Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    on the "good fire" that shammys and druids make;
    i can't wait until level 83 i'll get Holy radiance. it's a self based aoe hot... i will literally be chasing people around trying to heal them as they move out of it.

best excuse ive ever seen to kick someone "retri's can't do dps" this was at the start of VH... my retri friend did 6.4k overall (he didnt get kicked cos there were 3 of us running together) we were like "OH so they can't dps at all?"
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

have u done more dmg than any of dps? maybe someone felt bad because of healer doing more dmg than he and told his friends to kick you /sadface

smite healing rocks, even in raids, if you know the encounter and can time your stuff well (which is just pretty easy since there's not much), just cast a few smites, shield tank and/or people taking dmg, throw a penance right after shield, as it benefits from haste bonus without consuming it, and now eat the haste bonus with a flash heal or get back to smiting, eat your stacks when people start getting hit a lot or just before big dmg is incoming (there's no gcd on that) and now top people off with 15% increased healing and a blue bar pretty much back to full.

It's all about timing your smites in "less dmg" moments of a fight, the stacking lasts pretty long so you have time to throw real heals in between as you just cant top off the entire group or raid if a lot of dmg is going on or if there's a lot of range dps they'll just be out of attonement range.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    OP's anecdote is far too one sided to be taken seriously. In the highly unlikely event that you've told us everything, which you prtty much haven't, then this would be a funny story to laugh about, not something to get community handholding on.

A good RL friend of mine has smite healed me (a tank) through at least a few dozen Heroics post patch, some in his level 60 RP gear for S'n'Gs, and no one said a word against him.

Bluff called. Screenshot or gtfo.
    Hush.

If you can't figure out the difference between a good friend of yours healing you with Smite and some random people in the LFG tool who most likely are not aware of the different changes to other classes, then it would be better not to comment. They might think Atonement is a PVP talent, or not know how much it was buffed in the Beta.

Also, what would they gain by fabricating this? Who would it benefit? And if they wanted to make someone look bad, then shouldn't they have included their name or some type of identification other than "some tank"?

Not everything is some massive trolling thread or conspiracy, you are the only one who cares about screenshots of this and frankly you seem to be the only person bothered about it at all, so it would be better to just ignore you and the rest of us can have a nice calm discussion.

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    between fade and shackle you might have deserved it
    Or maybe they should learn to interrupt.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Hush.
    agree with Abandon.
    Syridian please press the close button on your browser or go to another forum your childish trolling is not appreciated,
    and to the OP
    ignorant fools are ignorant, do not let their childish antics ruin your day, i would LOVE to have smite spec'd atonement priests healing it up in my randoms... i've been top dps in randoms for a while(with my prot pala and feral bear), a 4th dps would never ever hurt, i loved when ele shama's spriests and boomkins came in healing (even ret to a degree lol, insta cast FoL's, would be my last choice as a dps healer - (before 4.x idk how good selfless healer is)

i would even mention how i was happy i was they were going to speed things up(prevent people from voting due to ignorance), if they were geared enough to do it without running any risks.

but your dps heals well, so its even better, you dont have to stop dps'ing to heal, like Spriest but dont drain mana dropping Sform for random heals(when bubbles aren't enough due to dps standing in fire...)

so imho, have at it.

and maybe link them the talent first, it is new a lot of people dont keep up with class changes that dont effect them. (but since you were keeping the group up, they really were pure idiots...)
    Last edited by Christan; 2010-10-15 at 07:45 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've healed a random as Elemental and topped both the healing and damage meters. Do people not realize how easy heroics are?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I've healed a random as Elemental and topped both the healing and damage meters. Do people not realize how easy heroics are?
    I just completed a hc Oculus with a mage tanking. We were only 3 man most of the time: 2 dps 1 healer. A tank/dps joined later but the mage kept tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    I was kicked from a group about 2 weeks ago for healing in shadow spec. The group was insanely rude about it as well. We had a bad pull in OK in the 2nd room and I died to 2 back-to-back shadow blasts from the spell flingers. The group acused me of not healing and vote-kicked me out even though I was the only one that died. No chance to explain what happened or why.

All of that to say this really does happen, and when you get a group or a tank that is anal about it, it REALLY makes them mad for some reason.
    Spell Flingers are the #1 cause of random drama. Honestly unless I'm on my Shammy and can take care of the interrupts myself every time I get Old Kingdom I start praying for a tank with a clue. I see clue 2/5th of the time. It's seriously sad at this point of the expansion that people don't understand that mechanic.

from the''LF healer daily heroic!
    poordisc whispers: priest here,inv
    idiotleader whispers:spec?
    poordisc whispers:disc
    ldiotleader whispers:gtfo,i said healer!''early wotlk ages to this new cata age.

PS: post#10 was the funniest thing ingame ive ever read months now.nearly choke myself,was drinking lemonade

15+ Year Old Account
    I have done worse,balance healed random heroics,lol at those people that kicked you and que again.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Meh, I think its ok, they definately shouldnt have kicked you...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    A good RL friend of mine has smite healed me (a tank) through at least a few dozen Heroics post patch, some in his level 60 RP gear for S'n'Gs, and no one said a word against him.
    I don't know who this Priest is, this Priest that heals heroics in [Wicked Witch's Hat], [Mantle of Prophecy], [Scarlet Sin'dorei Robes] and [Benediction] etc, but he sounds like a hero. A man to look up to.

For the OP, I've heard of Priests being kicked for being "PVP SPEC". Then again, maybe you missed out some info.

I was smite spamming in stances before it healed.... even beat some dps doing it. I can't imagine people being dumb enough to complain about getting the run done faster.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Oh please, if everything was fine they wouldn't have kicked you. I'm guessing there is more to the story, most likely crappy heals.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do they care how you're healing? If nobody dies, you're doing your job better than most and they're plain stupid for kicking you.

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 01:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    Yeah, and If I get asked one more time for BOK on my pally or MotW on my druid when another druid or pally in a raid is providing it I'm going to lose it.

Idiot dps: I'm missing Bok.
    Me: You have MotW, they are the same buff now.
    Idiot dps: I still have not got BoK.
    Me: They are the same buff, BoK will just overwrite MotW.
    Idiot dps: FFS BOK ME £"£"£"£$£$$&£$!
    Me: Fine, whatever. <casts BoK>
    Idiot dps: FFS NOW I'M MISSING MotW
    Pug Raid leader: Look, just buff everyone with bok and motw and we can go, how hard is it to sort buffs?
    Me: <leaves>
    lol I used to get raged at for not dropping Strength of Earth totem when there was a DK in the group using Horn of Winter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Or maybe they should learn to interrupt.
    Shackle is an interrupt, to be honest.

We'll just ignore the flawed statement above that text. Attention seeking is even a medical condition these days, y'know?

Even before atonement, I'd smite / nova the hell out of random heroics. I've never been kicked for it, but I had groups kick deadweight DPSers who were getting beat in the meters by the disc priest in average healing gear

Don't worry though, stupid people votekick for stupid reasons; add the idiots to your ignore list and move on to a better group.

10+ Year Old Account
    they are stuipd elitists leave it at that and they were prob keyboard turning and clicking their way to their 5k GS 2k DPS *GASP*
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    You actually get a raidspot as a clicker dps

sigh.

Cool OP Priest FTW

Sure they may be gimmick fights, but nothing entertains me more than topping the DPS meters WHILE as the healer role.

i(dot)imgur(dot)com(slash)yFL7I(dot)jpg RETARDED FILTER IS RETARDED

Holy Nova was designed to be both damage and healing.

So is Penance!

So Smite Healing is no different.

It's probably the easiest self-buff ever. I wrote a macro that does "castsquence (at)targettarget Smite then Archangel" RETARDED FILTER IS RETARDED so I don't even have to change my focus from the tank to cast it. Press button twice then every 30 seconds or so and enjoy my extra mana and speed boost. I'd frankly want to kick a healer that DIDNT want to use those godly, godly wings.

Also, seriously? I signed up months ago and still can't post an image? Give me a break. Way to keep people from contributing.

Forum Admin: You need to learn how to parse the "at" symbol to tell the difference between an email address (word)(at)(word)(dot)(word) and a macro which now can use the MUCH shorter (at)target instead of target=blah.
    Last edited by Adrim; 2010-10-15 at 10:02 PM.

Given that Discipline is again the "omg pvp spec, wtb real healer" all responses from this point would just be repeats of what is already here.

People are idiots, and will continue to be so, that's all there is to it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~