Page 7 of 210 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    So has anyone else come across the bug with the free ravage after a cat charge not hitting as hard as it should. just been out beating up random mobs and found that if i use cat charge it crits for 9k, and if i don't it crits for ~14k

Deleted
    Yea its a known bug; the stampede-ravage is a different spell from the normal ravage and it didn't get updated by the hotfix.

Interesting. I find rather the opposite effect since Feral Charge out of stealth allows for auto attacks which cause most of my PROCs within a few seconds. Since I usually hold my free Ravage until I deplete my energy I have most of my PROCs up which increases my damage nicely. On the other hand, perhaps the buffs are simply buttressing the damage since it isn't a significant difference.

hmm been wondering about the ashen verdict ring once again
    now that our atk power isn't 14k but 9-10k raid buffed
    has that ring appeared top becuz of the proc or h marrowgar and h dreamwalker still on top (bis being h halion but i havent gotten access to that loot yet :[)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrfunctory View Post
    Interesting. I find rather the opposite effect since Feral Charge out of stealth allows for auto attacks which cause most of my PROCs within a few seconds. Since I usually hold my free Ravage until I deplete my energy I have most of my PROCs up which increases my damage nicely. On the other hand, perhaps the buffs are simply buttressing the damage since it isn't a significant difference.
    Even with procs/TF (~11.5k) it doesn't come close to the 14k+ . but this is talking outside of a raid with no external buffs.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    A question about Rake refreshing with "clipping" last tick. It looks like new Rake with 15-17,9s and 6 ticks is applied, but it is not clear when damage modifiers are applied, like TF... Right after the first tick gone or on Rake application? Does anybody know?
    I'm from Russia Sorry if my English is bad

That's me : http://vkontakte.ru/id337481

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4yBaK View Post
    A question about Rake refreshing with "clipping" last tick. It looks like new Rake with 15-17,9s and 6 ticks is applied, but it is not clear when damage modifiers are applied, like TF... Right after the first tick gone or on Rake application? Does anybody know?
    It will be on the initial application.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing since clipping was brought up that clipping Rip is still bad?

Deleted
    No not really, the last tick can be clipped safely.

Deleted
    I have been reading a lot about hit rating lately and I understand that it doesn't have much impact on cat dps. However, I was wondering how low is too low or if at 0 hit rating it's still recommended to gem full agility and reforge for mastery.

Mew places hit and expertise below every other stat but haste and attack power (I'm using my stats without gems, enchants, self buffed, expertise capped, 0 hit rating, 4 pieces set bonus, standard spec).

Note that I'm using emblem gear only, no Ashen Verdict ring yet, I have 4 blue gem slots but only 1 where it would be worth going for the bonus.

Regarding reforging, according to your guide you should prioritize hit, haste and expertise to reforge to mastery but you also recommend trying to reduce the biggest stat. The biggest stat on most of my gear is crit but considering my low gear level and, consequently, low crit I assume I would benefit more reforging less valuable stats (acording to mew) even if that results in a lower amount of mastery.(?)

Despite the low gear level, I want to get the most out of him and would like some opinions.

Thanks

Deleted
    As long as you're not hitting the crit cap, hit will never be a priority. If you feel you have too hard a time to keep up your rotation you can always go for more hit, but if you get used to playing with low hit you will be able to do more dps.

About the reforging, it's really just a minigame of balancing stats. Play around a bit in mew, remove some crit, add some mastery, see how it affects your dps. For the best results you should use the Simulator instead of the Formulator option (under Model parameters), as it simulates the actual rotation you will be using.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Droodfocus now has TimeToDie as an integrated option. Thought it might be worth adding to the Addon section

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaure View Post
    Droodfocus now has TimeToDie as an integrated option. Thought it might be worth adding to the Addon section
    Yep, thats a very nice new feature.

In my opinion Droodfocus is the best AddOn for cats. It really helps alot to keep track of your dots etc.
    ---
    And BTW: very nice guide

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    Yep, thats a very nice new feature.

In my opinion Droodfocus is the best AddOn for cats. It really helps alot to keep track of your dots etc.
    ---
    And BTW: very nice guide
    ^this

Im using it aswell and the whole way DF is build up delivers a perfect overview over dots and timers. Its almost a most have for kitty dps imho.

i have a simple question what's the best profession for kitty 85 actually i'm JC and BS( bs because of the free socket) but it's lvl 85 you won't get free socket so i'm wondering what's the new best professions ?
    and is it possible to have a full list gear of the bis kitty or the best stuff since you hit 85 avalaible for kitty? no beta club :/

15+ Year Old Account
    best proversion in early lvl 85 contant is probely engineering / jc but het dont listen to me becase i dont know where i am talking about
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by yahiko View Post
    i have a simple question what's the best profession for kitty 85 actually i'm JC and BS( bs because of the free socket) but it's lvl 85 you won't get free socket so i'm wondering what's the new best professions ?
    and is it possible to have a full list gear of the bis kitty or the best stuff since you hit 85 avalaible for kitty? no beta club :/
    As Mihir states in his guide, Leatherworkers appear to have an amazing advantage at level 85 due to the wrist fur lining which provides 130 agility. In comparison, Jewelcrafting appears to provide only 17 additional agility per gem as shown here.

I am not certain that a best in slot list for level 85 would have a high confidence level. While a large amount of data is available it is questionable whether or not more will be added. However, this should give you some insight:

Stormrider's Battlebarb

Stormrider's Grips
    Stormrider's Headpiece
    Stormrider's Legguards
    Stormrider's Raiment
    Stormrider's Spaulders

Darkmoon Card: Hurricane
    Unsolvable Riddle

I want to reiterate that the preceding is not a best in slot list, it is only provided to offer you a look at some available equipment.
    Last edited by Purrfunctory; 2010-10-25 at 03:27 PM.

Hello, I would like to start by saying this is a excellent guide to help people understand and ease the process from wotlk to cata. My main reason for posting is to get a better grasp on the hit capping and exp. capping, either from gemming/chanting and or reforging. I have read your guild and it says that hit and exp. are a very minor stat now compared to agi and mastery, so does that mean we can partially ignore it now?

Was whacking the lvl 83 dummy last night while hit capped[ 10 agi + 10 hit in about 4 red sockets, and about 3 20+ hit gems] and was peaking about 12.5k dps and sustaining about 11k. After doing that, went and regemmed pretty much all the 10+ agi/hit to 20 agi gems and replaced 2 of the 20 hit gems[one being in distant land to a nightmare tear, also removed the badge cloak which had a 20 hit gem and equipped Shadowvault Slayers cloak (277). After regemming to maximize agi+mastery, i was missing a fair bit and seemed to mess up my rotation, but was do-able. I didnt really see much of a Dps increase, possibly a slight 500-700 dps increase.

So pretty much I'm a bit confused as to if i should be gemming for hit/exp. cap. I have some options of gear i could swap in such as,
    Sack of Awesome (277)
    Seal of many mouths (277)
    Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-general (271)
    Hurkuml war token (264)

Also, I would like do know if its still viable To gem agi/haste or would be agi+crit? Currently I have all agi+haste gems and reforged my mastery to haste. I'm Not crit capping unbuffed atm, but with Death choice + Dwb (agi proc) I come very close. Havent checked in raid yet. will update asap.

Thanks for taking the time to read, hopefully I can get this sorted tonight.

Unable to post a armory Link atm
    Server: Frostmourne - US
    Character: Animalities
    Faction : Horde
    Last edited by Lyndonm33; 2010-10-26 at 05:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Discovered todays raid that just tab-rake-tab-rake is way better dps than spamming swipe in most cases. Or rake-mangle-rip-tab when there's less mobs with more hp. Was up to 22-23k dps on some trashpacks in ICC, mostly blood wing, with 60% dmg done by rake :P
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...age=1#p-731330

rawr