You think for 2 targets, swipe > shred would be better? Obviously as long bleeds r kept up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    which would be better 20 agi to gloves or 35 strength to gloves .. I dont want to spend the money for 50 strength to gloves till I have my heroic tier gloves
    Gaming Rig:
    Intel i5 3570k OC @4.5 / Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 / Corsair Vengance 1600 ddr3 (16gigs) / Crucial M4 128gig (system/games), 1tb Western Digital 7,200 (file drive) / AMD Radeon 7950 / Corsair Carbide 600t / Seasonic M12II 620w / Asus 24inch LCD / Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Gino View Post
    which would be better 20 agi to gloves or 35 strength to gloves .. I dont want to spend the money for 50 strength to gloves till I have my heroic tier gloves
    35 strength

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Erm, no. Shred still hits harder (and for less energy).
    Shred is 450% weapon damage, but x1.2 from Rend and Tear and x1.3 from Mangle will put it at 702%
    exactly it has a base dmg and it does like 702% weapon damage, so shred will always be better

but if there are more then 1 target to hit... well then its up to aoe rules :P i gues if you have 5 cp's on your mail target and rip & SR up while there is a 2nd target in range.... well thne yes i do think swipe would be the better option
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Why is the strength enchant better for gloves? As far as I can remember thats what, 70 ap? Why is it better than say 50 mastery or an agility enchant? Sorry if I'm being a retard about it

Quote Originally Posted by Avenn View Post
    Why is the strength enchant better for gloves? As far as I can remember thats what, 70 ap? Why is it better than say 50 mastery or an agility enchant? Sorry if I'm being a retard about it
    That's why this is here, to ask questions.

strength = 2ap (3.17 with talents/buffs)
    agility = 2 ap (3.33 with talents buffs) + crit

so 35 strength is about 111 ap
    20 agility is about 67 ap + a small amount of crit

agility is much better to gem/enchant for unless you can get a certain amount of other stats and since strength is right behind it (literally), it's the next best thing.

Since we only gem for a secondary stat (mastery in this case) if there is a bonus of 40 or more to be a dps increase. Take that same logic and put it towards enchants and that's where we see that Mastery to gloves is inferior to Strength.

Hopefully it helps (and I'm right, lol) but if not I'm sure Mihir, Tang or Kataran could explain it better if you're still confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenn View Post
    Agility is far better than any of our controllable stats. Strength is not very far behind agility, but it's much better than any secondary stat. Unfortunately, there aren't any viable agility enchants for gloves available at the moment, the best being Enchant Gloves - Major Agility, which was added in WotLK. In Cataclysm a WotLK enchant usually isn't worth much, but since strength isn't very far behind agility, it wins out to any secondary stat enchant.

With example stat values:
    Enchant Gloves - Major Agility: 50.1 dps
    Enchant Gloves - Mastery: 45.2 dps
    Enchant Gloves - Greater Mastery: 58.7 dps
    Enchant Gloves - Exceptional Strength: 67.3 dps
    Enchant Gloves - Mighty Strength: 96.1 dps

Ok thats my issue, I was told/led to believe that enchanting stats were not affected by buffs. So the strength enchant is affected by Kings etc? That...makes a bit more sense lol. Basically, I thought that the strength enchant only translated into direct attack power (1 str=2ap) and that was it.

Regardless, very interesting and time to go bother my enchanting friend

The primary stats on the character pane are all affected by BoK/MotW, so any stats added to it are affected by those buffs. This includes enchants. Even if they were unaffected, Strength would still be ahead.

Deleted
    What should I upgrade next, got about 1300 VP and access to all bosses but nefarian on normal.

Armory; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eftys/advanced

Also anything I should change on the current gear?

Buying the T11 chest is a big mistake. The one off Atramedes is better.
    Your next purchase should be the T11 Leggings which is BIS.
    I would skip on getting Fluid Death, since the Heroic Essence of the Cyclone is better and should be available to you soon.
    So get the T11 gloves after the Leggings to complete 4T11, then get the Relic (which is BIS) and the Boots.

Also, buy Tsanga's and the necklace from AH. They are BIS for 359.

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Buying the T11 chest is a big mistake. The one off Atramedes is better.
    Your next purchase should be the T11 Leggings which is BIS.
    I would skip on getting Fluid Death, since the Heroic Essence of the Cyclone is better and should be available to you soon.
    So get the T11 gloves after the Leggings to complete 4T11, then get the Relic (which is BIS) and the Boots.

Also, buy Tsanga's and the necklace from AH. They are BIS for 359.
    He can only use 1 offpiece, though, so its a choice between Tsanga's or the Sark

Generally it is not a choice, because the T11 helm is the hardest to get.
    So typically you get the Tsanga's, Sark, ODS shoulders, T11 Legs and Gloves first, eventually replacing the Sark with T11 chest (for the 4T11 bonus) when you win the T11 shoulder token from Cho'gall.

Agile Bio-Optic Killshades

Would the head piece for engineers (Agile Bio-Optic Killshades) be good if the cogwheel sockets are placed for crit (Smooth Cogwheel) and mastery (Fractured Cogwheel) with the cata agi/crit gem (Agile Shadowspirit Diamond)? Right now I'm wearing a helmet out of a heroic dungeon which I can't remember the name right now.

Deleted
    It's definitely better than a blue helm yes, below Tsanga's but about equal to T11 helm. I'll add it to the gear list in the guide.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-04-19 at 05:25 PM.

The Engineering helm will be a great substitute for those that are having a hard time getting Tsanga's.

Hi,

Last night Seliza's Spear dropped for me and I replaced Darlking Staff with it, as the itemisation seemed better and the weapon DPS is slightly ,0.1, higher. I now check the gear values this morning and notice the following:

4230 Darkling Staff (HD) - Heroic: The Stonecore - High Priestess Azil
    4217 Seliza's Spear (HD) - Heroic: Lost City of the Tol'Vir - General Husam / High Prophet Barim0

Why would the staff be ranked as better? Surely Mastery + Crit > Mastery + Hit?

What have I missed? Am i just being dense?

There's 404 total secondary stat points on the Darkling Staff and 383 total secondary stat points on the Seliza's Spear.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes it looks like an itemisation bug however

while the spear has 28 more mastery rating it has 51 less of the other stat

and since 4.0.6 crit / haste are realy close just slightly higher then hit / exp
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    It's not a bug, it's the way itemization works. If the secondary stats have equal amount, there will be a greater amount of them than if they differ in amounts (some sort of quadratic formula).