mihir under the reforge section is crit>mastery still true while wearing 4pct12? my mew sim on a 9min fight tends to value crit at 1.16 and mastery at 1.28

i am using ancient petrified seed and i guess on use increases value of mastery a bit considering that u can bind it with tf and renew dots.
    is there any calculations on whether its a dps increase to clip rip with aps activated? or does rip tick more only when trinket buff is up and drops back to normal when it falls off.

Deleted
    Bleed dmg is calculated in the moment of application and for the whole duration of the bleed, whether it's rip or rake.

Deleted
    Generating RSVs directly from Mew is not advisable, as the generated values are subject to local minima/maxima and such, and are very tightly tied to the exact combination of input stats. Rather, you should just input different combinations of stats, run with a high number of iterations (100k minimum, 1-10M recommended) and then look at the resulting dps.

Rip clipping has been attempted in multiple ways but never been shown as a dps increase. And yes, rip takes a snapshot of your stats, so any procs that were active will affect the entire duration of the rip, even if the proc disappears halfway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekthelion View Post
    Bleed dmg is calculated in the moment of application and for the whole duration of the bleed, whether it's rip or rake.
    To add to that, this refers to buffs on yourself, but not debuffs on the target, most importantly Mangle, but also encounter-specific "increased damage taken" debuffs, e.g. Al'akir's Feedback - those debuffs apply to each hit/tick separately.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2011-10-10 at 11:53 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Guide update: Updated the Relative Stat Values and Reforging parts:

4T12
    Weapon damage: 6.4
    Agility: 3.8
    Exp: 1.291
    Hit: 1.29
    Haste: 1.27
    Mastery: 1.241
    Crit: 1.24

No 4T12
    Mastery: 1.291
    Haste: 1.271
    Crit: 1.27
    Exp: 1.241
    hit: 1.24
    Wearing 4T12: exp (to 781) >= hit (to 961) >> haste >> mastery >= crit

Otherwise: mastery >> haste >= crit >> exp (to 781) >= hit (to 961)

Deleted
    Mihir relative stat values literally change with every gear upgrade, so on what basis you calculated these?

Deleted
    Running 1M Mew simulation runs with a big variety of itemlevel, stat distribution and activated set bonuses to determine their dps with a <1.5 stdev, then looking at emerging trends. The resulting RSVs are pretty consistent for all of the used gear levels.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-10-11 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Not as many pure feral cats in 10s, more tank offspec cats.
    Indeed. I remembered when I tanked Chim hc back at the start of Cata and went cat when I could to help DPS. Somehow I got labeled cat DPS by WoL and still got rank 30;>

There's also the time I beat wRank 1 on AC by 1k DPS by multidotting. There's just not many ferals in 10s, which I find strange since you can do so many crazy tactics, at least in t11, if you have one.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you start the encounter in cat or bear it does it detection based on that. When I start Beth in bear for taunts I get labeled as a tank every time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that's not true. I got ranked plenty of times as bear when I did an encounter as cat, the tank died at 5-10%, and I went bear for the last few %.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alternatively, I'm a DPS that uses a hybrid spec for Beth so that I taunt/tank all of the spinners by the spiderlings (<3 mind sear) and our other bear kites the drone around until the lings are dead (at which point the dps go back to the drone). I've never been ranked as a bear though.
    Zongxian (Brewmaster) Nimai (Holy) Israa (Kitty) ßlossom (Enhance) Aevera (Prot)
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz - ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3 - XFX Radeon HD 7970@1GHz - 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance (1600MHz) - 2x OCZ AgilityIII 128GB + 2x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB - Coolermaster HAF 932
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (2012), Logitech G13, Logitech G700, Astro A50.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's not true. I got ranked plenty of times as bear when I did an encounter as cat, the tank died at 5-10%, and I went bear for the last few %.
    Weird then. Same to your Sarad. I got ranked as bear almost every time it started to frustrate me. I would tank 1 drone with cooldowns so the warrior tank could have unlimited taunts.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    There was such issue before on WoL. You had just use few bear abilities to get ranked as bear.

Now it works really simple:
    They count amount of cat abilities and bear abiltities, i.e. mangle(cat), rip, shred, swipe(cat) vs mangle(bear), maul, swipe(bear). If there is more cat abilities than bear abilities, you will be ranked as cat.

Deleted
    But there's still one guy on Staghelm hc with 52k dps as a bear ... he used Maul and Lacerate once, I think. Weird

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    No 4T12
    Mastery: 1.291
    Haste: 1.271
    Crit: 1.27
    Exp: 1.241
    hit: 1.24
    How's this gonna be effected by the new set bonuses? Seems like 2 set would up the value of crit/haste/exp/hit, and the latter, crit and maybe hit/exp, if not by a lot, then at least a bit. It doesn't look like either of them would affect mastery, of course this is based on 0 math.

2T13 may affect the value of mastery. How significant it is... I'm not sure if it is at all significant (this is assuming that being able to FB at any CP to refresh rip as opposed to having to 5cp rip to refresh it between 25% and 60% improves rip uptime). I don't foresee either bonus having an effect on hit/exp. Crit would probably see the biggest benefit, followed by haste.

Deleted
    Mastery will rise in value due to the 10% ap melee buff, since bleeds are based purely on AP.
    Last edited by mmocbe32c89b1a; 2011-10-12 at 11:56 PM.

AP gives Weap DPS, so all of our damage will be increased. I wouldn't correlate it with a rise in Mastery value, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Healingftw View Post
    Mastery will rise in value due to the 10% ap melee buff, since bleeds are based purely on AP.
    As Selverein mentioned, an AP increase would increase basically increase everything. Though it would likely buff mastery the most, since our direct damage abilities scale off weapon damage too. How much more? Not sure, I'd be willing to bet around 3-4% more. I'll let the sims determine that number.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    There was such issue before on WoL. You had just use few bear abilities to get ranked as bear.

Now it works really simple:
    They count amount of cat abilities and bear abiltities, i.e. mangle(cat), rip, shred, swipe(cat) vs mangle(bear), maul, swipe(bear). If there is more cat abilities than bear abilities, you will be ranked as cat.
    Hmm are you sure? I recall back in WotLK I very temporarily overaggroed Lady Deathwhisper hc once, got one single stack of the threat debuff and that was enough for me to get ranked as bear. I always thought WoL checked some kind of debuff/buff or damage taken if none was available. That fight was pretty long and I would guess I spent 95% of the time in cat form, definitely doing more cat abilities then bear ones.