Which new enchant for a two hander

I'm thinking landslide if we can reach the haste soft cap, & if not maybe hurricane? whats your thoughts? Also since I'm here & asking anyways, I'm an Engineer & used to tinker my gloves for the haste increase, but now I'm thinking the lightning one will be better because I will be working to reach the haste soft cap through geming, & enchanting. Can someone tell me if we can in fact reach the haste soft cap at level 85?

If it is possible to reach the soft cap at 85 would any additional haste be useless? or would it still be something to tinker, or put on the two hander?. On the gloves it was always nice to have to get your stacks up faster on bosses, any information is greatly appreciated.

yes, I agree. landslide or hurricane. I guess w'll have to wait and see how useful 450 haste is compared to 1000 attack power. haste now gives resource recovery, so this may be important if you're starved for rage. I'm assuming warrior, I think they would benefit more from 1000 AP than other classes... I guess we'll have to wait until the numbers are finalized and balanced to see what we need. there will be tweaks in beta until cata ships and then some in the next couple patches. AP has always been best for warriors and most 2 handed dps... but we'll just have to see how useful haste is in resource recovery

Quote Originally Posted by ungar View Post
    yes, I agree. landslide or hurricane. I guess w'll have to wait and see how useful 450 haste is compared to 1000 attack power. haste now gives resource recovery, so this may be important if you're starved for rage. I'm assuming warrior, I think they would benefit more from 1000 AP than other classes... I guess we'll have to wait until the numbers are finalized and balanced to see what we need. there will be tweaks in beta until cata ships and then some in the next couple patches. AP has always been best for warriors and most 2 handed dps... but we'll just have to see how useful haste is in resource recovery
    what a warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    what a warrior?
    I assume Paladin, since this is on the paladin forum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1 View Post
    Well he was talking about warrior. That was the point. The thread was supposed to be about paladins, I think. Don't know about ret enchant, but finally we get a clear tanking enchant that isn't just "meh".

been looking at the gear they've datamined from the beta (all the heroic loot on the front page) and in a very near bis setup and a hurricane proc only lowers CS's cd from 3.33 to 3.23 with all raid buffs (ie judgements and spell haste). so landslide will most likely win out even if you arent at a 3.0 second cd since over a 5 minute fight (300 seconds) IF and only if hurricane were to be up 100% (which it wont be) you would only gain 2-3 more cs's in that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1 View Post
    doh...just clicked from main page yeah, for paladin... hehe

No hard theory crafting behind this, but right now I am saying the 1000 AP over the haste enchant. Assuming cata is similar to wrath, we will be bogged down with haste on gear, because of diminishing returns haste gets less valuable, while AP is always good. Haven't really taken the time to look at all the datamined gear, but assuming we can get decent haste from gear, AP would be a better enchant.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely, the AP enchant will win out numerically, but some might find the Haste "works better".

In general, AP has always won out because of how static it is.

Cool I was thinking that ap would be better, & yea it was for a pally. Second half of the question. Once you have hit the 3.0 second CS with haste is any extra haste useless?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not useless by a long shot. Just not worth as much as it is pre-"soft cap".

If it was something like 600 haste, I'd be very much on the fence, but at 1000 AP to 450 haste, I'd put good money on Landslide winning through any day.

Kinda sucks, cos the Hurricane enchant looks sexy and the Landslide one looks bleugh, way too OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    If it was something like 600 haste, I'd be very much on the fence, but at 1000 AP to 450 haste, I'd put good money on Landslide winning through any day.

Kinda sucks, cos the Hurricane enchant looks sexy and the Landslide one looks bleugh, way too OTT.
    agreed on the look and hey, you could always model edit

"Berserking" on steroids (and no armor penalty)? Yes please! Pretty straightforward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if this will change anything (or if people know), but before we were able to get landslide, hurricane was the only other thing to get. I do recall that hurricane was nearly 100% up time with no ICD, when I had it on my weapon. It kept refreshing over and over. So this would be hurricane 450 haste high uptime vs landslide 1000 ap with ICD (probably 45 sec)

Quote Originally Posted by Soundeffects View Post
    Don't know if this will change anything (or if people know), but before we were able to get landslide, hurricane was the only other thing to get. I do recall that hurricane was nearly 100% up time with no ICD, when I had it on my weapon. It kept refreshing over and over. So this would be hurricane 450 haste high uptime vs landslide 1000 ap with ICD (probably 45 sec)
    That would definitely change some things if Hurricane has a much higher uptime, sounds like a bug to me but if not I would imagine Hurri would win for sexiness & lasting appeal lol. Can anyone confirm if either will have an internal Icd.

elemental slayer for its pretty glow
    Im a wawiur
    http://stompingnerds.blogspot.com/ ill blog about what you want
    wish my post count was as high as yours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onemind View Post
    That would definitely change some things if Hurricane has a much higher uptime, sounds like a bug to me but if not I would imagine Hurri would win for sexiness & lasting appeal lol. Can anyone confirm if either will have an internal Icd.
    I just logged on beta and Hurricane kept refreshing, still...

Quote Originally Posted by Soundeffects View Post
    Berserking (wrat equiv) has no icd as I've proc'd it while it was up and I would assume the same for this (if there is an ICD I don't know not on beta). also like I said earlier, even with 100% up time on Hurricane, its only an additional 2-3 CS's per 300 second fight.