Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkmur View Post
    I once again ran Mew with the most up to date model v393 and it continues to show Berserk as a 50 dps increase over TF. I also looked on EJ for a discussion about rake clipping with TF and didn't see it. Do you have a source for this? I would love to look it over.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t106081-...5/#post1802818

I guess it might be out of date again, will need to check into it myself when i got time :P

raiding and work taking all my time atm

I was using the toskk method of simulating and I think that was the problem. Apparently rake clipping only works in the experimental model.

Anyway, I was still confused as hell how this could possibly be a dps increase so I asked on the mew discussion boards. ShmooDude did a fantastic job of explaining it and now it makes sense. If anyone else is having a hard time wrapping your head around the concept, check out

http://druid.wikispaces.com/message/...25653417?o=300

And again thanks Mihir, I base a lot of my feral knowledge on your work. I appreciate it.

Mihir,
    First of all, thanks for the great guide! I'm pretty new to druids, and have a question about my leveling rotation before I get shred and rip, I'm lvl 32 currently. Right now, at least when I'm fighting something that won't die in the first 5-6 sec, this is my opening:
    Charge->Pounce->Mangle->TF->Rake->Ravage->FB and I just keep using mangle until I get a 5 CP FB while keeping Rake up.
    Does this seem like an optimal rotation/priority set for a lower level druid? I've done a lot of searching on the forums and just haven't seen a good opening/priority for lower level druids. I like to establish the basics early when I start a new toon, in order to build on them as I go.

Deleted
    You have earned the achievement: [Heroic: Halfus Wyrmbreaker]
    You receive loot: [Malevolence]

\o/

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post

\o/
    You are the luckiest guy in the world.

Grats on the kill =)

\o/
    Gratz you lucky bastard, I lost normal mode one to bear tank who is terrible player (tank prio lolol) who cant use demo roar, pulv and gems 100% stamina :/.

/edit: Right Lyren noticed wrong.

Time to wipe WotLK stuff and replace with Cata ;]
    Last edited by Rapti; 2010-12-24 at 12:56 PM.

It's hard to say that it's *not* a dps increase, albeit an extremely minor, one-time one. I know I popped the 20agi/hit in my jp pants.

Scratch that, looked at armory. That's a *yellow* and blue slot, not red and blue. The 20 agi outweighs 20 hit + 20 mastery.
    Last edited by Lyren; 2010-12-24 at 12:49 PM.

is this for cataclysm aswell? just says 4.0.1

Deleted
    Yes it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    When is this guide being updated for cata?

Thanks for the fast replay Mihir. been looking for a while for a cata cat guide

Deleted
    Updated most stuff to lvl85. (professions/enchants/consumables/talents)

quick question about Endless Carnage

it increases rake by 6 sec ..so its extra ticks ? or same amount of tickes tho with bigger gaps ? some1 told me its the 2nd thing so that will make this talent not worth taking for pvp
    cry out

Deleted
    It's 2 extra ticks.

Deleted
    Weapon DPS
    Don't make the mistake of looking at weapon damage; the speed (and thus minimum/maximum damage) of a weapon have no influence on our paw DPS, only the DPS of the weapon is used.
    Any chance you'd like to elaborate why that is?
    Cause I really don't see why it wouldn't be based on weapon speed/max-min dmg of the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentiner View Post
    Cause I really don't see why it wouldn't be based on weapon speed/max-min dmg of the weapon.
    Our attack speed is based on cat form attack speed, completely unrelated to the weapon.
    Paw damage range is completely unrelated to the damage range of a weapon.

Does using Ferocious Bite while under Berserk lower the amount of extra energy that is converted into extra damage? I know it'll lower the cost of the FB itself, but not sure about the extra energy that FB will try to use. And if not, is it still better to use it over just pure shred spam in Berserk? I've been using Ovale and it suggests using FB regardless, but very often I find myself energy starved by the end of the Berserk. (Yes I'm waiting til 80+ energy to pop it)

Quote Originally Posted by Valentiner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Our attack speed is based on cat form attack speed, completely unrelated to the weapon.
    Paw damage range is completely unrelated to the damage range of a weapon.
    While the damage range is unrelated, Valentiner's correct in that the weapon's DPS directly impacts our 'paw' damage, and the damage of our direct damage abilities.

While I can't speak for the developers, my assumption is that they made the paw damage scale off of a weapon's DPS, vice its min/max damage, to make staffs on equal footing with polearms. Otherwise we would never want a staff, only polearms, because for any given ilevel a polearm is always going to be slower and have a higher max damage.

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol View Post
    Does using Ferocious Bite while under Berserk lower the amount of extra energy that is converted into extra damage? I know it'll lower the cost of the FB itself, but not sure about the extra energy that FB will try to use. And if not, is it still better to use it over just pure shred spam in Berserk? I've been using Ovale and it suggests using FB regardless, but very often I find myself energy starved by the end of the Berserk. (Yes I'm waiting til 80+ energy to pop it)
    No, it does not. Like you said, Berserk will half the base cost of Ferocious Bite, but Ferocious Bite will still take up to an additional 35 full energy. Even so, Ferocious Bite is still better DPE than Shred, so you should go ahead and use it during Berserk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    I don't PvP much, but I fought a Mage in Tol Barad one time. It was kind of like playing Wheel of Fortune. Except every space was Bankrupt.

regarding the feral 4 set considering most of the tier has treble stats would u have better dps just going 2set and getting rest offset

---------- Post added 2010-12-25 at 08:32 AM ----------

oh wait disregard the above post just re read the thread and found my answer

Was wondering... does Dark Intent proc work on our DoTs? Since bleeds are dots... it should right?
    Guess that could be covered in the guide too.