Hello,I m posting here after a while,but i was reading this thread carefully.

I have few questions that are bothering me,some are partially answered tho,and could use some advises from my fellow cats

1. I have 2t12 without any t11,so my question is,is it worth reforging mastery off for exp/haste?

2. With 4t12 bonus,we will have problem with TF,since we wont be able to use TF while extended zerk is up,so i was wondering how will you deal with this,i m pretty used to have tf up for every 2nd rake and i manage to get rip into that 6sec window.

3. I think that i saw this somewhere while i was re-reading some old posts,is it now worth to delay to apply rip/rake if you are getting your TF cd in ~5 or less sec? Also,is it worth to reapply rake with TF if there is 2 or more ticks of it?

4. Last but not the least Would like to know more about shred position for Normal Majordomo,if anyone can post screen shot or video where he manage to do it, I would appreciate it

Regards

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    How are you guys doing in DPS on Ragnaros (10m)? I don't have a problem DPSing in p1 with Shred since we have tanks standing a bit to the left and melee to the right, but in p2 we use the tactic of having the raid stay on one side and move to the other side once seeds spawns. This means that I can't shred at all for the entire p2 which kinda sucks. What tactic is your guild using and how's your DPS? Post some logs!
    Actually, you can. While spreading out on one side make sure, the tanks are closest to the center. You can shred by moving as far behind him as possible. Just be sure to have Dash/Stampede and maybe Barkskin/SI ready. The latter you may need to reduce incoming damage from the lava field.

Is there any reason not to use the "Paragon hc strategy" in normal mode? They clump right before the boss and move out in a pack to one side to avoid bomb impact damage. And yeah I know it would reduce feral damage, I'm just curious if it is a valid strat for 25n.

---------- Post added 2011-08-01 at 05:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfury View Post
    4. Last but not the least Would like to know more about shred position for Normal Majordomo,if anyone can post screen shot or video where he manage to do it, I would appreciate it
    Got no screen atm, but position yourself between first leg and pincer and start shredding.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    In 25 Norm we put the ranged on the right, melee on the left, tanks on the right. Spread 6 yards, when seeds spawn everyone collapses in the middle. Every other collapse he drops his hammer, make sure to avoid that, spread back to left and right, etc. Normal is really easy and you can shred for 90% of it.

Heroic on the other hand, I'm noticing P2 is just like Al'akir. Mangle, mangle, mangle.
    we tried this in 10 man but found that using left and right positions spread our healers too thin, so we decided on just using 1 side and attacking from the front.
    It feels bad to not be able to use your best attack but realistically given our mechanics I don’t think we are punished as badly as it seems compared to other melee. If we miss a mangle we get energy refund and another chance, is a warrior misses a colossus smash that cool down is gone etc.

Mangle spammed top 20 rank on WoL and topped dps by a decent margin. It’s dropped to 30 now =P
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...&e=10924#Nayto

You can see Mangle accounts for about the same damage as shreds which are both lower % damage than usual.

I kept the shred glyph, not sure if that was the best option, but I figure there are only a few key times you need to maximize DPS (scions and phase 3) and I could shred during these phases.

I went for Mastery>exp>hit>other reforge as I’m running 2pT11&12 setup

First night we tried this I had a low exp/hit setup, I worked out 20+% of my attacks miss/dodge/parry from the front. Was very difficult to maintain rotation. Also Exp is the best way to increase Add damage
    (Slightly off topic question- do we get the same energy refund from parries?)

I went for Mastery>exp>hit>other reforge as I’m running 2pT11&12 setup

Deleted
    Is anyone feeling a little disappointed with how their DPS is looking with 4 piece t12?

Perhaps I'm doing something horrendously wrong, but I was definitely doing more with 2t11+2t12. I've tried various reforges from capping hit and exp to full haste or full mastery and various balances inbetween.

This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skerson/simple
    Here's the most recent Domo log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ve22d...?s=4238&e=4596
    And here's the previous week's: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/nei9g...?s=5697&e=6107

I realise the previous week's kill took longer and I got to use zerk 3 times instead of 2, but should that really account for the difference?

lol, you did 900 dps less, that could easily be accounted for by the berserk during execute phase, and totally within the realm of RNG.

From what I can tell without looking to deeply the main difference is your guildies lifted their game.
    Last edited by Nayto; 2011-08-03 at 12:31 AM.

Actually check duration of fight and number of your melee swings, you were /afk or soaking orbs in cat phase; around 240 melee swings /60secs is like 4 mins melee up-time on boss from almost 6mins. Don't get me wrong i w8 boss in cat phase to come back in melee range and ignore adds myself, but if i have SR almost off and no combos on boss i just rake add and refresh SR while hes not in melee range or just tab target and do minimal dmg on adds, any dps>no dps might be diff between these 2 logs.
    Also i'm geting pissed when i see from my 45% raidbuffed crit most abilities in range 33%-38% criting.
    side note: i don't do 10mans on my druid :P

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    Also i'm geting pissed when i see from my 45% raidbuffed crit most abilities in range 33%-38% criting.
    Crit chance taken from character tab is against lvl 85 mobs. Against lvl 88 mob (which is boss for example), the crit chance is a little bit lower (4.8% lower to be precize).
    Last edited by Xenerix; 2011-08-03 at 01:43 AM.

Is it DPS increase to always refresh both rake and Rip when you pop TF no matter how long duration it's left of those abilities?

Deleted
    Rip is generally not worth refreshing; Rake should only be refreshed if there's less than 9 seconds left on the duration.

Deleted
    shortly: nope.

longer: It depends on rake time left (Leafkiller Ovale script shows that you can clip non-TFed rake with TFed rake when there's a at max 8 seconds left on Rake).
    As far as i know rip clipping is always a dps loss (i don't count reapplying the rake/rip before the last tick as clipping because simply you do not loose any tick)) but i am not a math-type guy so can't give precise numbers.

I try to TF every CD but there are situations sometimes, when I wait like ~2 seconds (becasue Rip has few seconds left) to put a TFed Rip.

Edit: I haven't seen Mihir post before submitting mine ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Rip is generally not worth refreshing
    Maybe once you start using FB again, but before that, you wouldn't spend those CPs anyway, unless SR dropped off a few seconds ago.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Which everyone should be doing since the FB buff in 4.2?

I was under the impression that you'd need 4T12 (or 2T12, slash loss of 4T11 already?) for that.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Rip is generally not worth refreshing; Rake should only be refreshed if there's less than 9 seconds left on the duration.
    The timer for when we can clip is 3 seconds left of Rake and 2 seconds left of Rip right?

If I use TF when Rake has more than 3 seconds duration, should I wait for as long as possible and just refresh Rake right before TF runs out (the 6 seconds duration)?
    Rake example 1: Rake has 10 seconds left when I use TF. Should I refresh Rake at 9, 7 or 5 seconds left? TF buff runs out when Rake has 4 seconds left.

Should I never refresh Rip unless there's only one tick left?
    Rip example 1: Rip has 10 seconds left when I use TF. Should I refresh Rip and 5 seconds left (right before TF buff runs out), or should I let TF run out and refresh Rip when there's only one tick left of it?

Rip example 2: Rip has 6 seconds left when I use TF. Should I refresh Rip at 5 seconds left, or should I wait until there's 1 second left with refreshing it?

The examples above are assuming that TF gets used asap every time it comes off CD, which leads to my next questions:

1. Should we ever delay TF to be able to get Rip refreshed during TF? Using Rip example 1, should I instead wait with TF 3 seconds, so I would be able to put up a TFed Rip when the old Rip has <2 seconds left of it?

2. If rake only should be refreshed with TF if it has 9 seconds or less left, we should technically be able to refresh Rake on every TF, since Rake has a duration of 15 seconds and TF lasts for 6 seconds?

DURIDS IS MUST ALWAYZ HALP EECH OTHER!!!
    Last edited by Zheryn; 2011-08-03 at 04:14 PM.

... and they said feral rotations got EASIER with Cataclysm. Ha.

It is easier, mangle became 1 minute debuff, savage roar and rake timer increased. I sorta miss the old feral :[

Unheeded warning got a stealth nerf... sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfonia View Post
    Unheeded warning got a stealth nerf... sigh.
    What did they change and when?

Edit: Found it: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Change-(nerf)

The proc is now AP instead of weapon damage.

So I guess Any trinket over ilvl 359 will be better than this one?
    Last edited by Zheryn; 2011-08-03 at 09:07 PM.

Confirmed. :-/ Five days ago, I've said that I am tired of UW and probably change it even for normal Hungerer when it drops...but this is too soon! Anyway, I have to do some quick math but I expect that even http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/69001/a will be better now.

Got the 391 Fandral's... At first i was like WOOOHOOO THE BEST DAY OF MA LIF!!!
    Now i'm bugged by this:
    1) Mew tells that haste is way better than other secondary stats (~1.6, others are ~1.3 and lower);
    2) I must keep my crit rating higher than haste or mastery for the ragnarod trinket to proc on crit;
    3) I CAN'T get my haste higher than crit or mastery;
    4) I have thousands of options how to reforge and my mind is going to blow up.

Please help me

upd
    And UW got nerfed... Aww that sucks. I have 2p t12 only, so it seems my best choice of what i have are 384 Rag trinket and H Prestor...
    Ugggh, so 1mil iterations + those 2 trinkets + 1608 mastery, 1347 haste, 1700 crit, 838 hit and 253 expertise. I'm going to sleep :/
    Last edited by calibro; 2011-08-03 at 10:12 PM.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!