How to Curb inflation between xpac

as most people know, a lot more gold is in circulation after each expansion pack.
    so i was wondering are there specific items one could buy that would have the same value (not in actual gold, but in worth) in both WotLK and Cata?
    thanks.
    i know this is sorta speculation but id still like peoples input

10+ Year Old Account
    low level trade goods like wool, enchanting mats, leather and other things of this sort won't have too much of a change in price. Wool stacks have been worth like 6g-7g for a while now and I don't think it will change too much.

what im trying to say is that in cata 30g might equal 6g in wotlk, so are you saying that wool will be worth more in cata?

Commonly used craft mats are best investments. Mid level ores, wool/runecloth/mageweaves are always solid. They're quite inflation proof as long as you invest them long term.

But cata is changing how profession lvling works. I doubt it will impact mcuh, but if making blue gear for multiple skill up is significantly better than mass making crap item / vendor, it might change demand on crafting mats market.

Edit: and azeroth flying might affect farming of end vanilla mats too. (Thorium being expensive etc)
    Last edited by Nij; 2010-10-16 at 07:21 PM.

so would you suggest i simply do nothing? between bc and wotlk what were items that remained constant in value?