Hello here

I have a question regarding the functioning of mastery. Does blizzard takes into account the real percentage (with decimals) but show the integer or do they only take the interger ?

An example to illustrate:

18.24 mast = 57.00%

18.55 mast = 57.97%

On the character sheet that will display 57%. If they only take the "whole of%" it seems more optimized to reforge until you reach a threshold.

Every fraction is used, the user interface just doesn't show it properly (same goes for expertise). Easy way to check is with rake on a target dummy for example, then (un)reforging your relic and raking the target dummy again.

K thx for your answer.

Just updated the cat guide a abit: 4.0.6 updates to relative stat values, gear list, and lvl85 update to hit/expertise sections.
    Only got Head/neck/shoulder sections done sofar, working on the rest.

---------- Post added 2011-03-22 at 04:53 PM ----------

Recalculated all items with the new RSVs.

Well... if those values are really true for the bis gear
    T11.5 BiS (379)
    Weapon DPS 5.02
    Agility 3.24
    Mastery 1.29
    Crit rating 1.09
    Haste rating 1.09
    Hit rating 1.06
    Exp rating 1.06
    Then on bis gear you have 728 in hit/exp that after "optimal reforging" leave us with 437 points in hit/exp + 40 additional from 2 purple gems. To cap hit and softcap expertise you need total of 1279 points in them so after deducting those 477 points that you cant get rid off you would need 802 more points to cap both. "Sacrificing" crit/haste to get that you would lose "amazing" 24,06 dps (each point of haste/crit is worth 0.03 more than hit/exp) and that's less than 0.1% of teoretical feral dps. Im wondering then if it's not worth to cap hit and exp as it would help on some fights where you're forced to smash mangles on bosses balls as well as would allow us to refresh mangle really at the last possibly moment without worrying that it will miss and mess everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Calathiel View Post
    Im wondering then if it's not worth to cap hit and exp as it would help on some fights where you're forced to smash mangles on bosses balls as well as would allow us to refresh mangle really at the last possibly moment without worrying that it will miss and mess everything.
    Mew already accounts for missing mangles at the last possible moment, so there is no need to mess with the results to double-account for that.

Okey, but still it's 24 dps difference, so why not to make life easier?

Tangedyn, I don't think he's necessarily referring to the results in Mew, just discussing how detrimental it would be to get the caps to smooth things out a bit. I along with many others I'm sure feel that it's just a pain in the ass when you have 2-3 dodge/misses in a row which gives your TF JUST long enough to fall off before applying a rip, etc. With EP values working out to be so close I don't see why reaching these caps would be discouraged for the very minor dps loss.

Exactly that's my point. In fact I'll try to do this week and see results. Im in half way to get my bis gear, but still near nothing changed compared to last week so from logs I'll be able to compare my dmg from this and prev week.

i jsut bought the unheeded warning and was wondering whats ebst side trink between tia's graec and teh jc demon panther trinket

Well, are you sure Mihir that UW is better then nefarian's hc trinket?

Generally it is better, but there might be a few gear combinations where it is not and that yours is one of them. Does Mew tell you that Prestor's Talisman is better than Unheeded Warning?

The top 3 trinkets (UW, H Prestor's, H EotC) are pretty close together in value, just grab any 2 of them and you should be fine. Most people starting out with heroic raids should be able to get UW and H EotC fairly quickly, by the time H Prestor's is available to you, you're pretty much at the end of current raid progression.

i want my heroric staff :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Use Mew. It will tell you which trinket combination is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Trelorejuvas View Post
    UW is epic fail..
    Such irony...

l2relative stat values? or l2mew? UW is anything but an epic failure. That increased weapon damage combined with our current Shred spamming rotation, and keeping Strength of the Panther x3, and melee hits + Savage Roar, Fury Swipes, you need to evaluate your trinkets dear. It works out much better than the stat loss of other available trinkets.

Look at total damage instead of bleed damage.

I'm pretty comfortable with my UW and heroic EotC, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Trelorejuvas View Post
    TRINKET QUESTION.. i got '' Tia's Grace '' and ''Unsolvable Riddle'' that both have mastery, Today i tried using ''Fluid Death''(valor trinket)..i even reforged it...but still i am losing around 8% + bleed dmg and i dont know if it worth it cause today i tried and my dps was in the same or EVEN lower dps....i Really need help on this one cause i am really stuck here!!Whats ur opinion on this one

---------- Post added 2011-03-26 at 11:30 AM ----------

are u sure that those 3 are the top trinkets??i dont agry with u... UW is epic fail..it gives +321 agi that Tia's Grace gives more agi and +mastery which is the main source of dmg(bleed)...Eotc is the same...Tia's grace overcomes them...on agi and mastery....Even the HC one only gives +20-30 agi but 285 Mastery will give u more dps...
    If you don't use shred and use rake as your main combo point generator instead then tia's grace will be better i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    If you don't use shred and use rake as your main combo point generator instead then tia's grace will be better i guess.
    Shred generates combo points?!?!?!