to have a word with my priests about. On LK they put down one for both the MT and the OT. But the MT one was where the melee were standing and couldn't be clicked easily. But the range on them is pretty decent, because the MT could still click the lightwell that was behind him for the OT. Don't lightwell where people are standing, use it next to them.

As a light well user BEFORE 4.01 let me just say I would never use this for tank healing unless I am in a fight where I can be locked out of healing. I get more benefit out of it in AE fights where I can click it and heal myself while I am casting heals, it was really useful for H BQ before my guild got over buffed and overgeared for the fight, and it is still useful on fights like Sindragosas where you can put it down where iceblock lands so people who are in iceblock can heal themselves.

I will say however that if I am playing my raid tank and a healer throws it down beside me I will use it especially if I am in a pug where the healing is weak, because unless its a kiting fight tanking is rather damn easy and it gives me something to do.