Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superfula View Post
    You shouldn't be using Glyph of SR at all, as it's a dps loss thanks to the buffs we received back in mid Oct. At 85 perhaps, but currently the best three are Rip, Shred and Berserk.
    Glyph of Berserk gets you 5 second of cheaper abilities per 3 minutes, = ~75 energy. With shred's DPE of 250 this is a total of ~19k damage/3min.

Glyph of Savage Roar increases autoattack damage from 1.5x normal to 1.55x normal. With 18% of your dmg being autoattack your dps will improve by 0.667%. With a total dps of 16.5k this is 18k damage over 3 minutes.

Conclusion: they are extemely close to eachother, and which one is better for you probably depends a lot on how well you can keep up SR vs how well you time your Berserk, and if you get 2 berserks or one during the encounter.

You're pretty much waiting for energy at the end of a berserk anyways

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it true that Tiger's Fury buffing bleeds for their whole duration is a bug? I was excited that Kitties would have this as an aspect of our rotation to help separate the elite from teh nublets.
    Last edited by Minotaure; 2010-11-09 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    It's unknown if it's a bug or not. But it doesn't make sense at all when compared to the change to SR. Why remove bleed dependency on SR then add a new dependency to TF?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    It's unknown if it's a bug or not. But it doesn't make sense at all when compared to the change to SR. Why remove bleed dependency on SR then add a new dependency to TF?
    Has any tried to get a blue response on the subject? I'm curious myself.

Deleted
    It's in the (awesome) http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...91403280&sid=1 thread which has unfortunately been ignored by blue sofar.

Hi

I was just wondering if someone made the math on Tiny abom in a jar (277) for ferals now in 4.x.

grabbed it with my old guild for funsies, if it ever would turn and get useful.

Deleted
    With the removal of arpen and hit rating going down in value, it's even more worthless than before.

Hey Mihir, i realised the crit cap numbers in your original post has bumped up to 67.05% instead of the 66.3% from what i remembered(also from Yawning)
    Is this an accurate valuation?

Deleted
    I adjusted it upwards to compensate for only 23 expertise needed at level 80.

Here is something I've noticed that I felt I should bring up: I noticed that my FB, when I had spare combo points and nothing to reapply anytime soon, was hitting like a wet noodle. 20k+ crits--and yes, with bare minimum energy. While sitting around and pooling energy (while making sure nothing was about to fall off) I could hit that 40k+ mark... but I began to think, is it worth it?
    I can easily get over 30k damage with two shreds instead of that noodley around-minimum energy FB, and along the same line of thinking, I'm sure the shred damage would be over 40k by the time the energy was ready for the maximum damage FB.

So, I changed my rotation. I only FB'd when 1) Berserk was up for maximum FB damage, and with the rate of combo point generation up from decreased energy, well, was a gain, or 2) when blood in the water was up. Obvious reasons. 3) Because my brain still hasn't quiet gotten into this new rotation mindset I was trying, and seeing five combo points and notihng to spend them on, I'd FB (whoops, oh well). Granted, I only got to do the second part once last night since we were doing H LK. And I noticed a fairly large gain in dps.

...my question is, am I just doing something horribly wrong to undervalue ferocious bite, or has it seriously changed so much with the lack of ArPen that I shouldn't be surprised?

And, not related to the FB question, since we don't really go for hit and exp anymore and since agility gives more ap now, might it be more valuable to drop the Ashen Band (currently my only source of hit), and instead put on a 277 ring with more agility? I'm not sure what the overall value of the ashen band's proc is (how much of a static gain it would be overall) compared to that provided by extra agility.

Being soft crit cap, the next best stat to get would be hit/exp. However, all gear should otherwise have been reforged to obtain mastery, how else would it be possible to get hit/exp? Gemming would not seem viable as well, as Agility is the primary and biggest boost gain for Ferals.

Deleted
    Only viable way is to lower crit by reforging it instead of haste (can even get some more mastery this way if the item has more crit than haste), or by switching in items with more hit/exp (but make sure you don't lose any agi this way). If you can't do either of those you should probably just stay over the soft crit cap.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeKitty View Post
    Here is something I've noticed that I felt I should bring up: I noticed that my FB, when I had spare combo points and nothing to reapply anytime soon, was hitting like a wet noodle. 20k+ crits--and yes, with bare minimum energy. While sitting around and pooling energy (while making sure nothing was about to fall off) I could hit that 40k+ mark... but I began to think, is it worth it?
    I can easily get over 30k damage with two shreds instead of that noodley around-minimum energy FB, and along the same line of thinking, I'm sure the shred damage would be over 40k by the time the energy was ready for the maximum damage FB.

So, I changed my rotation. I only FB'd when 1) Berserk was up for maximum FB damage, and with the rate of combo point generation up from decreased energy, well, was a gain, or 2) when blood in the water was up. Obvious reasons. 3) Because my brain still hasn't quiet gotten into this new rotation mindset I was trying, and seeing five combo points and notihng to spend them on, I'd FB (whoops, oh well). Granted, I only got to do the second part once last night since we were doing H LK. And I noticed a fairly large gain in dps.

...my question is, am I just doing something horribly wrong to undervalue ferocious bite, or has it seriously changed so much with the lack of ArPen that I shouldn't be surprised?

And, not related to the FB question, since we don't really go for hit and exp anymore and since agility gives more ap now, might it be more valuable to drop the Ashen Band (currently my only source of hit), and instead put on a 277 ring with more agility? I'm not sure what the overall value of the ashen band's proc is (how much of a static gain it would be overall) compared to that provided by extra agility.
    So you say:

35 energy FB does 20k crit (and has +25% crit chance compared to shred).
    70 energy FB does 40k crit
    2 shreds do 30k for 80 energy

Seems clear to me what to do :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Only viable way is to lower crit by reforging it instead of haste (can even get some more mastery this way if the item has more crit than haste), or by switching in items with more hit/exp (but make sure you don't lose any agi this way). If you can't do either of those you should probably just stay over the soft crit cap.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 04:35 PM ----------

So you say:

35 energy FB does 20k crit (and has +25% crit chance compared to shred).
    70 energy FB does 40k crit
    2 shreds do 30k for 80 energy

Seems clear to me what to do :P
    I suppose in numbers only, yes, it is what you should do, but it doesn't really explain why I was finding a gain when I did not wait for that 70 energy to generate. I'm rather confused on that point.
    Though in numbers only, it brings up another interesting point--35 energy bite for 20k, or wait for 70 energy to bite for 40k when you could just do two 35 energy bites for 40k?
    No, perhaps that is wrong--I, and no doubt others, rarely bite at exactly 35 energy, so there would be extra energy there for conversion, netting those random 30k bites you'll see every now and then.
    I suppose I need to retry the rotation and figure out where I went wrong to net a gain where, logically, there should not be one.

Also, any input on the ring question? I honestly can't decide myself--without it, I feel like I notice my misses far too much, though it might only because I'm very conscious of the lack of hit and am looking for those misses. Though the ring I as testing with was not exactly... optimal, I guess I should say? Considering it had 60 expertise on it instead of a more useful stat.

Deleted
    1 bite of 40k is preferable to 2 bites for 2x 20k since you need half the combopoints for that

and yes, by all means get rid of the rep ring, the proc rate is horrible and it has a lot less agi than a regular 277 ring.

In regards to the crit cap I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this. So lets see if I have this straight (after staring at the section for an hour I think I do :P )

In short: (51.99 + hit + exp - (agi / 75.45)) * 45.93.
    Unbuffed in caster form I open my char sheet and take the hit % number , exp % number , and my agi and input those into the formula and get a crit rating number and if I have any additional crit rating over that number it would be better suited to reforge some of that to mastery ?

TY in advance for any help. Switching to feral druid for my main in cata and coming from 3 years of playing melee plate rewiring my brain to accept not getting hit capped this throwing me off

Deleted
    Yep, that's correct

---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 08:55 AM ----------

woo 1k posts!

I was messing around in class and came out with this

double hit = 0, exp = 0, agi = 0, answer = 0;

Console.WriteLine("Type in hit ");
    hit = Convert.ToDouble(Console.ReadLine());
    Console.WriteLine("Type in exp");
    exp = Convert.ToDouble(Console.ReadLine());
    Console.WriteLine("Type in agi");
    agi = Convert.ToDouble(Console.ReadLine());

answer = (agi / 75.45) - 51.99 + hit + exp * 45.93;

Console.WriteLine("The answer is " + answer);

Console.ReadKey();

for people that are programming , is it right? (this is C#)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fannar View Post
    I was messing around in class and came out with this

double hit = 0, exp = 0, agi = 0, answer = 0;

Console.WriteLine("Type in hit ");
    hit = Convert.ToDouble(Console.ReadLine());
    Console.WriteLine("Type in exp");
    exp = Convert.ToDouble(Console.ReadLine());
    Console.WriteLine("Type in agi");
    agi = Convert.ToDouble(Console.ReadLine());

answer = (agi / 75.45) - 51.99 + hit + exp * 45.93;

Console.WriteLine("The answer is " + answer);

Console.ReadKey();

for people that are programming , is it right? (this is C#)
    It should do it, allthough i wonder if it aint smarter to put a boolean into ReadKey.