Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Shockadins, the return

I was wondering if PvP Shockadins would return. But then, something happened. I took a look at our Holy tree, and realised something. We have indeed returned with this style, but it should come with a diferent name: Exordins! Blizzard gave us some love again, but I believe this won't last long. For those of you still not following I'll leave you with this:

Talents
    The best one: Denounce 2/2 - Reduces the mana cost of Exorcism by 75%. In addition, you have a 50% chance when casting Holy Shock to make your next Exorcism spell instant and cost no mana.
    The second best: Blazing Light 2/2 - Increases the damage of your Holy Shock and Exorcism by 20%.
    Wait, more damage?: Conviction 3/3 - Gives you a 3% bonus to damage and healing for 15 sec after causing a critical effect from a weapon swing, spell or ability. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
    Oh, right, more damage: Crusade 3/3 - Increases the damage of your (...) and the damage and healing of your Holy Shock by 30%.
    Say, who needs hit rate: Enlightened Judgements 2/2 - Grants hit rating equal to 100% of any spirit gained from items or effects, (...)
    Well, more crit can't hurt: Infusion of Light 2/2 - Increases the critical effect chance of your Holy Shock by 10%. (...)

Glyphs
    More crit? C'mon I don't want it: Glyph of Holy Shock - Increases the critical effect chance of Holy Shock by 5%.
    Oh, a DoT addition to Exorcism: Glyph of Exorcism - Your Exorcism causes an additional 20% of it's damage over 6 sec.

Gear
    Haste: I have 866 haste. That is 26,41% haste.
    Crit Chance: Self-buffed with Kings, I have 39% Crit chance. That is 54% for Holy Shock and 39% for Exorcism.
    Hit Rate: Due to talents I am at 16,24%.
    Spell Power: I have currently 3662 Spell Power.
    Mana Pool: Self buffed, 42,364.

Tips
    1. Use Judgement to get 9% more haste and get a 1,08 cast time for Exorcism.
    2. Spam Holy Shock everytime it's off Cooldown as it might proc the Instant no mana cost Exorcism.
    3. Exorcism costs 392 Mana at L80 and Holy Shock costs 351 Mana.
    4. Always have your Conviction at 3 stacks, to increase your damage and healing by 9%.
    5. Remember you can heal yourself with Word of Glory since you'll be using Holy Shock everytime you can.
    6. You have Cooldowns. Use them. Avenging Wrath, Trinkets, Divine Favor, they're all your friends.
    7. The optimal Talent Spec and Glyph choice for this: WoWTal. Wowhead.

Conclusion
    Exorcism normal hits: Image
    Exorcism/Holy Shock at 6k DPS easily: Image
    WSG Fun as Shockadin: Image
    (will update with more screenshots soon)

Discuss
    My opinion: it's not the ultimate spec, but it is surely one very overpowered one, seen you can heal yourself so fast with Word of Glory, FoL, Holy Shock, anything.
    Last edited by Tedj; 2010-10-17 at 01:24 PM.
    World PvP and how it stands/standed.
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedj View Post
    I was wondering if PvP Shockadins would return. But then, something happened. I took a look at our Holy tree, and realised something. We have indeed returned with this style, but it should come with a diferent name: Exordins! Blizzard gave us some love again, but I believe this won't last long. For those of you still not following I'll leave you with this:

Talents
    The best one: Denounce 2/2 - Reduces the mana cost of Exorcism by 75%. In addition, you have a 50% chance when casting Holy Shock to make your next Exorcism spell instant and cost no mana.
    The second best: Blazing Light 2/2 - Increases the damage of your Holy Shock and Exorcism by 20%.
    Wait, more damage?: Conviction 3/3 - Gives you a 3% bonus to damage and healing for 15 sec after causing a critical effect from a weapon swing, spell or ability. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
    Oh, right, more damage: Crusade 3/3 - Increases the damage of your (...) and the damage and healing of your Holy Shock by 30%.
    Say, who needs hit rate: Enlightened Judgements 2/2 - Grants hit rating equal to 100% of any spirit gained from items or effects, (...)
    Well, more crit can't hurt: Infusion of Light 2/2 - Increases the critical effect chance of your Holy Shock by 10%. (...)

Glyphs
    More crit? C'mon I don't want it: Glyph of Holy Shock - Increases the critical effect chance of Holy Shock by 5%.
    Oh, a DoT addition to Exorcism: Glyph of Exorcism - Your Exorcism causes an additional 20% of it's damage over 6 sec.

Gear
    Haste: I have 866 haste. That is 26,41% haste.
    Crit Chance: Self-buffed with Kings, I have 39% Crit chance. That is 54% for Holy Shock and 39% for Exorcism.
    Hit Rate: Due to talents I am at 16,24%.
    Spell Power: I have currently 3662 Spell Power.
    Mana Pool: Self buffed, 42,364.

Tips
    1. Use Judgement to get 9% more haste and get a 1,08 cast time for Exorcism.
    2. Spam Holy Shock everytime it's off Cooldown as it might proc the Instant no mana cost Exorcism.
    3. Exorcism costs 392 Mana at L80 and Holy Shock costs 351 Mana.
    4. Always have your Conviction at 3 stacks, to increase your damage and healing by 9%.
    5. Remember you can heal yourself with Word of Glory since you'll be using Holy Shock everytime you can.
    6. You have Cooldowns. Use them. Avenging Wrath, Trinkets, Divine Favor, they're all your friends.
    7. The optimal Talent Spec and Glyph choice for this: Click Here.

Conclusion

Discuss
    My opinion: it's not the ultimate spec, but it is surely one very overpowered one, seen you can heal yourself so fast with Word of Glory, FoL, Holy Shock, anything.
    I can see it being used in Rated BGs where there are more people but not in competitive Arena.

However if it gave us hope of seeing Grievous "The 12 second" Christ and Zorgat the Messiah 2v2 Shockadin Arena Movies again I would gladly accept it.
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-10-16 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

i love you. you have just inspired me to abandon my 71 priest and make a paladin.

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Conclusion

1 6k crit doesn't mean 6k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    /facedesk

Go play in the road please? :/

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    @vizzle: Right, bottom right on the screenshot, there's a small "Recount" addon there, saying 6k DPS.
    And also, check the first print, 6,7k crit is nothing, my Holy Shock critted 10k on a player already with buffs up.

@Syntahxx: Couldn't agree more with what you say. I'd just love to keep it this way, instead of nerfing it as it will most likely be, because this gives us the choice to sacrifice some healing talents and 'ways' to get more offensive as a Holy Paladin. Come on, disc priests, shamans, druids, they all could DPS if they wanted to. Now we have a new base DPS ability for Holy: Exorcism, same as Druids have Wrath, Shamans have lightning bolt and Priests with Smite! I find this amazing!

@DerpDerpHAMMA: Ahah mate, hope you enjoy it.

@Requital: Obviously not as offensive as this, but I can clearly see this spec being VERY viable in either 2s and 3s. Because it basicly is a PvP spec and those two exorcism talents are obviously PvP. Hopefully, this will be an even better Rated BG's spec then I'm thinking. Because right know, I just love to do some damage, a lot actually, and still heal in the BG's I'm doing. Edit: Fucking good old Shockadin times!
    Last edited by Tedj; 2010-10-16 at 03:29 AM.
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!

that was a dps meter not damage done.....

As fun as this looks will it be viable at 85?

Well, I'm not sure, not me or anyone else still, I believe. But seing as how it goes it seems it might be as the talents that are used are mostly Proc's and Crit/Haste/Damage percentage increases. So unless Exorcism scales REAAAALLY low 'till 85, the output won't change much

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm not sure, not me or anyone else still, I believe. But seing as how it goes it seems it might be as the talents that are used are mostly Proc's and Crit/Haste/Damage percentage increases. So unless Exorcism scales REAAAALLY low 'till 85, the output won't change much
    The build is more like what Ret is/was for wotlk, Longevity and you wear your opponents out instead of just gibbing them but having the needed tools to heal and survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    The build is more like what Ret is/was for wotlk, Longevity and you wear your opponents out instead of just gibbing them but having the needed tools to heal and survive.
    thumbs up for this. I'm posting more screenies and a vid soon. LOL so far my best was a 8k Exo crit + 10k HS crit combo

I've always been an aggressive holy paladin, might try to play the old-school style shockadin again, but even if I don't spec for it, don't expect me to run away and find a warrior to take you out; I'll effin' kill you myself.

Ditto, I've always played holy very aggressively before 4.0 simply because our heals were so fucking potent that you barely even needed to heal unless it was against a bladestorm or shadow priest. If something like this is good at 85, I'll probably be playing it. I just hope nobody tries to raid like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I just hope nobody tries to raid like this.
    And why not? The new design is all about choice and utility. Shockadin is an interesting choice, and certainly has MORE than enough utility through healing.
    If the numbers are decent, let them play.
    Hell, even if they arent... its still a game. Do what you find most fun.

Personally, if we get any Undead/Demon bosses in Cata Im sure this spec will blow any other spec of equal gear out of the water. I like Holy Pally healing and play because I enjoy it, I'd also like a viable offspec that isnt Melee as I prefer ranged... this does that exactly without me having to gear up two toons.

Thumbs up from me

can you link the spec on wowhead ? wowtal links never works :/

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I already saw this happening the very moment Exorcism lost it's cooldown.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    i think i may dust off my pally just to turn him into a shockadin.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

i tryed holy as dps in a random, did HoR, was doing about 4-6k dps, and when i used my cooldowns even more. i did not have the glyph of exorsism, so dunnmo how much dmg i lost there. was quite fun to see the reactions of the rest of the grp when i was dpsing as holy! and ofc, i could still help with healing, wich was good since our healer d/c'd. Bit lame that u cant pick up the dps talents if ur healing tough....

Played some BGs last night with 2 friends using this spec. They wouldn't stop raving about it. It was hilarious seeing them chase down flag runners Christ + Zorgat style and PEWPEWPEW in a golden flash they'd have the flag back. Not to mention with holy flashlights going off and all the free WoGs from blessed life, they kept our team up NP.

Def a viable spec.

I bookmarked this page. Great stuff man, currently re-specing and glyphing. Cant wait to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Naethigan View Post
    And why not? The new design is all about choice and utility. Shockadin is an interesting choice, and certainly has MORE than enough utility through healing.
    If the numbers are decent, let them play.
    Hell, even if they arent... its still a game. Do what you find most fun.

Personally, if we get any Undead/Demon bosses in Cata Im sure this spec will blow any other spec of equal gear out of the water. I like Holy Pally healing and play because I enjoy it, I'd also like a viable offspec that isnt Melee as I prefer ranged... this does that exactly without me having to gear up two toons.

Thumbs up from me
    Rofl, they can do w/e the hell they want. Not getting in any good raid group though. So playing the spec you like for fun will probably result in less fun.