15+ Year Old Account

Front Page Warrior Changes: Arms

Just like to get it out there i did some tests on live servers and the Opportunity Strikes buff is implemented and so is Rend, but blade storm still doesnt seem to hit for 150% weapon dmg, it either hits for 100% or a little less, still not rly worth useing over other abilities unless aoeing.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are these changes implemented on live servers?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah bladestorm is just meant for aoe, thats about it the mastery buff is amazing. LOVE IT! Is arms doing more then fury now?

Mortal Strike is definitely hitting harder now post-hotfix. Granted I'm only level 41 But it's hitting 50-60% harder. I'm already critting for 1.5k!

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 04:55 AM ----------

Once we hit 85, there's a good chance their gonna take about half of the buff we received recently away, as we get better weapons, more mastery rating on gear, more abilities ( especially Colossus Smash), etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    your right mortal strike heroic strike and over power are hitting harder also but they are not listed on front page

Deleted
    These changes are not accurate for live servers. There are enough logs to verify. Afaik tell they just buffed Wars on 85 because they were pretty behind. I stucked on 11k DPS on the new raid boss when mage was at 16k and boomkin at 20k dps. This was before the buff on Beta and I'm sure I was at least at 85% DPS potential, maybe even more.

Edit: I was speaking for EU servers tho. It would be strange to see all those improvements on live because our actual DPS should be way too high then. I think those are balance issues of level 85s, not 80s.
    Last edited by mmoc697f52d82e; 2010-10-16 at 07:23 AM.

Apparently were growing stronger day by day but these Arms changes are just so
    situational, I mean yeah we can punch a steady 11k dps but no way you can compair
    that to the ridiculous burst we can deliver in two globals when it comes to pvp.

Arms still lacks benefiting from heroism/bloodlust which is why its would pretty
    much always loose to a fury warrior and pretty much anyone else in general. Perhaps
    haste should lower the cooldown of MS?

What comes to our current Arms rotation: Rend => MS => MS => OP => MS => OP and just fill
    in the with Heroic strike while you can. Depending on how many heroic strikes you can fit
    in will define if your doing good dps or bad dps, and this I kind of have a problem with.

Heroic strikes cost is still really high and it will ragestarve you so ridiculously fast
    with the new rage mechanic, so a new heroic strike glyph method or perhaps increasing the
    ragepool of Arms warriors should be in place?

Oh, almost forgot. Like the people above, I cant seem to find a decent situation where to
    pull bladestorm. Its never been a good single target dps ability, but the fact of it is that you
    will automatically do damage for 4-5s forward and afterwards be able to start with a full pool
    of rage. Since MS/OP/HS costs shitloads of rage, I just cant get 25 additional rage at a
    time where OP has 4s till the next proc and MS buff would be up.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2010-10-16 at 07:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disruptor View Post
    These changes are not accurate for live servers. There are enough logs to verify. Afaik tell they just buffed Wars on 85 because they were pretty behind. I stucked on 11k DPS on the new raid boss when mage was at 16k and boomkin at 20k dps. This was before the buff on Beta and I'm sure I was at least at 85% DPS potential, maybe even more.

Edit: I was speaking for EU servers tho. It would be strange to see all those improvements on live because our actual DPS should be way too high then. I think those are balance issues of level 85s, not 80s.
    The 115% weapon damage on Opp Strikes and possibly rend increased damage is on live servers tested it my self, mines an oceanic/us server
    bladestorm how ever is not at 150% weapon damage

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    The 115% weapon damage on Opp Strikes and possibly rend increased damage is on live servers tested it my self, mines an oceanic/us server
    bladestorm how ever is not at 150% weapon damage
    Do you just THINK those changes are implemented, due to harder hits on test dummies, or do the actual tooltips say the new amounts? I know some of the attacks don't say an amount, but the arms mastery does.

yeah, Bladestorm - its lolstorm. nobody doesn't scaring this "damage" ability.
    I think, even in Cata it will hit like 3000 crits =))

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimirik View Post
    Do you just THINK those changes are implemented, due to harder hits on test dummies, or do the actual tooltips say the new amounts? I know some of the attacks don't say an amount, but the arms mastery does.
    The tooltips are not updated, but stealth changes often do not change the tooltip, and if opportunity strikes it for 75% weapon dmg, idk why they would be hitting 15% harder then my auto attacks

Awesome, wasn't too sure due to the tooltips, and didn't want to respec arms, but I think I might have to give it another try now, reforging my massive amount of extra haste and hit to mastery.

After like 3 hours of counting and testing, I seem to be able to full like a thousand more DPS
    on a heroic dummy than yesterday (around 9,6k over the time of ~8min), but it still killed me after
    testing the same rotations on the level 60 dummies because my dps instantly glows to like 15-16k when
    the dummies armor is significantly lower.. damn colossus smash lvl81

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Apparently were growing stronger day by day but these Arms changes are just so
    situational, I mean yeah we can punch a steady 11k dps but no way you can compair
    that to the ridiculous burst we can deliver in two globals when it comes to pvp.

Arms still lacks benefiting from heroism/bloodlust which is why its would pretty
    much always loose to a fury warrior and pretty much anyone else in general. Perhaps
    haste should lower the cooldown of MS?

What comes to our current Arms rotation: Rend => MS => MS => OP => MS => OP and just fill
    in the with Heroic strike while you can. Depending on how many heroic strikes you can fit
    in will define if your doing good dps or bad dps, and this I kind of have a problem with.

Heroic strikes cost is still really high and it will ragestarve you so ridiculously fast
    with the new rage mechanic, so a new heroic strike glyph method or perhaps increasing the
    ragepool of Arms warriors should be in place?

Oh, almost forgot. Like the people above, I cant seem to find a decent situation where to
    pull bladestorm. Its never been a good single target dps ability, but the fact of it is that you
    will automatically do damage for 4-5s forward and afterwards be able to start with a full pool
    of rage. Since MS/OP/HS costs shitloads of rage, I just cant get 25 additional rage at a
    time where OP has 4s till the next proc and MS buff would be up.
    I already did some major testing along with 2 other warriors in my guild and we all agreed that either mastery proc swing has to generate rage as well or Slam needs a buff in damage to make it useful in rotation while keeping HS at a rage-dump status. Right now I saw Slam crit for over 10k maybe twice (talented and glyphed) while there wasn't a single HS crit that went below 10k. Since Arms needs a lot of mastery and crit, the obvious choice is to drop some haste but that hurts our rage generation a lot. Don't really know how does it look in raid environment with buffs and incoming damage but at least on heroic dummy, my Fury outpaces my Arms by ~1.5k dps (after 10 milion damage mark) and it's pretty much only because lack of rage for Arms.

I hope that Blizzard does implement something to improve rage generation for Arms because fitting CS will be ever more painful.

credits: Supernerd