Thread: Archeology gear

Archeology gear

I've looked but I can't find a consolidated list of level 85 archeology gear. Can anyone help me out?
    Last edited by undethknight; 2010-10-15 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    What do you mean by gear?

http://cata.wowhead.com/skill=794#crafted-items:0-3+1 all archeology items

Btw can anybody explain about keystones, i didnt quite hear about them in cataclysm beta videos
    Last edited by Siron; 2010-10-15 at 08:02 PM.

I mean level 85 gear that would help us get ready for heroics. Thanks for the link Siron

Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    Thank you.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

this is whats in the game now i think ? good thing blizzard has stated in blue that they INTEND to add more fun stuff with patches.

Quote Originally Posted by mikabob View Post
    this is whats in the game now i think ? good thing blizzard has stated in blue that they INTEND to add more fun stuff with patches.
    Yes i hope so 2! Currently the lowers lvl gear is lvl60 while you can lvl archeology from lvl5 so there should be more low lvl gear

Deleted
    Archaeology gear is not meant to gear you up. It's just stuff to do if you want to know more about the lore. What gear you get from it can be used, but it's not super good...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Archaeology gear is not meant to gear you up. It's just stuff to do if you want to know more about the lore. What gear you get from it can be used, but it's not super good...
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=64377 Looks good to me.

http://cata.wowhead.com/skill=794#crafted-items:0-3+1 all archeology items

Btw can anybody explain about keystones, i didnt quite hear about them in cataclysm beta videos
    Keystones have 2 important uses. As you can see on WoWhead, they're required for creating certain items. That's the first use. The second use is that you can place them in current archaeology projects pertaining to that particular race's keystone and add something like 10 free points to the project to finish it faster. You can only use one keystone per project in that manner, and each keystone HAS to be from that race of the project that you want to finish.

As to where you get them, they're random RNG drops from artifacts that you pull up from digsites. I seemed to be getting them at a rate of 1 every other digsite or so, sometimes 1 every 3 digsites.

You follow that? Probably not the worlds best explanation of it, but still. I can try to elaborate more on it if you need me to. Or if anyone else has a better explanation, have at it. I haven't been on the beta in a couple of weeks, so.

Quote Originally Posted by aei101 View Post
    Keystones have 2 important uses. As you can see on WoWhead, they're required for creating certain items. That's the first use. The second use is that you can place them in current archaeology projects pertaining to that particular race's keystone and add something like 10 free points to the project to finish it faster. You can only use one keystone per project in that manner, and each keystone HAS to be from that race of the project that you want to finish.

As to where you get them, they're random RNG drops from artifacts that you pull up from digsites. I seemed to be getting them at a rate of 1 every other digsite or so, sometimes 1 every 3 digsites.

You follow that? Probably not the worlds best explanation of it, but still. I can try to elaborate more on it if you need me to. Or if anyone else has a better explanation, have at it. I haven't been on the beta in a couple of weeks, so.
    So lets say i have an item that doesnt require a keystone which needs 100 fragments, i collect the 100 fragments and i have to check first by adding some keystones if it will change to a rare item which requires 100 fragments?

So lets say i have an item that doesnt require a keystone which needs 100 fragments, i collect the 100 fragments and i have to check first by adding some keystones if it will change to a rare item which requires 100 fragments?
    No. Short/blunt version is this: It's basically an extra 12 fragments per project. You can only use one keystone per project in this manner, and the keystone will be consumed after use. It doesn't change it to a rare find. It basically just means that if you have 20 fragments of a given race and one keystone of that race, and you need 30 to finish the project, you can add the keystone to that project and finish it right then and there instead of having to go to another digsite and dig up more fragments.

Wow, why couldn't I just say that the first time? That seems so much clearer. Sorry about that, lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keystones are used on artifacts with 35 or more fragments required to solve. Every race but fossils has one. It is possible to get up to 3 in a single node, and 35-44 fragments can use 1 keystone, 45-99 use 2, and anything beyond 100 use 3.