Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Lack of snare is the main problem with ret right now /thread.

Also- dispel protection

I don't really play ret. I just like thinking up solutions for problems. I'm curious what some of the more seasoned players think of the following. What if long arm of the law placed a HoF buff on your for the same duration? In exchange, they'd probably have to give up guardian's favor. I feel like it would solve a lot of the problem. However, there's a good chance it would be too strong.

In 1v1's, it might be relatively balanced. It would effectively create a paladin dead-zone, an 8 yard range in which you're out of melee but not able to be judgemented for a free HoF. In arena and BG's, however, it would probably be problematic. There's a good chance that a paladin would be able to find a target in the right range to get the HoF. It would effectively give him a 50% uptime where he's immune to movement impairing effects (and +45% speed). Furthermore, he'd still have a 6 second HoF every 25 seconds.

not sure how it'd work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel View Post
    Hey Simplistic (and Requital too for that matter).. you guys failing doesn't mean the class fails.

It means that -you- fail. Some people clearly make it work, but you guys keep going "NO! NO! LIES! ALL LIES!! That's the ONLY possible explanation for why you do well while I don't!!".
    You don't seem to even consider for one second that the problem just might lie with you.
    classic eremiel. mind if i use this as my sig? this is too awesome to pass up
    you guys failing doesn't mean the class fails.

It means that -you- fail. Some people clearly make it work, but you guys keep going "NO! NO! LIES! ALL LIES!! That's the ONLY possible explanation for why you do well while I don't!!".
    You don't seem to even consider for one second that the problem just might lie with you.

tbh ive not posted on this forum much but i have been reading for quite a while now and Requital is pretty much the first person to jump down anyones throat when they say THEY are doing well or the class seems fine to them.. how about be less aggressive mate and if you dont agree, just dont post instead of causing a flame war in every post you read?

im enjoying ret and if you play smart, you win. simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel View Post
    Hey Simplistic (and Requital too for that matter).. you guys failing doesn't mean the class fails.

Hey Eremiel who cares?

Let's get a few things straight an idiot slamming on the keyboard could rack up 42 kills in WSG after 4.0.1 BGs since the patch are a joke. Excuse me but at no point and time we did we say Ret fails in BG's so learn to read. I'll give you an A for effort because you tried really hard to make us look bad but maybe some more practice will help.
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-10-21 at 06:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

so, then what are you posting here for? i mean, you're saying ret is terrible at pvp. when some in this thread present what has been their experiences in pvp, in 4.01, on live, and if their experience doesn't mesh with your ranting that ret is broken, you get become aggressive. those pvp experiences right now are limited to either dueling, world pvp, and/or bgs. the majority of the opinions about their own experiences in pvp is usually coming from a bg PoV. you've brought up arena. we can't arena right now. you've posted your point of view, let others post theirs w/o being flamed for not agreeing w/ your point of view.

i mean, we get it. you think ret fails in pvp. you also hate ret in pve from what i've garnered from other threads. we get that. why argue with others if they disagree with those statements of yours? (why bother continue to play a spec you apparently can't stand is beyond me, but that's your choice).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowShammy View Post
    so, then what are you posting here for? i mean, you're saying ret is terrible at pvp. when some in this thread present what has been their experiences in pvp, in 4.01, on live, and if their experience doesn't mesh with your ranting that ret is broken, you get become aggressive. those pvp experiences right now are limited to either dueling, world pvp, and/or bgs. the majority of the opinions about their own experiences in pvp is usually coming from a bg PoV. you've brought up arena. we can't arena right now. you've posted your point of view, let others post theirs w/o being flamed for not agreeing w/ your point of view.

i mean, we get it. you think ret fails in pvp. you also hate ret in pve from what i've garnered from other threads. we get that. why argue with others if they disagree with those statements of yours? (why bother continue to play a spec you apparently can't stand is beyond me, but that's your choice).
    No I didn't, I said Ret is terrible in the Arena this is an issue of you need to learn to read. There are a lot of people on these forums that are in beta and are actually smart enough to understand how strong a spec is or isn't without stepping into an Arena.

Just because I stated that HoL is an awful stat doesn't mean I've said Ret is bad at PvE back on the issue of you need to learn to read. You simply skim the post find some words and then start insulting people.

I could careless who agrees or disagrees with me it's their opinion and they are entitled I never told anyone they couldn't give their opinion. Difference is they aren't just giving their opinion they are insulting people why they are doing it they insulted me and Simplistic. If you think I insulted you because I feel Arena Ret is in bad shape sorry. I think Ret is perfectly fine in PvE and BG's but I think it's very lacking in competitive PvP and it doesn't perform very well.
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-10-21 at 07:49 AM.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    im enjoying ret and if you play smart, you win. simple.
    Does that mean sticking to the group in bgs ? Cause I can "play smart and win" with my shitty gear elem shaman if I do that, while dieing in 2 hits from any decent geared enemy. Doesn't mean my character is fine.

Ret is nerfed to shit atm if we're looking at solo pvp. Reduced to 2 min ownage. Feels like a fucking enhancement shaman: terrible without wolves.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Does that mean sticking to the group in bgs ? Cause I can "play smart and win" with my shitty gear elem shaman if I do that, while dieing in 2 hits from any decent geared enemy. Doesn't mean my character is fine.

Ret is nerfed to shit atm if we're looking at solo pvp. Reduced to 2 min ownage. Feels like a fucking enhancement shaman: terrible without wolves.
    We are far from shit atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post

I hate to say this because it really sounds slightly retarded but it's still applies nicely for you:

- Learn to play -

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    No I didn't, I said Ret is terrible in the Arena this is an issue of you need to learn to read. There are a lot of people on these forums that are in beta and are actually smart enough to understand how strong a spec is or isn't without stepping into an Arena.

Just because I stated that HoL is an awful stat doesn't mean I've said Ret is bad at PvE back on the issue of you need to learn to read. You simply skim the post find some words and then start insulting people.

I could careless who agrees or disagrees with me it's their opinion and they are entitled I never told anyone they couldn't give their opinion. Difference is they aren't just giving their opinion they are insulting people why they are doing it they insulted me and Simplistic. If you think I insulted you because I feel Arena Ret is in bad shape sorry. I think Ret is perfectly fine in PvE and BG's but I think it's very lacking in competitive PvP and it doesn't perform very well.
    wait wait wait. you're saying ret is terrible at arena. based on what? your opinion? have you actually arena'd in 4.01, or in the beta? have you?
    same ol' song. "ret sucks. whaaa".

if anyone posts an opinion, you'll passive aggressively asked "are you in beta?" attempting to troll bait them, just like you did w/ ghostfaced.
    There are a lot of people on these forums that are in beta and are actually smart enough to understand how strong a spec is or isn't without stepping into an Arena.
    more passive aggressiveness. you're implying myself and others are not smart enough, nice troll attempt tho.
    more trolling. assuming i'm not reading these posts. you've stated time and time again how much you hate this spec and its mechanics. rerolll then. get out of the pally forums, leave CONSTRUCTIVE conversation to the rest of us, take your DESTRUCTIVE, negative, passive aggressive attitude elsewhere. stop trolling.

any of us that have had positive, subjective experiences in pvp and have posted about it here have been jumped on and argued with by you. you're arguing about our own SUBJECTIVE experiences, and then turning it around, passive aggressively, into being the victim. STOP TROLLING.

edit: spelling

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we keep the posts constructive and less personal assaults please?

We need Judgement not to be on the global cd cause if you wanna "snare" someone you have to change seal and then cast judgement which is too much time wasted.

Judgement must return as it used to be in vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowShammy View Post
    wait wait wait. you're saying ret is terrible at arena. based on what? your opinion? have you actually arena'd in 4.01, or in the beta? have you?
    same ol' song. "ret sucks. whaaa".

if anyone posts an opinion, you'll passive aggressively asked "are you in beta?" attempting to troll bait them, just like you did w/ ghostfaced.
    more passive aggressiveness. you're implying myself and others are not smart enough, nice troll attempt tho.
    more trolling. assuming i'm not reading these posts. you've stated time and time again how much you hate this spec and its mechanics. rerolll then. get out of the pally forums, leave CONSTRUCTIVE conversation to the rest of us, take your DESTRUCTIVE, negative, passive aggressive attitude elsewhere. stop trolling.

any of us that have had positive, subjective experiences in pvp and have posted about it here have been jumped on and argued with by you. you're arguing about our own SUBJECTIVE experiences, and then turning it around, passive aggressively, into being the victim. STOP TROLLING.

edit: spelling
    The only one being aggressive in here is you, With that said I have nothing left to say to you it's your lie tell it how you want.

Quick question, how many of you have an 85 on beta and play that? Also with rated bg's you're not going to play a bunch of random scrubs anymore. Requital has an 85 on beta, so as far as I can tell he's really the only one that can give realistic feedback.

Mechanically speaking, we're a less effective holy paladin with mediocre damage when not viewed through the gear inflated scope of 4.0. Shame that those openly calling others 'fail' and the like weren't banned too.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Shame that those openly calling others 'fail' and the like weren't banned too.
    Are you really surprised anymore?

Nah b. I understand why requital was banned, but bans should cleave in most situations like this.

Quick question, how many of you have an 85 on beta and play that? Also with rated bg's you're not going to play a bunch of random scrubs anymore. Requital has an 85 on beta, so as far as I can tell he's really the only one that can give realistic feedback.

Mechanically speaking, we're a less effective holy paladin with mediocre damage when not viewed through the gear inflated scope of 4.0. Shame that those openly calling others 'fail' and the like weren't banned too.
    I'm sure Requital just had too many people report him in a short period of time. He seems very bitter about most Ret changes. But he can be very informative, I'll agree with you there. A Mod said in another post before this where he was involved in a similar incident that those who bait people to do troll-like things are just just as bad as trolls themselves.

I just avoided him altogether after our 'encounter'. I didn't want to get banned, and we both went way too far. However, he continued to do the same thing in threads after that. I figured i was close to getting banned myself if i didn't stop, so i did. I think cooling off a bit will do him some good though honestly. Just a couple days though, hopefully it's not weeks.

That's my 2 cents about that.

On topic:
    PvP at 85 will eventually get balanced if it is not right now. That is what beta testing is for, and obvious deficiencies in Ret will shine out, and with any luck they'll get fixed. Right now though, they do seem sub par. It would be nice to have the judgement snare tho! Then we'd be kiting fools! :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah b. I understand why requital was banned, but bans should cleave in most situations like this.
    The last time I said something about a situation like this the other offending parties that somehow went under the radar were punished as well. But enough OT I guess.
    Seeing as this is a PvP thread I'll just mosey on out, not something I've ever put enough effort into to be good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfaced View Post
    I'm sure Requital just had too many people report him in a short period of time. He seems very bitter about most Ret changes. But he can be very informative, I'll agree with you there. A Mod said in another post before this where he was involved in a similar incident that those who bait people to do troll-like things are just just as bad as trolls themselves.

I just avoided him altogether after our 'encounter'. I didn't want to get banned, and we both went way too far. However, he continued to do the same thing in threads after that. I figured i was close to getting banned myself if i didn't stop, so i did. I think cooling off a bit will do him some good though honestly. Just a couple days though, hopefully it's not weeks.

That's my 2 cents about that.

On topic:
    PvP at 85 will eventually get balanced if it is not right now. That is what beta testing is for, and obvious deficiencies in Ret will shine out, and with any luck they'll get fixed. Right now though, they do seem sub par. It would be nice to have the judgement snare tho! Then we'd be kiting fools! :P
    That's a pretty fair assessment. Oh well, it really isn't our place to be discussing moderator actions. Paladin forums got plenty of that when Prentice and myself were banned anyways.

I agree with the beta testing but the problem is that they seem to have forgotten that beta even exists. It recieves changes less frequently than 4.0 and even the ptr when 3.3 was still live.
    I just hope they don't go into beta thinking Pvp will be similar to where it is not for ret, because it most definitely is not.