Cower is as close to useless as useless gets. If it was off the GCD AND didn't cost Energy, it'd be worth weaving into some rotations. If it dropped all aggro but still used a GCD and cost Energy, it'd be worth using. But a 10% threat drop that costs Energy and a GCD is useless.

Pulling threat through a Hand of Salvation is pretty embarrassing. Doing it twice on consecutive pulls on H Shannox is enough to make me want to just auto-attack for the whole fight. :X

If you have mds and trix, Id prob say ur tank threat isn't the greatest or maybe have him go for some expertise over survivability. My pally tank pops wings and his threat shoots up. Most of the time, I dont even watch my omen because if i dont aggro during berserk then I wont aggro afterwards.

Try having your tank put on a dps/threat trinket if he has no issue surviving.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm having HUGE agro issues, and my combat rogue has also been tricksing me, so now I have to cower on CD for a large amount of the fight. I like getting tricks'ed but got damn, Rag, even before I was getting tricks'ed, I was sitting at 90% threat consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post
    I'm having HUGE agro issues, and my combat rogue has also been tricksing me, so now I have to cower on CD for a large amount of the fight. I like getting tricks'ed but got damn, Rag, even before I was getting tricks'ed, I was sitting at 90% threat consistently.
    Is the rogue using /cancelaura to drop the threat transfer (while leaving you with the damage boost)? I don't get our rogues' TotT, and haven't played mine in ages, so don't know for certain but am assuming they can still do that.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Ragekitty View Post
    Cower is as close to useless as useless gets. If it was off the GCD AND didn't cost Energy, it'd be worth weaving into some rotations. If it dropped all aggro but still used a GCD and cost Energy, it'd be worth using. But a 10% threat drop that costs Energy and a GCD is useless.

Pulling threat through a Hand of Salvation is pretty embarrassing. Doing it twice on consecutive pulls on H Shannox is enough to make me want to just auto-attack for the whole fight. :X
    Hmm, it sounds like you got tanks with threat issues, I've never pulled aggro on any fight besides Majordomo on heroic! It's obviously annoying to user cower when you're burning all your cooldowns, but it's better than being dead .

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleet View Post
    Hmm, it sounds like you got tanks with threat issues, I've never pulled aggro on any fight besides Majordomo on heroic! It's obviously annoying to user cower when you're burning all your cooldowns, but it's better than being dead .
    I'm pretty sure our tanks aren't hit/expertise capped in order to get more dodge/block/parry/HP, so when they miss/get parried/get dodged 3-4 times in a row and I'm attacking from behind while hit/expertise capped, I don't stand a chance of NOT pulling threat. The best thing I can do in that situation is talk to a paladin buddy and pray that his Salv hits me in time to not pull threat.

Well I have sometimes aggro issue as well. It's kinda crazy burst with: pre-pot, BL, TF + Berserk, Matrix + APS. However Occuthar with pugs is much more fun, I must use cower every cd even on 10% boss health.

I pulled aggro on H Rag once, but then our tank had _really bad_ streak of dodges/misses.
    Other than that i can't pull aggro from our tanks: berserk, pre-potion, prestor's + matrix.

upd
    Prot paladin + prot warrior.
    On rag we have like 3-4 hunters mdirecting and 1-2 rogues for tricks, i guess that is enough)
    Last edited by calibro; 2011-08-11 at 07:18 AM.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Quote Originally Posted by calibro View Post
    I pulled aggro on H Rag once, but then our tank had _really bad_ streak of dodges/misses.
    Other than that i can't pull aggro from our tanks: berserk, pre-potion, prestor's + matrix.
    Good for you (wish i had your tanks)

25-man should have no problem with all those MDs and TotTs. When I'm tanking Ragnaros (10-man) I usually save my Berserk for the first intermission, so I let the warrior start with Recklessness and Inner Rage and it's fine. A thing most tanks don't know is that when your Arcane mage is doing 50k DPS (more in 25-man I guess) at the start and is at like 150% of the tank's threat with Mirrors up, the tank can taunt to get that threat before the mage invis.

Basiclly the only encounter we open with BL is Majordomo so that's where I have to watch omen a little bit. We usually have like 1-2 hunters and 1-2 rogues so I guess it would be better with more of these classea even with all the cd running.
    Last edited by Xenerix; 2011-08-11 at 02:36 PM.

Wahuaha i got Dks and Ret pallys that pull before i do if aggro becomes a situation
    So im a safe kitty
    But when i do pull, i hope my ~30% dodge comes into play

I can only speak for 10 man normal modes as that's the only thing I have done, but yeah the threat issues are pretty bad. I WILL pull aggro on single target mobs if I open standard with CDs and tank gets MDed. On boss fights our warrior open up with recklessness and I wait for about 4 seconds before charging in, our tank gets MD and I get salvation and use cower and I can still (rarely) get aggro if the tank gets some misses/dodges etc (it's so retarded that tanks can't go for caps), and I crit most of my stuff.

It's also pretty damn lame to have to use cower on CD for the first part of a fight, and sometimes have to stop using abilities for a few seconds during berserk and just sit there at 100 energy...

The way encounters are designed nowadays (you kinda have to maximise your DPS, can't really have people doing less damage than they should just to not pull aggro), and the way tanking works with vengence stacking up I really believe we need something better to reduce aggro in the start of a fight. It's just weird that hunters and rogues both have a threat-transfer AND a total threat dropper AND rogues have a threat reducer that costs no energy and reduces aoe dmg taken while ferals who are one of the classes doing most threat only have a 20 energy 10% threat reducer.

Give ferals something of this:

A) Complete threat dropper on a 2-3 min CD.
    B) Make Cower reduce all threat we do by 50% for the next 10-15 seconds with a 40-100 seconds CD.
    C) Make Cower cost no energy (possibly off the GCD) and make it reduce our threat by 15-30%.

---------- Post added 2011-08-12 at 12:27 AM ----------

Also, how big difference would it be in getting a haste proc or crit proc from matrix? I have really no chance at getting my haste over my crit so would it be better that I pass matrix for our hunter and grab hungerer myself or doesn't it make a big difference?

My armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zheryn/simple

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    wondering if I should go back to reforging 2pc t11 and 2pc t12 into haste/crit mastery instead of reforging for hit expertise cap
    Gaming Rig:
    Intel i5 3570k OC @4.5 / Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 / Corsair Vengance 1600 ddr3 (16gigs) / Crucial M4 128gig (system/games), 1tb Western Digital 7,200 (file drive) / AMD Radeon 7950 / Corsair Carbide 600t / Seasonic M12II 620w / Asus 24inch LCD / Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Gino View Post
    wondering if I should go back to reforging 2pc t11 and 2pc t12 into haste/crit mastery instead of reforging for hit expertise cap

Well tbh i really don't see much profit in 10% rake dmg> stats on 378 offset gear and from my logs it ticks less than rip and 2ce less ticks during standard 5min+ encounter droping to about 12% our overal dmg or might go to like 15% if you stacked mastery and not hit/exp caped and miss a lot Shreds/melee. Also depends a lot of your gear i felt fine with around 7% hit and 15 expertize when i was using 2t11+2t12 and was able to keep mastery at 16=50% bleeds with haste just 20rating over for matrix proc. But still proc is tricky i had 30% uptime of 1624 crit rating on baleroc coz of EotC procs right b4 matrix QQ so now i can only w8 and hope for hungerer to disable that part of rng and get haste proc always :P

And Zheryn you can but you would like to drop some of your hit/exp especially coz you won't miss too much or get dodged/parried attacks, and drop mastery also than it should be fine. Also you can switch hands enchant for 50 exp. And i think your investing VPs in wrong parts hoping for BH drops since ring+relic is 1950VPs just a bit more and you could have bought legs and get nearer to 4t12 since you have shoulders already, but that's just personal i personally bought tier 1st coz no luck in BH with drops.
    Tip: grab Martix if you can its damn good trink with insane uptime
    Last edited by Macor; 2011-08-12 at 07:01 AM.

The 2T11 bonus generally speaking is competitive with or better than 2 non-tier 378 pieces, even if it's normal 2T11. If possible I would recommend keeping hands and shoulders as they have the least amount of stats (so you are losing out on less stats by not using 378). As a general rule you shouldn't reforge to crit since ferals typically have a high crit chance already.

Regarding Zheryn's hand enchant. 20 agi is better than just about anything except 65 mastery; the two are competitive at higher gear levels.

I know it has been asked a lot, but after the Unheeded Warning nerf i have to re-evaluate my trinekts. I have the following choices:

Unheeded Warning
    Quicksilver Alchemist Stone
    DMC:Hurricane
    Fluid Death

Rawr lists Fluid Death as the best choice but somehow doesnt rate the DMC or Alch Stone. Is the proc from DMC good enough to outdo 30 agi and 194 crit?
    Or is Unheeded Warning still best on ilvl 359?

Thx in Advance!
    Newti - unplugged (EU Eredar) - 6/8 HC, 7/7 HC, 13/13 HC

DMC comparatively sucks. Of the 359 trinkets FD is the best. Given your options, I'd roll with FD+Alch. On a strictly per-point basis, UW is better than the Alch stone, but you will lose some rip uptime due to "stronger spell is active" which may or may not push Alch above UW.

Hi.

Should I stick with FD/Unheeded after nerf or should I do the dailies (bah) to get that crystal-trinket-thingy?

Also, I currently roll with http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aerden/simple - but tomorrow i'll get t12 gloves available.. so I am wondering if I should buy the t12 gloves and just roll with 1 piece of t11(since the damn shoulders never drop) or should I buy necklace of smoke signals and continue farming for t11 shoulders until I can afford gloves?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerden View Post
    Hi.

Should I stick with FD/Unheeded after nerf or should I do the dailies (bah) to get that crystal-trinket-thingy?

Also, I currently roll with http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aerden/simple - but tomorrow i'll get t12 gloves available.. so I am wondering if I should buy the t12 gloves and just roll with 1 piece of t11(since the damn shoulders never drop) or should I buy necklace of smoke signals and continue farming for t11 shoulders until I can afford gloves?
    It really is a shame that so many people are too lazy (or dumb?) to read the first post of this guide. I wonder how some get their things done in RL...

Trash UW, get T12 shoulders. As long as you're not progressing heroic T12 content, you'd be fine with 378 offset items. I wouldn't even think of farming old content to push my dps since it may very well be obsolete in a heartbeat.