Thread: Drom Iceblood

Drom Iceblood

Name: Drom Iceblood

Race: Orc

Class: Deathknight

Likes and Dislikes: Hasn't quite figured them all out. (Will work on as character develops)

Strengths: Ice Rune abilities, Increased strength that follows loss of control.

Weaknesses: Blood or Unholy Rune abilities, decreased intelligence following loss of control.

Characteristics: Average enough orc build, typically wearing an assortment of old broken armor and deathknight armor. Skin color varies from a grayish blue to a dull purple to blazing red depending on condition (see history for details).

Personality: Typically calm, completely unemotional, organized, planing, with traditional horde values of honor and strength (while all/most runes active). When he looses control he becomes an over emotional (emotion always rage), stupid, and will kill anything in his way.

History:
    I was a general, and then I died. That is all that I know. I do not know if I was brave or cowardly, or even when I died. I was at least smart enough to become a general, which is probably why I was nominated for that ungodly experiment. My body was unearthed, where the reports did not say, and then my body was sent to Archerus. There the experiment began. They hooked me up to some ungodly machine after carving those icy runes. It is there that I awoke, but for just a moment, to see the horror that surrounded me, there were several necromancers, most of which were furiously scribbling something down, the rest were chanting some dark incantation. After that moment of clarity, my eyes burned red, and I was gone again. I was then shipped somewhere, destination I never figured out, because of that fortuitous event.

I awoke in a dark enclosed area, momentarily confused by my surroundings. I pushed experimentally at the wall directly in front of me. It fell away, revealing that I was lying on my back, but at a sort of haphazard angle. I rose and took in my surroundings. I was surrounded by debris and corpses, while a cold wind whipped around the shattered hull of the aircraft I now found myself in. I decided to look around, having no clue about what was going on. I looked out one of the newly created openings, and saw nothing but snow and mountains. I decided to stick around for a bit longer, having no real desire to trek in the snow for hours for the time being.I searched throughout the crash site, seeing many people clad in strange robes. The memory of my resurrection flooded back to me almost instantaneously after seeing the necromancers. I stood there for what must have been several minutes, expecting some sort of reaction. None came. This puzzled me quite a bit. I should be feeling angry or sad, or maybe even happy, now that all these people who raised me from death are now dead. Nothing.

I decided to search around some more, eventually coming across some documents, the title page emblazoned with the name PROJECT ICEBLOOD. I looked over to my container, seeing the same name written on it. I flipped through, most of which I could not comprehend. Finally I reached some pages I could figure out. My name had apparently been Drom, as that was all that was written on my gravestone. Then I read what they had done to me. While they preformed what they called "a standard Death Knight resurrection", that machine I was hooked up to began to infuse me with demon blood. I could not figure out how they had gotten such a thing, but that hardly mattered now. I looked at myself for some sort of symptom of the blood corruption, the bone spikes or the red skin, and found that I was covered in several ice blue runes. Upon further reading, the runes explained quite a lot about my predicament. The runes were inscribed on my flesh as a way to combat and control the corruption. A unfortunate side effect of this control inhibited my ability to feel anything, as feelings such as hate might have advanced the corruption further. It said that I was an early experiment, and a few angry letters from some commanders clearly stated that if this subject was a failure, the project would be terminated and there would be some "violent firings", whatever that meant. I figured a loss of the primary test subject was grounds enough for that, but I doubted from the number of corpses there would be many people to "fire".

I collected the papers, as well as some other supplies such as a map, took a final look around the site for anything of interest, and took off into the bleak snowy wasteland. I traveled for a couple days, scaling some large and foreboding mountains, and eventually came across a goblin settlement they identified as K3. I consulted my map, and then took a wind rider to Warsong Hold using the meager amount of money I scavenged from the wreck. I sat back, and for the first time since I awoke, I drifted off, keeping just conscious enough to control the beast if something happened.I spent a few weeks up at warsong hold, testing myself and my new abilities, as well as meeting some of what could be called my kind, other deathknights. I figured that I did not have the same necrotic powers as the others, but my icy runic powers well made up for them. I also realized that my strength had been augmented, and I was as strong as the most powerful of warriors. Then I had my first indecent of losing control.

I had been sent to check out a nearby human encampment, and as a proud member of the horde I agreed and left immediately. When I arrived at the camp I saw something that disgusted me. The camp was littered with the corpses of several orcs, all bearing the marks of scouts or trading caravans. I felt that this could simply not go unpunished. There were about seven men in the main camp, and more patrolling the outskirts. I decided to take out a few of the outer guards, being as stealthy as an orc deathknight in full plate could be, so I was only able kill one of the outer guards before the rest spotted me. I fought valiantly, yet I was taking a sound beating. While this was happening, I realized later that my runes had been slowly dimming, one by one, and my skin had been turning purple. At the time I had only realized that I had been getting stronger, dumber, and for the first time I could remember, angry. Angry for all the orcish lives lost, angry at these humans attacking me, angry for being raised from that dead and being injected with this curse! I awoke later, with a sense of deja vu, in a snowy field. I walked through the snow for a while, eventually realizing that I had ended up in Dragonblight. My skin was a sickly purple color, and only about half my runes left glowing. When I reached the horde fortress of Agmar's Hammer, I uncovered some shocking news from the local guards. It appeared that some blood crazed orc had been running amok throughout the area, killing any "Alliance scum" he came across. It was said that this orc had super strength, having crushed a draeni to death with his own elekk. I figured out that the loss of my runes had unleashed my corruption, increasing my strength to monstrous levels, but having turned into a mindless beast. After that I had taken a week to recover, then left for Ogrimmar.

It was now several weeks later, and I was in Ogrimmar, contemplating my future. All around me were numerous calls of adventure. I just had to determine which one was for me.

Powers: Drom's powers vary depending on his status. His runes control the corruption, and as he is damaged the runes fade, along with his skin turning more red. When all his runes are active he his fairly intelligent, and a fairly able fighter. As the runes degrade, he looses control and his intelligence, while gaining strength. When all his runes fade he becomes a monstrous brute, not stopping for anything, killing anything he sees as a threat.

((Look who's back! I do realize that this combo might not even be possible, but I could not find anything that outright refutes this idea. I feel as though I might have not clarified some things, so comment if I accidentally left something out and I'll work on it. I put more solid thought into this character, so I hope he works out. Good to be back, hopefully for a while this time.))
    Last edited by Moonkin; 2010-10-18 at 02:58 AM.