Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Heroics now too easy?

I was following this thread in the beta forums: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=2000&pageNo=2

In short, it seems that heroics, while challenging at first, have become A LOT easier very quickly. Ofc this is partially due to simply learning and knowing the fight mechanics, but to a large extent also due to very fast item inflation.

Just something to bare in mind amongst the reoccurring QQ about heroic difficulties.

because you cant keep something hard when 85% of it is about knowing the fight. once you do that, its easy. however, its gonna be harder for all learning the fight on the same time on Live, so aint going to be that easy that fast, because since you mostly get new people every time, you can be sure atleast 1 or 2 dont know what to do.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2010-10-16 at 03:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    And they never were inteded to be hard after you were fully epic equipped. Even challenging instances get dull after you did them 10 times in a row.

It's okay as it is now. Challenging when you're in blues and relative new to the game and class, and getting easier as soon as you've got enough gear that you only do them for JP anyway.

Good thing raid testing starts in 11 hours then, huh

Every PvE content becomes easy after you have completed it once, this includes LK25hc, Yogg+0(25) and Muru.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Every PvE content becomes easy after you have completed it once, this includes LK25hc, Yogg+0(25) and Muru.
    indeed i remember xt002 deconstructor pre nerf 3 nights of wiping then we kill him /cheer
    every week after we kill him 1/2 attempt, when you do it once you do it alot of times its just the way of things
    IT DOTH BE DOOMSDAY! QUICK WHERES THE PIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    We used to wipe on sindra hc for soo long, right after we killed her we started to down her after one or two tries.

Well, I can gladly tell you that Argaloth (the Tol Barad prison boss [and yes, he's itemized for t11.25 and vicious gladiator gear already]) is tougher than the VOA bosses in current premade gear. Its a great gear check since there's a 5 minute enrage timer and fight mechanics test raid awareness pretty well too. That said, being able to do it fine with almost no hiccups in heroic blue gear means that in epics its going to be retardedly easy.

Here's to hoping we get another Emalon.

I know this doesn't have much to do with heroics but I think its the hardest content out right now so I thought I'd mention it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    The point the original thread was making is that it shouldn't be easy to outgear the instances that quickly. After all, there isn't even any epic gear available at this point. And already people are starting to ignore Boss mechanics and instead burn bosses down, and AoEing trash packs.

Doing this in T12 gear is fine....but not in Heroic Dungeon gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    The point the original thread was making is that it shouldn't be easy to outgear the instances that quickly. After all, there isn't even any epic gear available at this point. And already people are starting to ignore Boss mechanics and instead burn bosses down, and AoEing trash packs.

Doing this in T12 gear is fine....but not in Heroic Dungeon gear.
    You sure do seem to be QQ'ing about the easiness of things lately. Leave things in Beta alone, if it's easy now I'm sure it will be tuned differently by the time it makes it live. If it ends up being stupidly easy on live, then you can do your QQ. However, til then, please ease off the crying train a little please.

Deleted
    After Triumph and Frost gear came out all heroics became too easy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    because you cant keep something hard when 85% of it is about knowing the fight. once you do that, its easy. however, its gonna be harder for all learning the fight on the same time on Live, so aint going to be that easy that fast, because since you mostly get new people every time, you can be sure atleast 1 or 2 dont know what to do.
    Exactly what you said. I know our raid will struggle on a boss for a full night. We learn mechanics, placement, strats etc. Next time he is a one shot! That is they way it is.

Also not sure how they make it doable, yet hard for entry gear, and keep it hard as you gear up. Seems to me that it will always get easier as you get more gear.

This might be a record amount of time before somebody saying that heroics are too easy... before the expansion even came out!

previous record: 2 weeks after wotlk! :P
    It's just a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn View Post
    This might be a record amount of time before somebody saying that heroics are too easy... before the expansion even came out!

previous record: 2 weeks after wotlk! :P
    Heroics were too easy in the WotLK beta, and that never changed, so mmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    yup this prettymuch.. It will take awhile for everyone to learn the fights.

No doubt they become easy when you start getting raid quality gear but there are still mechanics that will 1 shot ppl that dont want to pay attention and this is what you want...when gearing through heroics there always should be something that requires more though than rolling your face over the keyboard otherwise you dont learn.

I say we give every boss encounter a 105 chance to instantly kill the tank, fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

Heroics should be easy after the majority of people in the party have been decked out in Heroic Gear...

Quest/Blues+Greens/Crafting Items = Heroics are Challenging, raids are very difficult.

Heroic Geared / JP Geared = Heroics are fairly easy, but still wipable. Raids are challenging.

Raid Geared = Heroics are very easy, hard to wipe. Raids are fairly easy.

TBH, you really shouldn't have to run a dungeon more than a couple times overall in a game unless Blizzard somehow implements some new dynamics that change each time you run. (Kind of like how Violet Hold spawns different bosses)

Less hamster wheel, more fun, but that's just my opinion and it does not allign well with the whole business aspect of WoW and its steady income.

Am I crazy, or does it sound a bit shitty to potentially run a dungeon 100+ times for a single item?

I still have a bit of negative bias towards dungeon design because in vanilla I ran Scholomance 126 times for the Ancient Bone Bow for my hunter and it dropped twice and got taken by rogues. (Ended up getting the bow from ZG on my first night though, but I still hold a grudge against Scholomance.)
    Last edited by Junlee; 2010-10-18 at 11:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As soon as they start to get easy, it's time to gather 4 friends and to start going for "Glory of the Cataclysm Hero"

Somehow TBC heroics were quite hard, you could re-run them even in T6 they could scare you off.
    Suprising they cannot find the middle ground between WOTLK bore and TBC challenges.