So....at higher item levels, haste is slightly better than crit correct? if this is the case, why is the trinket off nef not better than the trinket off halfus? Sorry if this has been asked. Aside from the fact that I'll be able to get the heroic halfus trinket as soon as I get lucky, and heroic nef....yeah :P

Because the bleeds you apply do not benefit from haste whereas the crit proc can be applied to them.

so the increased bleed crit>the energy regen? cool beans

Well it just mostly has to do with bleeds being such a large part of our overall dps. The haste proc on the nef trink is great and all for shred spam especially paired with UW, but it doesn't outweigh the crit proc when applied to bleeds.

To quote myself from the last page:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Haste as a proc is quite useless, while the Crit from Cyclone might be factored into Rakes/Rips that last longer than the buff duration. So, even with the shorter buff duration, Cyclone should be better.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

i am wondering if its worthwhile stacking mangle for t11 4pc bonus on exposed head phase of magmaw if its fallen off right before going into it? (i get chains usually)
    Is there any break even point where target has to be alive X seconds for 2 extra mangles worth 2% ap to not be a dps loss over shred spam with superior dpe

Most of all you shouldnt let it fall before exposed head phase. If you're on chain duty (Im chaining in my guild, while managing to keep it up) refresh mangle as soon as you'll see in what area head will land. Jump on head, use chains, then refresh it when Exposed phase start to put mangle debuff as well. Keep in mind that when jumping on head to chain and jumping off it you're keeping your cat form - don't do the mistake and recast it.

If it does fall off, however, I'd say simply replace Mangles for Shreds as usual, but use Rip once you have 5 CP, even if you only have 2 stacks of 4T11. Rolling Rake and Rip is more important than anything - Also remember to refresh Rip near the end of the phase
    (Ah, if only a Nom Nom Nom FB would refresh ALL Rips (or all Rips on targets <25%) and not just the one on the current target :P)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can also dismount from magmaw before you're throw off to get more dps time

Also remember to refresh Rip near the end of the phase
    I would disagree with that. Most likely 2nd rip would tick only once, and that's not much, imho way better is to smah fb just at the last possible moment as this will do way more dmg.
    Ah, the another important thing is to keep 4-5 cps on Magmaw before you jump on head to chain it. Then after jumping off it, just before start of Exposed head phase use your savage roar to get it's full duration for entire EH phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Calathiel View Post
    I would disagree with that. Most likely 2nd rip would tick only once, and that's not much, imho way better is to smah fb just at the last possible moment as this will do way more dmg.
    The "head" NPC continues to exist, it just isn't targettable anymore, but debuffs remain, as well as the +100% damage taken modifier. Tanks that are mangled can already target the head, e.g. to put up sunders/FFF, as well as do some damage, of course.

Deleted
    The head npc that the tanks can attack is different from the head that the rest of the raid can attack during the impale, so sunders on the tank-head will only benefit the tank.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-04-02 at 11:42 AM.

Ah :B Well at least they can still do damage. Speaking about FFF, however, if you have no feral tank, in the first head phase, use FFF on every GCD that you are low on energy, since FFF lasts 5min, longer than Sunder, so that the tanks don't have to re-stack that every head phase.

I have points to get a new piece of gear, but im not sure if i want to get to t11 chest, and get 2p bonus. Is it really worth it to get 10% inc on rake ticks? i know it ticks for a lot atm, but sacrificing the crit/mastery from my Waywalkers Wrap for haste/exp just doenst seem to add up. Pretty much just wondering if the t11 bonuses are worth it vs the mastery/crit(or haste) on non tier pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme View Post
    I have points to get a new piece of gear, but im not sure if i want to get to t11 chest, and get 2p bonus. Is it really worth it to get 10% inc on rake ticks? i know it ticks for a lot atm, but sacrificing the crit/mastery from my Waywalkers Wrap for haste/exp just doenst seem to add up. Pretty much just wondering if the t11 bonuses are worth it vs the mastery/crit(or haste) on non tier pieces
    You want to have 4pc t11. Most people use Helm/Shoulders/Gloves/Legs for their tier pieces.

Buy whichever of the gloves/legs you don't have right now.
    Last edited by Meleti; 2011-04-03 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme View Post
    It depends on the gear you already have. Many take the legs first and then go for gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    You want to have 4pc t11. Most people use Helm/Shoulders/Gloves/Legs for their tier pieces.
    [Tsanga's Helm] is currently the best off piece for normal raid tier.
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2011-04-03 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    What you think about enginering gloves enchant? It's 400/450 (don't remember) agility for 10 sec each 1 min. Our dots could easly keep it for longer so we would have pretty big benefit from it. What you think?
    bump

So, any ideas about it? Looks for me like bigger dps increase then from rest of proffesions.

Deleted
    When used on cooldown it's about 50-100 dps increase in theory. However:

Synapse Springs often results in the "A more powerful spell is already active" message when you want to clip Rip before switching adds (V&T, Magmaw HC, Maloriak HC, Nefarian come to mind), so it's not always a dps increase vs other profession perks.

My bad, i knew i should have posted my armory, but i think i was in boomy gear last i logged
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...z%c3%b4/simple If its not working... Arzô (alt 147) - Time Well Wasted - Ner'zhul

Ignore the stuff that looks like its for tanking, bc it is, i havent made the 100% switch to dps. I also have Tsanga's helm (setup for tank), and Double Handed Attack Gloves (chimaeron ones) in my bags.

Getting the gloves next looks like it makes the most sense.