Thread: DK Leveling

DK Leveling

Hopefully you guys can answer these quick questions while I try to decide what race my new DK is going to be

1) Best spec for leveling - Link to a filled out talent tree please!
    2) What is the rotation for said spec.
    3) Stack STR?

Cheers!

Can't give you a good spec/rotation, being that the patch just came out, but I would recommend gemming for crit as it generally makes more of a difference in leveling than just attack power (STR). Just my opinion though, I'm sure someone else has a better suggestion

10+ Year Old Account
    well Blood tanking is imba for dungeons now.
    but i perfer to dps lvld mine as frost in 4.0.1 from 75 -80 in 2 days. frost has ammazing dps was able to pull 4k single target at lvl 78 so dps wise ull do fine, as unholy i have no idea now tbh. but i noticed i was doing pretty much 40% dps every random : my spec : http://wowtal.com/#k=xGNNruV9x.a6d.deathknight.Lnokt

and when u do get to gems stack strenght. just dinged today so havent really bothered reforing but was able to keep up with most people in icc gear dps wise so i was well surprised and quite glad aswell :P

------------- Kul Tiras EU-------------

Blood tank spec. Even if you don't tank, take it. You can 3 shots mobs.

I'll try out both. Can you give me a blood spec?

Just spec Frost for On a Pale Horse.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's been since the start of LK that I leveled my DK but right now I'd say frost is the best leveling spec; I always valued 20% mountspeed the most when chosing a spec to level because getting there faster = getting more xp.

And frost and unholy are on par with healing now, with frost probably even better because subbing a deathstrike for an obliterate is easier than for scourge strike because of the rune costs and with licborne frost has another nice healing cooldown next to death pact.

With that in mind this is how I would spec if I leveled my DK today: http://wowtal.com/#k=Ccv_2wvK.a6d.deathknight.idsNE with a 2hander in unholy presence.

Edit:
    For blood leveling I'd spec something like this: http://wowtal.com/#k=7CvA5dYai.a6d.deathknight.-byck

Quote Originally Posted by Sepulturos View Post
    well Blood tanking is imba for dungeons now.
    but i perfer to dps lvld mine as frost in 4.0.1 from 75 -80 in 2 days. frost has ammazing dps was able to pull 4k single target at lvl 78 so dps wise ull do fine, as unholy i have no idea now tbh. but i noticed i was doing pretty much 40% dps every random : my spec : http://wowtal.com/#k=xGNNruV9x.a6d.deathknight.Lnokt

and when u do get to gems stack strenght. just dinged today so havent really bothered reforing but was able to keep up with most people in icc gear dps wise so i was well surprised and quite glad aswell :P
    While I concur on the "frost is cool for leveling" part, specing frost for leveling and NOT having lichborne and especially on a pale horse is pretty much blasphemy.
    Last edited by AetherMcLoud; 2010-10-15 at 10:29 PM.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

10+ Year Old Account
    well i like to take my time and usually just go for a max level usuable pvp or pve spec hence this spec i chose. plus after i burst leveld my paladin i cba speed leveling again.

------------- Kul Tiras EU-------------