Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly at the moment I couldnt really care about ICC anymore but thats because ive done everything (except Light of Dawn). I do it now as a way to pass the time. Our guild is pretty much on hiatus till Cata due to burnout so if I see a pug going or if one of my friends guilds want a tank or something ill run for something to do, but dont go out of my way to look for ICC groups.

What was annoying was 2 months ago, when a date was a fair way off, people on my server were saying "Who cares Cata is comming in 4 months", more specifically people in our guild were saying that as we were wiping on Sindy or couldnt get enough people who wants to get progress in on LK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seregon View Post
    after having done icc for almost a year i think i should be entitled to say "i'm sick of that place".
    qft

Dumb question wrong forum ect but how much dps do I have to do to clear icc? I do 6.5-7k ish

Drakes.
    Shadowmourne for guild/personal achievement
    Vanity items from Shadowmourne.

You might actually enjoy raiding stuff with people?
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    Dumb question wrong forum ect but how much dps do I have to do to clear icc? I do 6.5-7k ish
    1: Did you just post this on whatever was on the most recent threads list?
    2: Get out of the fire. dps isn't quite as important as surviving.
    3: Different fights require different amounts of damage output.
    4: Lol 7k dps

If you enjoy raiding with ur group it should still be worth going, since it's better than doing nothing.

Deleted
    We are still doing ICC10 once a week, but we are mainly just going through old instances for shits, giggles and to play together. We been 5manning Naxx 10 for a few weeks now because the gold return isn't that bad for 2hours cocking about.

I said F THAT to 25mans, because I don't care for them anyway, and am just gonna raid 10s with my guild til Cata.
    /shrug

Gear DOESN'T matter right now, but raiding is one of the things I find fun about the game, so I will continue to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    People may not want to raid ICC at the moment because the buginess of patch 4.0.1 makes it not very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    You might actually enjoy raiding stuff with people?

I'm sure most of us enjoy raiding with guilds and mates... Just not the same thing 52 weeks in a row.

Edit:

Doing the same raid so many times does grow old you can't doubt that, just because we are doing it with someone we enjoy hanging out with doesn't mean were automatically going to enjoy it, that's like saying you would enjoy going to a theme park every week for 52 weeks straight as long as your mates came with you. Also you might say there is other stuff to raid.. But is there really? All the old content is just that.. OLD, we've all done it 100 times already and now it's boring.
    Last edited by Lynix; 2010-10-18 at 07:22 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

As much as this expansion bores the living jebeezus out of me. I must say that I still like the look of the gear from ICC Heroic and will keep doing it with my guild until cata (or until they're just flat out tired of running it). There is still a few more pieces I want to get for the look I'm going for so until the time that I have every piece I want or until the guild just stops running it. I will continue to go.

I just love the way it looks on goblins and I'm race changing as soon as I can and plan on running around in my old gear for kicks like all the damn time. Heh, I know I'm weird.

If you only knew how much ICC bores the crap out of me at this point though.... Just trying to be as patient as possible though... I want Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludovician View Post
    1: Did you just post this on whatever was on the most recent threads list?
    2: Get out of the fire. dps isn't quite as important as surviving.
    3: Different fights require different amounts of damage output.
    4: Lol 7k dps
    1: Yes
    2: Easy. I don't tunnel vision pewpew.
    3: Ok
    4: That's on a heroic dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    1: Yes
    2: Easy. I don't tunnel vision pewpew.
    3: Ok
    4: That's on a heroic dummy.

7k on a heroic dummy with the release of 4.0 still isnt that good. Well depending on your gear. If you're in starter icc gear then yeah 7k is great, but if you're in mostly 264+ then no it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    7k on a heroic dummy with the release of 4.0 still isnt that good. Well depending on your gear. If you're in starter icc gear then yeah 7k is great, but if you're in mostly 264+ then no it is not.
    Mostly 232. I got my friendly ring and 2-piece t10

personally i find myself either afking in og or doing ulduar/naxx25 with just a couple people 5-6, its quite fun in fact, much more satisfying than icc -_-

and its a personal choice - yes, @83 you basically have better items than a full BIS277, but then again people do enjoy simple raiding - so its up to you to decide what to do.

Deleted
    ICC has been out for far too long and it has stopped being fun for most people. Also, everyone's main is most likely geared in at least level 264 items and it's just not worth it doing on alts.

I'm not sure if it's fixed or was supposed to be like that but on Beta, you could get to 82 in less than 4-5 hours since the exp per level isnt changed before hitting 82 while quests and mobs give at least double the exp, Icecrown quests do. It's much faster, more practical and more fun to just get the gear when leveling than doing PuG ICC.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovemaster View Post
    It doesn't matter if your wearing 232 badge gear or 277 heroic icc 25 gear, chances are you will have most of it replaced by 82-83.
    I'm tired of such generic statements...

This depends on the slot, the item itself and your class. Some classes in beta replaced almost all of their ICC gear by 83, others still wear half of it. iLevel isn't the only thing that matters.

OT: I continue to raid because I like raiding, I haven't accomplished everything and I just find the whole process enjoyable. I don't stop progressing a toon just because an expansion is looming. No, I keep right on trucking as though that expansion wasn't on the way. It keeps the game entertaining, keeps me focused and overall provides a more enjoyable experience. As for the rest of my server... heroic randoms have all but stopped, ICC pugs are nearly gone but Ulduar and Nax pugs seem to run every day now (whereas pre-4.0 they were non-existant).
    Last edited by LQDMTL; 2010-10-18 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the sense of gearing up for levelling people will want pvp gear to quest as wpvp will be prime in cata and most guilds are just polishing off their acheivments and getting easy lk kills now as for pugs most on my server are still doing gdkp i mean icc trinkets are still fine and dandy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Or they're just tired of farming ICC for how long now? And Cata's almost right around the corner.
    Maybe. 2month isnt round the corner anyways, more like 6 or 7 corners...

peoples farm hcs for justice points and also lvl 80 epics will be replaced, but it is nice to have them because, anyone who has levelled from 40-60, I would expect to still have some 35 gear and so on, but think of it as placeholders they will stay there as decent items until you are getting new drops from higher lvled dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    Maybe. 2month isnt round the corner anyways, more like 6 or 7 corners...
    9 raid lockouts until Cata drops.