15+ Year Old Account

Enhancement PVP question.

I'm wondering if any PVP specs have come out yet. I've tried a few different things, and I think I feel most comfortable with: http://wowtal.com/#k=-w8nT0AA.a6d.shaman. I put my three extra points in the elemental talent Concussion.

I'm trying to work with my gear. I re-enchanted all attack power enchants to Agility and replaced all my haste. I'm just not sure about Mastery right now in PVP... I tried loading up on mastery on my pvp set, and I reforged some crit on every piece of equipment to mastery to get me up to 42% increased elemental damage. I found that I was only hitting for a negligible amount. I spammed lightning bolt on a random horde in a bg and came up with about 1850 on a normal spell cast. Crits were no higher than 4k at any time that bg. I then removed most of the mastery and went back to more crit. I'm just not sure where to go with that. I settled in on +6 mastery putting me at 35% elemental damage and a critical strike chance (melee) of 44.52% unbuffed.

Just any general tips or findings appreciated.
    Last edited by aetti morkna; 2010-10-16 at 02:12 AM. Reason: added spec change

First off, I am using thsi as a spec: http://wowtal.com/#k=-buALkK.a6d.shaman.S

To make it work, you MUST have the major glyph 'Lightning Shield'. This makes it so your lightning shield will only drop off if dispelled.

I reforged all crit into mastery on my pvp spec.

I've been playing fairly defensively, using all MW procs on healing (that spec will give you a massive boost to your heals). Pretty much let melee come to you, and let your constant (and pretty hard hitting) lightning shield pound on them while you use your SS and LL to really put more 'umph' on the target. Searing totem, while not the best thing ever, has been very useful and works decently well in BGs. Just make sure you hit your target with a SS as soon as you can to get searing on it. Don't count on white hits to do much more then give you MW stacks (the new 4set bonus for our pvp gear is sick, by the way). I'll add more on later if I can think of any more ideas for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man, I'm gonna give that spec a shot. Basically 50/50 shot to deal 1000 damage... That works into Enhancement's benefit -- lots of small numbers at once equal to a burst.

I'm liking the 4.0 changes. I really am. I pvp'd enh in bgs a lot before, and I feel I can stay alive a LOT more. Normalization of health plus healing surge being as potent for me as it was in my resto set before 4.0 and all the defensive cooldowns... plus I'm loving 2 minute wolves for survivability.

EDIT: playing defensively really plays into enh' strengths too... Its hard to get killing blows due to lack of on-demand burst, so being a really nice utility works well
    Last edited by aetti morkna; 2010-10-16 at 03:08 AM.

Relying on Lightning SHield will really put you at an advantage if you ever use a shield equip macro (for when you know a rogue is gonna open on you, or a bladestorming warrior). If you look at recount, you'll see LS is hitting for a really good amount, too!