Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Are you forgetting to enter the passive stats that come on the trinkets? That's a frequent error people make.
    Yea I am putting it...Prestor is higher then Cyclone...em, I am going sleep, will check it again tomorrow~~

Haste as a proc is quite useless, while the Crit from Cyclone might be factored into Rakes/Rips that last longer than the buff duration. So, even with the shorter buff duration, Cyclone should be better.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Mew at the moment doesn't aggressively spend energy during Unheeded Warning and Cyclone procs - doing so would probably increase DPS by a little. I've been thinking of adding this in as it has been requested by Leafkiller, but it's pretty complicated and probably more trouble that it's worth.

The buff duration difference shouldn't make a noticeable difference. Cyclone may have shorter buff duration but the ICD is also proportionally shorter. Prestor's will still have slightly higher uptime because less time is spent trying to proc it after it comes off ICD, but it probably isn't that significant.

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Cyclone may have shorter buff duration but the ICD is also proportionally shorter.
    That too, right. Unless I'm mistaken, every Cataclysm proc trinket has an ICD that is 5 times the buff duration. Though, does that mean 5*bufflength secs after the proc, or after the buff expires?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    That too, right. Unless I'm mistaken, every Cataclysm proc trinket has an ICD that is 5 times the buff duration. Though, does that mean 5*bufflength secs after the proc, or after the buff expires?
    Uptime of all trinkets either proc or on use is 20%

After the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    Uptime of all trinkets either proc or on use is 20%
    On use trinkets are 16.66% (repeating, of course) uptime - their CDs are 6x duration. Proc trinkets are capped at 20% (will be slightly less because some time will be spent trying to make it proc).

After the proc.

On use trinkets are 16.66% (repeating, of course) uptime - their CDs are 6x duration. Proc trinkets are capped at 20% (will be slightly less because some time will be spent trying to make it proc).
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=62463 wasn't testing tho but if i remember from 346 HC trinks on use(wasn't using those trinks for long while tbh, even on alts) but isn't CD-timer starting from moment you "used" trinket rather than time effect expired? Witch gives 20secs up and 100secs CD ( 120 secs-20 secs effect=100sec w/o buff) that gives 20% and not 16.66% uptime as stated above correct me if i'm wrong ofc

You have 6 apples. 5 of them are green, 1 of them is red. What is the percentage of red apples you have?

"If you have one bucket that holds two gallons, and another bucket that holds five gallons, how many buckets do you have?"

15+ Year Old Account
    you have 3,5 buckets of type A witch each can take 2 gallons

but since you are only holding 2 buckets you need an extra bucket of type B that can hold 2.5 of type A buckets

so in total you have 4.5 buckets!
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    y u no on topic :<

Deleted
    What you think about enginering gloves enchant? It's 400/450 (don't remember) agility for 10 sec each 1 min. Our dots could easly keep it for longer so we would have pretty big benefit from it. What you think?

[Grace of the Herald] deviates from the rule, as it has a 100 second ICD, capping it at 10% uptime. There is at least one other trinket that also behaves like this, but the name of it has unfortunately slipped my mind right now.

Also, the internal cooldown starts ticking as the trinket procs.

Argh, pulled the words out my mouth there.

i was wondering how Ferocious Bite should be used, in terms of the energy per dmg thing. Is it best used with ~70 energy, or soon as u hit 35...given target below 25%.

sometimes ill use at 35 energy and see a 12k bite, sometimes more, and when i hit with ~70, i see higher hits

You have 6 apples. 5 of them are green, 1 of them is red. What is the percentage of red apples you have?
    Ok stop trolling i gave you reasonable explanation and well lets try doing it again w/o childish questions for 8y old kids.
    you have 120secs CD right ?
    you have 20 secs buff right ?
    you have CD starting when you use trinket right ?
    OK now tell me how long is DOWNTIME of buff ? counting only 1 use ofc
    still 120-20= 100 secs
    100 secs downtime/ 20 secs buff-time gives you still 20% 20/100=0.2 if ti is easier to understand

Ok stop trolling i gave you reasonable explanation and well lets try doing it again w/o childish questions for 8y old kids.
    still 120-20= 100 secs
    100 secs downtime/ 20 secs buff-time gives you still 20% 20/100=0.2 if ti is easier to understand
    Just quoting this hilarity before he deletes it. Apparently, in this new Internet, you win an argument by being the first to call the other side a 'troll'. Meanwhile, Mr Thomas Bayes rolls over in his grave.

Deleted
    still 120-20= 100 secs
    So lets imagine a new trinket. 20 second buff, and 40 second cooldown = 20 second downtime.
    According to your math i would have to divide downtime by buff time, so 20 secs downtime/20secs buff is 100% uptime (1.0)?

What about a trinket with 20sec buff and 21 second cooldown. Dowmtime is 1 sec then. So with your math 20sec/1sec = 2000% uptime (20.0).
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-04-01 at 07:52 AM.

That's almost as silly as calling ethanol fuel "green".