1. #2881
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,802
    For my current gear (Kiril, 2T13+2T12, matrix, APS) it seems to be mastery > haste = crit > hit = exp.

    Edit: However the value of crit rating seems highly dependent on my current agility. Swapping APS for Hungerer makes crit drop in value so it becomes mastery > haste > crit > hit=exp.
    Last edited by Mihir; 2011-12-05 at 03:53 PM.

  2. #2882
    So I got the Raid Finder version of Vial of Shadows this week, and so I decided to test it out on our heroic FL run this week.

    Unfortunately, I can't link logs, but on heroic Rag the trinket proc'ed 23 times, with 13 of them crits, 8 hits, 2 blocks, and 1 miss, with the fight lasting 12 minutes, 51 seconds, and it did 4.4% of my total damage. On a stand-up fight like Baleroc, it proc'ed 9 times, 7 being crits and 2 being hits, with the fight lasting 4 minutes, 33 seconds, and was 4.6% of my total damage. The trinkets I had before I got Vial of Shadows were the heroic versions of Matrix Restabalizer and The Hungerer, and I replaced the Hungerer.

    So yeah, by the looks of it, even the raid finder version is worth getting, at least from what I saw on some fights in heroic FL and raid finder DS (completed normal already for the week, so couldn't test on bosses like Ultraxion or the other bosses). Maybe Mihir can confirm that it's worth getting even the RF version?

  3. #2883
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyan View Post
    My guild is working on Normals at the moment, but there's something that has been bugging me: can we updrage the valor point items like we did in 4.2 with the firestones? I've seen a few heroic version of VP items on wowhead, but nothing that suggest how to get those :3
    Wondering this too.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

  4. #2884
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,802
    Nope. There's no way to upgrade the 4.3 valor point items atm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimiira View Post
    So I got the Raid Finder version of Vial of Shadows this week, and so I decided to test it out on our heroic FL run this week.

    Unfortunately, I can't link logs, but on heroic Rag the trinket proc'ed 23 times, with 13 of them crits, 8 hits, 2 blocks, and 1 miss, with the fight lasting 12 minutes, 51 seconds, and it did 4.4% of my total damage. On a stand-up fight like Baleroc, it proc'ed 9 times, 7 being crits and 2 being hits, with the fight lasting 4 minutes, 33 seconds, and was 4.6% of my total damage. The trinkets I had before I got Vial of Shadows were the heroic versions of Matrix Restabalizer and The Hungerer, and I replaced the Hungerer.

    So yeah, by the looks of it, even the raid finder version is worth getting, at least from what I saw on some fights in heroic FL and raid finder DS (completed normal already for the week, so couldn't test on bosses like Ultraxion or the other bosses). Maybe Mihir can confirm that it's worth getting even the RF version?
    Pretty much confirms the trinket list I made earlier. I'll put it into the cat guide shortly.

  5. #2885
    Has anyone checked which of the 2T12 and 2T13 bonus is better? I get that 2T12 beats 2T13 with 250~ DPS.

  6. #2886
    2T12 is the stronger one of the two.
    Feral Kitty - Llilja
    夢と希望のマシンガン

  7. #2887
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,802
    2T12 is waaay stronger than 2T13. 4T13 beats 2T12 tho.

  8. #2888
    Okay, okay! I have got it confirmed now. :p

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 12:48 AM ----------

    Regarding haste's unstability at times:
    Code:
    ( Pawn: v1: "Feral Druid Cat (Mew)": Strength=1.69089, Agility=4.50477, Ap=1.61038, CritRating=1.55638, HasteRating=3.23953, MasteryRating=1.6132, HitRating=1.51306, ExpertiseRating=1.51109, MeleeDps=6.32615 [...])
    It's kind of amusing to see how high it can go.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2011-12-05 at 11:50 PM.

  9. #2889
    Is there anywhere outside the elementium bolt and phase 2 adds we can use charge in the madness of deathwing encounter? Our warrior said he found a sweet spot he can charge the limbs but I've not once been able to do it.

  10. #2890
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Using the stat weights from the guide, I get to the following values:

    10578 H Kiril, Fury of Beasts
    9515 H Spire of Coagulated Globules
    9370 N Kiril, Fury of Beasts
    8444 N Spire of Coagulated Globules
    8297 RF Kiril, Fury of Beasts
    7904 H Fandral's Flamescythe
    7495 RF Spire of Coagulated Globules

    So it's very good, but not to the extent of surpassing higher ilvl weapons.
    This is still true, right? With four chances for an upgrade next week I just want some reassurance and couldn't find a newer list then this month old one.

  11. #2891
    Field Marshal Obblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayto View Post
    Is there anywhere outside the elementium bolt and phase 2 adds we can use charge in the madness of deathwing encounter? Our warrior said he found a sweet spot he can charge the limbs but I've not once been able to do it.
    Cat form charge is a leap and works different then warrior charge, you could do the same in bear form

  12. #2892
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,802
    Cat Charge will always try to put you in the middle of the target's hit box, facing their back. Since the middle of the tentacle/limb is out in the water, this doesn't work.

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-06 at 10:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    This is still true, right? With four chances for an upgrade next week I just want some reassurance and couldn't find a newer list then this month old one.
    Yep, still seems about right.

  13. #2893
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post

    2.10.1 Gear list

    BiS:

    Head: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78694/d - H: Warmaster Blackhorn
    Neck: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/71610/c - H: Ragnaros
    Shoulder: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78368/u - H: Morchock
    Back: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/71415/d - H: Lord Rhyolith
    Chest: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78665/d - H: Ultraxion
    Wrist: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78446/s - H: Warmaster Blackhorn
    Hands: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78684/d - H: Warlord Zon'ozz
    Waist: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78388/b - H: Warlord Zon'ozz
    Legs: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78713/d - H: Yor'sahj the Unsleeping
    Feet: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78462/m - H: Spine of Deathwing
    Finger: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78489/s - H: All except Deathwing
    Finger: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78413/s - H: Hagara the Stormbinder
    Trinket: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/77994/w - H: Spine of Deathwing
    Trinket: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/77999/v - H: All except Deathwing
    Weapon: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78473/k - H: Madness of Deathwing
    Relic: http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/71567/c - VP + Firestone
    First I'd like to tank you guys for the amazing job you've done, it's nice to see such a lovely Kitty-comunity :3

    Then, I'd like to ask the following question: my guild is a casual one, and we won't go into DS HCs at least 'til we'll have killed enough bosses to gear our mates properly. If I wanted a Normal BiS list, shall I simply consider the forementioned list as "normal"? Or would something change? =)
    I know that secondary stats are very close each other (and that mastery is slightly above), but it would be nice to make sure that I won't need on gear that is BiS for someone else and I might replace. :3

    /kitty out/

  14. #2894
    Mihir, is there any response from Blizzard regarding the cat situation on Ultraxion encounter? Are they aware of that? Are they going to fix it and allow face-shredding? Why did they remove the feature? Any information? (I would like to ask the questions myself but I simply don't have US subscription). Thanks in advance!
    once a drood - always a drood!

  15. #2895
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,802
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3061876917

    Greetings Mihir, Lokìì, Hukilyou and Zheny,

    Normally I’d redirect a report like this to our dedicated bug reporting sticky topic, but I’ve already had a quick check here and I’m sorry to say that the current stance on this particular situation is that it is not a bug, and actually an intended change.

    To this end, if you’d like to submit feedback about the encounter or even just this specific aspect, you’d be better off doing do on the most appropriate non-support forum – in this case, Raids and Dungeons; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/874704/

    Apologies for being the bearer of bad news though!

  16. #2896
    So we are to apparently be gimped for this encounter with no plans of change? Well i'm going to go check the us forums and see what i can do there

  17. #2897
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayssaris View Post
    So we are to apparently be gimped for this encounter with no plans of change? Well i'm going to go check the us forums and see what i can do there
    I'm going to try Ultraxion as a feral dps for the first time today, I don't think any guild would replace us with another dps, but it's incredibly annoying not to dish out 100% of our potential in a dps race.
    I checked a lot of threads lately, and there's nothing we can do to improve our dps there. But at least we should be able to get the "last defender of azeroth" to help healers out a little :3

  18. #2898
    Quote Originally Posted by AtaraxyDarkmoonFaire View Post
    I'm going to try Ultraxion as a feral dps for the first time today, I don't think any guild would replace us with another dps, but it's incredibly annoying not to dish out 100% of our potential in a dps race.
    I personally will bench myself unless a change is incoming. There's no reason to bring my gimped dps over some class that can push 100%.
    Feral Kitty - Llilja
    夢と希望のマシンガン

  19. #2899
    About Ultraxion... As you said Mihir: "Yes you can stay in bearform at the start to get the special tank buff, and no it does not affect berserk / tiger's fury."
    Which cooldowns does that buff affect? Is it only barkskin, SI and FR?

  20. #2900
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    About Ultraxion... As you said Mihir: "Yes you can stay in bearform at the start to get the special tank buff, and no it does not affect berserk / tiger's fury."
    Which cooldowns does that buff affect? Is it only barkskin, SI and FR?
    Afaik when i tried it it was just BS SI and FR. ^^
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...decat/advanced
    You seem mad. Are you suffering from some jelly related psychosis?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •