Poll: Do you like the ideia of Universe of Starcraft?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I never liked starcraft that much. I'm more comfortable with Warcrafts fantasy setting, i find it more compelling then warcraft IN SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    I would absolutely love a FPS-style MMO game. Think Modern Warfare in the WoW universe.

Just imagine...
    Savage Online <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    I never liked starcraft that much. I'm more comfortable with Warcrafts fantasy setting, i find it more compelling then warcraft IN SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!111
    What I dont understand is, why aren't there more lore universes out there that combine the magic side of fantasy with some actual technology instead of freakin swords and shit. I dont mean contrived steampunk shit either, but rather modern or near-future tech.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I like the idea. "Starcraft Universe" is a much better name though.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    I like the idea. "Starcraft Universe" is a much better name though.
    Yeah they could even hire the people on Stargate Universe to be voice actors in Starcraft Universe :O!!!111

Kevin Sorbo as Nova? I think so.

I forgot about Stargate when suggesting that. I knew it sounded too good to be original.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft mmo? lol. It'll be like WoW, but with only two races and one class. Who in their right mind would play that game?
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    I forgot about Stargate when suggesting that. I knew it sounded too good to be original.
    Yeah, but it still sounds cool

Beats the hell out of "Universe of Starcraft" or "World of Starcraft".

Quote Originally Posted by Promethax View Post
    Starcraft mmo? lol. It'll be like WoW, but with only two races and one class. Who in their right mind would play that game?
    Two races? /facepalm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

it would be incredibly hard to balance the game around the 3 races as an mmo i think..but ivv always wanted a sc mmo so id still play it

15+ Year Old Account
    1 class? =\

You don't know much about starcraft, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    it would be incredibly hard to balance the game around the 3 races as an mmo i think..but ivv always wanted a sc mmo so id still play it
    Well, in the REAL WORLD it would be nigh impossible to create a SC MMO.

But in the land of dreams and imagination, it is quite possible the most epic thing possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

if they did make a game other then an rts for sc itd prolly be something like avp

hell i just wana be able to rip terran from the ground into the vents above them like you kinda see in on of the sc 1 cinimatics

It would make a great setting, but it would NEVER be like Starcraft.

Every unit has a hard counter in Starcraft. Imagine deciding to play as a Zealot and coming across a Reaper. You lose!

The Zerg don't lend themselves well to being played as individual units.

At least if you were playing as Terran or Protoss, you could have some sort of progression.. start as a Marine, get gear to play as a reaper or a marauder or firebat or a medic or whatever, become a tank driver or fly in a Viking..
    Same with Protoss, start out life as a Zealot and become a Dark or High Templar. They'd have to write new lore to allow you to pilot things like Stalkers or Immortals though.

All the while, people would cry and rage because "it's not like Starcraft".
    It couldn't be, because if it was it would suck.

It would have to allow anyone who decided to stay as a Marine or Zealot to be just as powerful as someone who decided not to.

well in sc2 the major enemy now is waht xel naga and the zerg/protoss hyrbids? they could make it more pve focused with all the 3 main races joining into one faction to some extent i know there would be exceptions

or they could just make terran the only playable race with the diff classes being like marine/medic etc etc problem with this is you dont really have very much room for visual upgrades on gear itd prolly be something like the visual upgrades of gear in dawn of war with only a few extra peices added to the origonal

/shrug theres a lot of ideas that this game could be formatted into an mmo it would simply take a lot of time coming up with something that works

imo someone make me a dam mmo thats got rl physics and my character moves as i do irl, what im saying is i want someone to copy the movement system of the mechs in avatar and make me a game with it
    Last edited by tanksin the enhance shamy; 2010-10-20 at 10:12 AM.

If it would be called anything...

StarCraft: Universe
    or
    StarCraft: Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Isn't Eve ship combat, not characters? *Shrug*

I agree that as of yet, the technology to do a large-scale "universe" mmo isn't there, nor is the playerbase required to make it work properly.

Personally, I'm waiting for the "Plug into a chair and play the game as if you were actually the person" mmo...
    Dude, I’m also waiting for this kind of games. All those new games and play style we getting now are like 3D vision, use your body to play the game (Wii, Kinect etc…). Is improvement but not ground breaking sort of change.
    But if our mind can actually goes into the game and play as the character we created, or as the basketball player in the lastest NBA game. That will be truly amazing.

this man is right, except there would be two races (protoss and terran) and TWO classes (space marine and telepath)
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Deleted
    WoW has its own charm, distinct style and hence can hold against Warhammer Fantasy and even surpassed it in popularity.

Starcraft however, though popular cannot surpass Warhammer 40k in badassery. With Dark Millenium Online coming relatively soon, UoS would be doomed. Starcraft universe isn't 1/20 as deep and detailed as Warhammer 40k. Hardly anything to base a whole MMO on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    1 class? =\

You don't know much about starcraft, do you?
    Well, seeing how the Zerg would have to be the villains, and seeing how every other unit that isn't a vehicle is basicly a space marine with some variety in guns. Oh, wait! The protos have telepaths or something like that.

Sorry, 2 classes.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

Deleted
    Actually, Terran aren't short on classes - Ghost/Specter has a rich arsenal, so has Marine (especially if we add Firebat and Marauder to the pile), Medic is Medic, but can be a class too, Reaper can be made pretty interesting too. However, with Terran relying mainly on ranged power and protoss on melee/psionic, there would be tremendous disbalance in PvP (and in PvE - every boss fight would have to be favorable for all-ranged and all-melee raids equally). That is, if game would be faction vs. faction-based (like WoW). A more logical solution would be to have playable Protoss and Terran work together against NPC Zerg, with PvP between guilds only - think Guild Wars, Age of Conan and various corean trash.

BTW, now I think this could prove to be an interesting game =))
    but, still inferrior to Dark Millenium =)