Deleted

Kitty weapon enchant 4.0.1

So what seems to scale best now? I used Black Magic in 3.3.5 due to ArPen cap etc. However now that our AP has been lowered I went to Berserking but I am not sure if Mongoose might be better or even that Black Magic is still good?

Deleted
    Mongoose easily beats all other options now.

I agree with Mihir and I am adding some supporting data:

Agility Scaling

Base Agility * Conversion Factor * Leather Specialization * Mark of the Wild * Aggression * Heart of the Wild

x *2 * 1.05 * 1.05 * 1.25 * 1.10 = 3.031875 Attack Power per Agility (self buffed in Cat Form)

Mongoose (self bufffed):
    132.3 Agility
    363.825 Attack Power
    1.5905% Critical Strike and
    0.9149% Haste

Berzerking (self buffed):
    550 Attack Power

Critical Strike is what boosts Mongoose well beyond Berzerking since every 1% of Critical Strike is approximately equivalent to 1% increase in overall damage (of course, Mongoose isn't permanently active so the result isn't a 1.5% increase in total damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Mongoose easily beats all other options now.
    This is outdated information. It was true before the insane bleeds buff. Now i do believe massacre is on top. It was tied with berserk before depending on proc luck and how when we have to reforge haste out, it'd give massacre an upper hand.

Deleted
    Using the latest Mew sourcecode, mongoose is valued at about 200 dps, while 110 ap is valued at ~130 dps. So yeah...

(and berserking at 180)

10+ Year Old Account
    Echoing the others: Mongoose.

Quote Originally Posted by Deos View Post
    This is outdated information. It was true before the insane bleeds buff. Now i do believe massacre is on top. It was tied with berserk before depending on proc luck and how when we have to reforge haste out, it'd give massacre an upper hand.
    If anything, it is more true after the bleeds buff.

I'm going to have to echo everyone else that 1.6% crit easily beats 36 76 attack power. And you should be reforging crit rating to mastery rating at the moment, so you won't likely hit the crit cap ever again.

They both have the same proc rate and buff duration.

An added benefit is that the best enchant for cats and bears is once again the same. No needing to compromise anymore because of that 5% armor debuff if you play both roles...

At least until closer to 85 when bears will probably be using a dodge rating proc.
    Last edited by Koumaru; 2010-10-15 at 03:21 PM.
    Dual Wielding: Equipping one weapon in each hand. Utilized by enhancement shamans, warriors, rogues, DK's, hunters.
    Duel Wielding: Equipping a rabid feral gnome in each hand and watching them inevitably tear each other into little gnome bits. Utilized by bored tauren warriors and also frequently by forum posters who can't spell "Dual Wielding."

Deleted
    I found it a better dps increase to reforge the highest stat out of crit and haste to mastery. so an item with 90 crit and 80 haste i reforge the crit to mastery, but an item with 90 haste and 80 crit i reforge the haste.

that is a great idea Mihir didnt think to do that. i have decided to get rid of all my hit and expertise gems in favor of agi and haste, agi for yellow sockets. one question

is hit valued much right now or is stats that would increase that bleed damage be the way to go?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deos View Post
    i dont think, unless we actualy now the new coefficents and base values that we can realy be sure if Ap got buffed or not
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    I found it a better dps increase to reforge the highest stat out of crit and haste to mastery. so an item with 90 crit and 80 haste i reforge the crit to mastery, but an item with 90 haste and 80 crit i reforge the haste.
    While I admit I don't have top tier cat gear since cat was my 3rd spec throughout this xpac, but I also took this approach to maximize the amount of mastery I could obtain. Right now I believe I am around 18.6 Mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangnail View Post
    that is a great idea Mihir didnt think to do that. i have decided to get rid of all my hit and expertise gems in favor of agi and haste, agi for yellow sockets. one question

is hit valued much right now or is stats that would increase that bleed damage be the way to go?
    Bleed damage is definitely the way to go, since the hotfix bleeds do over 50% of our damage if you gemmed/reforged/enchanted correctly.

agi >>> mastery > str > ap*2 > crit > haste > hit/exp