DK tier 11 armor models

The spoiler post showing DK tier 11 shows three different color options. Traditionally the colors would diferentiate a higher item level. but now there's three colors and coincidentally, red, green, blue....I'm wondering if each spec will now receive a particular set with different set bonuses. for example, green tier 11 gives bonuses to diseases, red set gives tank stats. I think this is a really cool idea, as well as tier 11 looking amazing.

I wasn't sure if I'd reactivate my account for cataclysm after seeing the talent changes, and with removal of a lot of the special things like exclusive 310% flying mounts, giving the speed to all mounts for gold. combining 10/25 man raids. but if the gear models keep looking this cool, along with the weapon models from raids, this will definately be a reason to buy cataclysm. I like the new aestetics and they dont look ridiculously silly

With a model set, there are always several colors. There are some colors for the different item level of the set for player and some colors that are used only for mobs or NPC.
    Quote Originally Posted by phred754 View Post
    "Nerf Rock. Paper is fine."
    - Scissors
    Originally Posted by Nakatoir (Blue Tracker)
    Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin and Laser Turkey

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little hesitant to believe that, but I do know that DK t11 is freaking sexy.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I guess they are the different colors for 10 man, 25 man and hard mode?
    I'm not sure at all and just jumping to conclusions.

But I wouldn't mind seeing a t11 with different colors for each spec :>
    That's definitely not it considering 10 and 25m drop the same loot now. What could be possible is that the first color would be badge bought, the second from raid tokens and third from heroic, though that also seems doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Looks like a spec color t11 isn't that wrong then
    I'm honestly hoping it isn't the case. My DK is unholy, so she would probably get the green set... I'd much rather have the orange/red one. :P

I was considering playing my DK for cata but after seeing this evil version of "The King" from BK, I doubt that happens

Please Blizzard make the paladin set look cool thats my last hope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ður View Post
    I was considering playing my DK for cata but after seeing this evil version of "The King" from BK, I doubt that happens

Please Blizzard make the paladin set look cool thats my last hope
    At least you're not a warlock. nuff said.

Its just speculation on mypart, but I don't think they would make an npc model look that epic, LOL... especially if its the same model as us, and people cant wear that color. I think its a strange coincidence that only DK have 3 colors, corresponding to their specs. I also remember them saying they wanted us with sets that looked more like, according to some people, uniforms. A way to distinguish a class/spec on the battlefield. It's at least a little easier in a group with several people to see who the tank is if his armor is all red (besides the raid icon) at least I think this would be a great idea, the only problem I see that like Odexy said, some people would want a color they're not specced for. like they want red for unholy, still I think its better to give us the choice which color we want, even if some people have to change spec or dual spec because I like the idea of knowing a DK is unholy or tank just by looking at him. it makes the fight better rather than surprise, I'm a tank LOL

I know one is probably the PvP set, one is tank and one is unholy/frost dps...but the colors suggest this idea of different tier colors based on spec, and I like it!

oh, and is it just me, or does the druid set look like it should belong to the priest, with the wings and all :P

here's the supposed druid tier 11
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ght=druid+tier
    Last edited by ungar; 2010-10-15 at 03:38 PM.