Ice Trap Graphic

Is anyone else finding it difficult to see the new Ice Trap animation on lighter textures? I'm finding it pretty difficult to actually tell what area it's covering. Is it just me? I'm partially-sighted, hence the name, so it could be. Definitely prefer the way Frost Trap looked.

Deleted
    I've been experiencing that with several ground effects. Some do work, some don't. I guess its a bug or they changed those textures.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not. I can see a smoke-like effect but there's no ground effect anymore.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Textures seem to be bugging, it's not just Ice Trap. I thought the new Ice Trap looked nice, but it would also be nice to see the actual area of effect. Projected Textures are turned on for me, and my graphics are at a reasonably high setting. Sometimes I see them, sometimes I don't. Going to call it a bug that "will be fixed Soon (C)".

Thanks bud, that's good to know. Find it hard enough to see some things as it is, so I was praying this wasn't an intended change.

Cheers.

A lot of ice slick textures are bugging. On Rimefang before Sindragosa, his little ice bomb slicks didn't show up either.

in rs couldnt see the void zones either

Agreed, same with consecration.

Death and Decay too. I can see the green cloud thing, but not the giant rune circle. Went to Ulduar for a test raid earlier this week, could see much of anything - the shadow crash zones on Vezzax were invisible, the ice things on Hodir were really hard to see, etc.

They made all projected textures project right bellow the ground so you cant see them but can see their little clouds.

It's a bug related to an option. Go to Interface->Display and disable Emphasize my own Spell Effects. That should fix it.

Yeh it's with many AoE things, was wondering why my health was going down fast in H UP cause I wasn't on the ice path the drake puts down, except I was but couldn't see it.

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 03:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    It's a bug related to an option. Go to Interface->Display and disable Emphasize my own Spell Effects. That should fix it.
    Oh I'll test this out ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion, but that didn't change anything for me.

Yes it seems a bit harder to see , i tried to adjust my video but that wasnt it.

Yeah, projected textures is bugged. Sometimes they appear, sometimes they barely do so, it's pretty much random from what I've seen