1. #2081
    We should rename this thread to the "QQ Staghelm Won't Drop The Flamescythe Thread".

    Consider this my weekly QQ.


    Also, just picked up my 4pc T12. At this point, I'm hit capped with 19/26 expertise. Using The Hungerer + APS as my trinkets for the time being, with the mastery on APS reforged to haste. Anything glaringly wrong with not being absolutely expertise capped? Or is my reforging completely wonky?

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Feira/simple -- Link to my Armory for reference. >_<
    Feira
    <The Church> -- [A] Darkspear - US
    http://www.churchguild.org
    Feral Combat Druid

  2. #2082
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    spirit healer
    Posts
    249
    At this point, you shouldn't be reforging for mastery---haste becomes more important with 2t12, and even more so with 4. so unreforge the pieces you pull haste off of and see how you can rearrange to maximize expertise without falling under hit-cap and minimizing haste loss (even trade out mastery since at this points it's worse than crit)
    Zongxian (Brewmaster) Nimai (Holy) Israa (Kitty) ßlossom (Enhance) Aevera (Prot)
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz - ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3 - XFX Radeon HD 7970@1GHz - 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance (1600MHz) - 2x OCZ AgilityIII 128GB + 2x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB - Coolermaster HAF 932
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (2012), Logitech G13, Logitech G700, Astro A50.

  3. #2083
    Bloodsail Admiral Tygroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,182
    I'm in full normal BiS (short of my neck piece, I don't have matrix, and my bracers have the wrong random enchant) and without sacrificing any haste, I am having issues even coming close to the hit/exp cap. I'm wondering if I should just wait it out, but it's rather disheartening.

  4. #2084
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    I'm pretty lost here, to me it seems that it should be a DPS increase to charge on CD, but since I have no math to back it up I would like mroe opinions/calculations!
    Mew should tell you. Fairly positive it was 3-4 seconds travel time when it became DPS neutral and for time less than that, it was an increase.

  5. #2085
    Try this, maybe:


    Head : CritRating -> HasteRating
    Neck : MasteryRating -> HitRating
    Shoulders : MasteryRating -> HitRating
    Chest : CritRating -> HasteRating
    Waist : HitRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Legs : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Feet : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Wrists : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Hands : CritRating -> HitRating
    Ring1 : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Ring2 : MasteryRating -> HitRating
    Trinket1 : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
    Back : CritRating -> HasteRating
    MainHand : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Ranged : MasteryRating -> HasteRating

  6. #2086
    At this point, you shouldn't be reforging for mastery---haste becomes more important with 2t12
    I find it curious when people say that, because the difference between haste and mastery reforge for me was 1 dps, in favor of mastery, and I only have 3 359s, 2 365s, 4 359s if I opt to keep 2p t11. That includes having both ranseur and flamescythe. It's easily possible to reach 2t12 with far fewer 378s, let alone a weapon. This is particularly interesting because Mew gives me haste as a higher weight, by .2, but sims out to less dps, even if negligible.

  7. #2087
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyren View Post
    I find it curious when people say that, because the difference between haste and mastery reforge for me was 1 dps, in favor of mastery
    To my knowledge, the typical uncertainty in Mew regarding average dps is usually on the order of +/-2.7 (I roll with 100k iterations usually). Unless you went with more iterations to decrease uncertainty or the dps difference was larger (I want to say at least 1.4*uncertainty, so for uncertainty of 2.7 means the difference needs to be greater than 4.8), it is impossible to definitively say the mastery reforge is the superior option. If someone well-versed in statistics wants to correct me, feel free, but I am reasonably confident it is roughly like that.

    Mew is not a deterministic program; it doesn't tell you what your dps will be, but what it will probably be.

  8. #2088
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragekitty View Post
    We should rename this thread to the "QQ Staghelm Won't Drop The Flamescythe Thread".

    Consider this my weekly QQ.


    Also, just picked up my 4pc T12. At this point, I'm hit capped with 19/26 expertise. Using The Hungerer + APS as my trinkets for the time being, with the mastery on APS reforged to haste. Anything glaringly wrong with not being absolutely expertise capped? Or is my reforging completely wonky?

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Feira/simple -- Link to my Armory for reference. >_<
    I just got my heroic Staghelm Flamescythe, I got lucky I guess!
    I still don't have my 4t12 :/ I'm not getting lucky with the token drops
    Last edited by Iceleet; 2011-08-24 at 08:59 AM.

  9. #2089
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post
    I'm in full normal BiS (short of my neck piece, I don't have matrix, and my bracers have the wrong random enchant) and without sacrificing any haste, I am having issues even coming close to the hit/exp cap. I'm wondering if I should just wait it out, but it's rather disheartening.
    I was playing around with reforging, you could try something like the following using stat values that I believe Mihir mentioned earlier in this thread:

    Helm = 85 crit --> exp
    Neck = 64 mastery --> haste
    Shoulder = 86 mastery --> hit
    Cloak = 38 mastery --> exp
    Chest = 110 crit --> haste
    Wrist = 60 mastery --> exp
    Gloves = 70 crit --> hit
    Belt = 84 haste --> exp
    Legs = 113 mastery --> exp
    Feet = 74 mastery --> exp
    Splintered = 63 mastery --> haste
    Widow's = 50 mastery --> hit
    Ancient = 153 mastery --> hit
    Fandral's = 106 mastery --> exp
    Covenant = 32 mastery --> hit

    Using the above reforge I'm seeing an increase of 153 haste; and a 157.8 overall increase for you, while keeping exp / hit caps. Even though you would be reforging haste off the belt, you're still gaining more haste overall

    Edit: Found mihir's stat weights on page 103:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Currently using:

    exp 1.5002
    hit 1.5001
    haste 1.5
    crit 1.38
    mastery 1.35

    Furthermore, i set the hit cap to 960, exp cap to 780, and the match type to "close to" instead of "at least".
    However, I set it to "exactly to" instead of "at least". Give the above a try and see how it works out :P
    Last edited by Epoch; 2011-08-24 at 04:48 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

  10. #2090
    Im jus wondering... is ter too much haste as a feral nearing bis gear?
    I have about 2100+ haste while having almost hit cap and soft exp cap

  11. #2091
    Reading this thread makes me wanna get back to raiding..... -.-

  12. #2092
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Im jus wondering... is ter too much haste as a feral nearing bis gear?
    I have about 2100+ haste while having almost hit cap and soft exp cap
    I don't see why having that much haste would be a problem. Afaik there aren't any kind of caps to worry about. Perhaps haste will lose value if you energy cap in berserk but I doubt that's the case

  13. #2093
    For those of you who want to make the reforging super easy just download ReforgeLite http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...forgelite.aspx which was on MMO front page a while ago. You can just enter how you want to reforge (hit+exp cap > haste > crit > mastery) for example and it will find the best way to get as close to hit and exp caps and then reforge everything else to haste. You don't have to drag every piece to the reforger either, it will automatically reforge the pieces that needs reforging.

  14. #2094
    To energy cap during berserk (going to assume shredx4 for 5cps and an FB) you'd need at least 97 energy to successfully perform those abilities. Over 5 seconds, that would be an energy regen of 19.4 seconds. If bloodlust isn't active, to have that kind of regen you'd need close to 9800 haste rating, or 9126 with DI. The string of abilities regularly (not necessarily frequently) used that requires (emphasis on requires) the least amount of energy would be shredx3, rakex1 and an FB. This would be 93 energy or 18.6 energy per second, 8850 rating would be necessary, 8222 with DI.

    If bloodlust is active, you'll need 4749 haste, 4238 with DI, to energy cap in the first case, or 3853, 3368 with DI, to energy cap in the second case. I didn't take into account the extra 25 energy FB can consume, so I doubt you'll be energy capping even with hungerer/matrix(haste) procs and BL active.

  15. #2095
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    To energy cap during berserk (going to assume shredx4 for 5cps and an FB) you'd need at least 97 energy to successfully perform those abilities. Over 5 seconds, that would be an energy regen of 19.4 seconds. If bloodlust isn't active, to have that kind of regen you'd need close to 9800 haste rating, or 9126 with DI. The string of abilities regularly (not necessarily frequently) used that requires (emphasis on requires) the least amount of energy would be shredx3, rakex1 and an FB. This would be 93 energy or 18.6 energy per second, 8850 rating would be necessary, 8222 with DI.

    If bloodlust is active, you'll need 4749 haste, 4238 with DI, to energy cap in the first case, or 3853, 3368 with DI, to energy cap in the second case. I didn't take into account the extra 25 energy FB can consume, so I doubt you'll be energy capping even with hungerer/matrix(haste) procs and BL active.
    Thumbs up for math. So, short answer, no there is no such thing as too much haste?

  16. #2096
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    spirit healer
    Posts
    249
    Nope. No such thing as too much haste (with our current tier).
    Zongxian (Brewmaster) Nimai (Holy) Israa (Kitty) ßlossom (Enhance) Aevera (Prot)
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz - ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3 - XFX Radeon HD 7970@1GHz - 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance (1600MHz) - 2x OCZ AgilityIII 128GB + 2x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB - Coolermaster HAF 932
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (2012), Logitech G13, Logitech G700, Astro A50.

  17. #2097
    Quote Originally Posted by Infs View Post
    Thumbs up for math. So, short answer, no there is no such thing as too much haste?
    When the stars align, there might be (bloodlust, DI, heroic hungerer and matrix haste procs on top of a haste-oriented reforging strategy). Let's say there is 2100 haste from gear, 1730 h-hungerer proc, ~1830 h-matrix haste proc (assuming the heroic tooltip is also incorrect and the actual buff is about 100 more than the hungerer like in normal). With those, DI, and bloodlust you'll be sitting at 21.2 energy per second.

    If you were to rake->shredx3->rip->shredx4->FB (assuming you've just popped TF with your berserk, so you'd want to refresh rake and rip is in there just because).

    For this sequence you'd need 17.5+21*3+15+21*4+12.5+(up to 25) = 192 energy (up to 217 energy). We have 10 abilities, so 10 seconds of 21.2 eps is 212 energy, and we will be using up to 217 energy.

    However, remove FB from the sequence, we have used ~180 energy over 9 seconds, at 21.2 eps you would have generated ~191 in that time period, so you would have had a net gain of 11 energy before FB, which may or may not energy cap you, depending on how much energy you had when you used TF.
    Last edited by MasterNewbie; 2011-08-24 at 03:21 PM.

  18. #2098
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfonia View Post
    Try this, maybe:


    Head : CritRating -> HasteRating
    Neck : MasteryRating -> HitRating
    Shoulders : MasteryRating -> HitRating
    Chest : CritRating -> HasteRating
    Waist : HitRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Legs : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Feet : MasteryRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Wrists : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Hands : CritRating -> HitRating
    Ring1 : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Ring2 : MasteryRating -> HitRating
    Trinket1 : MasteryRating -> HasteRating
    Back : CritRating -> HasteRating
    MainHand : CritRating -> ExpertiseRating
    Ranged : MasteryRating -> HasteRating

    Thanks for the reforging advice. It put me at 1525 Haste rating, 8.13% Hit, 24 Expertise, and 14.79 Mastery. I'm now a little over hit cap but I think I can change the Agi/Hit gem in my pants to Agi/Haste and I'll be fine.
    Feira
    <The Church> -- [A] Darkspear - US
    http://www.churchguild.org
    Feral Combat Druid

  19. #2099
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    spirit healer
    Posts
    249
    You'd get more agi out of gemming gemming agi/stam instead of switching it to an orange. Even better would be straight agi in both slots, though.
    Zongxian (Brewmaster) Nimai (Holy) Israa (Kitty) ßlossom (Enhance) Aevera (Prot)
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz - ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3 - XFX Radeon HD 7970@1GHz - 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance (1600MHz) - 2x OCZ AgilityIII 128GB + 2x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB - Coolermaster HAF 932
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (2012), Logitech G13, Logitech G700, Astro A50.

  20. #2100
    Hrm, you're probably right but they're last tier's pants, which I'm expecting to replace soon anyway. No sense in wasting precious Agility gems on crap pants, right?
    Feira
    <The Church> -- [A] Darkspear - US
    http://www.churchguild.org
    Feral Combat Druid

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •