Anyone had this problem?

I went to the bar to get a few beers, when I get back I'm banned for 48 hours, and I can't really tell what ive done that should get me banned, So I check my email and I read this:

"Account Name: ..............
    Character Name: .............
    Realm: ....................
    Arena Team Name:..............

Category of Violation: Inappropriate
    Account Action: 48 Hour Suspension

Greetings,

We are writing to inform you that the name of the arena team you are currently captain of was in violation of our Naming Policy, and has now been temporarily renamed. This change will take effect immediately, but will only become visible after logging off and back on. If you wish to change the name of your arena team from the temporary one which it has been given, please contact a GM, in-game, within 14 days with a suitable replacement name. Please make sure that this name complies with the Naming Policy, which can be found at:

http://en.wow-europe.com/policy/

If you do not submit suggestions for a new name within 14 days, the temporarily assigned name will become permanent. Please include a choice of, at least, 4 names in your order of preference, in case the name you have selected has already been taken by another team."

Wth ? and the email was "wowgmeu@blizzard.com" or something, and then I try to login again and it want me to install some kind of patch, I didnt install it obviously since it was too weird, anyone else experienced this?

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 09:56 PM ----------

Bump
    Obviously Blizzard needs to hire more Pirates to counter the growing Ninja threat.

What did you name your arena team?

I don't have an arena team!
    Obviously Blizzard needs to hire more Pirates to counter the growing Ninja threat.

You do know that patch 4.0.1 was released right?

Obviously I know, thats why it was weird, I try to log in once, it says i'm suspended, I try again, and without even going to character selection start downloading something, I just cancel it from the start.

Download the patch
    throw away that email ITS SCAM

Download a patch, when I already have 4.0.1.. sounds like malware.. Didn't even go through World of Warcraft launcer or atleast to the character selection.. no way

An obvious mistake. Guessing some other waste of flesh named his arena team "knee grows" or "anal" or what not.

Could be an error. My brother in law was banned one night for no reason saying he was using a bot. Which wasn't true. He received a ban for 3 days but it was lifted within 24 hours.

Do I need to do something about it, or just wait it out? Since theres no arena season, why should I have a arena team then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kogerbarnet View Post
    Download a patch, when I already have 4.0.1.. sounds like malware.. Didn't even go through World of Warcraft launcer or atleast to the character selection.. no way
    When did you get the download option? If it is through the launcher you are safe.

As soon as I logged in it it popped, didnt go further than connection.

As soon as I logged in it it popped, didnt go further than connection.
    Well if you are loggin into the game and it is saying you need to download a patch, then it is safe to download it.

I'm still gonna wait.

I'm still gonna wait.
    What email system are you using?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still gonna wait.

You do realize that no one is hacking you and making your WoW.exe install random patches that are actually malware... there have been 3 different patches since 4.0.1 (to my knowledge) that either install with the background downloader, or prompt you to do so when signing in. You're safe to install bro.

The patch I'm prett sure is an actual Blizzard patch, since I have now just been asked to install one. I have been warned for having an abusive/innapropriate Arena Team name but never banned for it. The link it gives looks like a legit Blizzard link too. Although I play on US servers, I can access eu forums and the link to them is http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/ so looks the same.
    Azrax, Level 85 Gnome Rogue
    Kárnivool, Level 85 Human Priest
    <Ka Pai> - New Zealand based 25 man, 3 day raiding guild. We strive to provide an attractive, enjoyable, and constructive raid environment. Currently 4/8 Heroic Dragon Soul.

---- Currently Retired from Early Dragon Soul Progression, will be back for Mists!! ----

lol its just a small patch, any patch ingame or through launcher = safe immo