Deleted

am i just that well geared, or are mangle and ravage OP?

so i'm a level 22 feral druid. i just specced (30% movement speed, furor, 200% melee hit proc) and i started to quest (my first questing in 4.0). so i went to stonetalon, chose a mob, approached it and hit mangle twice. boom, dead. mangle and autoattack killed a mob. so then i checked my spellbook and i found an attack with even the double damage of mangle, ravage. it required stealth. so i used that. first mob i tried it on: oneshot from 100% to dead, just with 1 ravage and 1 autoattack.

is this because i'm using heirlooms? is this because it's not balanced at that level? or are mangle and ravage just so damned OP?

for the record: mangle was hitting for 190-240 non crit, ravage for around 400. i was using heirloom chest, shoulders, weapon and 1 trinket.

Not taking all the nerfs/buffs into account that changed 1-60 leveling, you should consider this:
    1) You always have a blue weapon of your level. This was very rare in classic. FAP is gone, so I guess weapon dps is applied below BC gear now.
    2) You have your class-defining ability, Mangle, long before you hit level 40.
    3) That ability was buffed a day ago to make level 80 raiding bearable. It does 4 times weapon damage now, I think (same for Ravage, only much more).

Add these up and you know why you are so OP.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    so i'm a level 22 feral druid. i just specced (30% movement speed, furor, 200% melee hit proc) and i started to quest (my first questing in 4.0). so i went to stonetalon, chose a mob, approached it and hit mangle twice. boom, dead. mangle and autoattack killed a mob. so then i checked my spellbook and i found an attack with even the double damage of mangle, ravage. it required stealth. so i used that. first mob i tried it on: oneshot from 100% to dead, just with 1 ravage and 1 autoattack.

is this because i'm using heirlooms? is this because it's not balanced at that level? or are mangle and ravage just so damned OP?

for the record: mangle was hitting for 190-240 non crit, ravage for around 400. i was using heirloom chest, shoulders, weapon and 1 trinket.
    IIRC my alt druid around that level was clawing for 40 damage with decent gear. So yeah, that's pretty sexy, for leveling at least.

Deleted

Schhhh or they'll nerf it before you can say one-shot...

I have 46 druid, very good geared doing 4k ferocious bite crits WITHOUT enrage in bg.

Also after rogue used ambush on me i was at 20% hp and went to bear form...
    In 1 sec roue went 100-0% mangle 1.3k crit + 1.2k crit from fury swipes

as a 29 twink feral cat i do around 1300-1600 ravage crits in pvp , and with zerker buff 1800+
    mangel crits for 550-650 ish without zerker buff.

Yes we are OP atm. more Op then subt rogue's .

(btw mangle bear hits even harder, had a 950 crit)

ps while questing try this: use thorns, then pull 8-10 mobs and just heal up. Thorns hits rediculous hard and they will die within 3 seconds.
    Last edited by Lyndrael; 2010-10-17 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndrael View Post
    ps while questing try this: use thorns, then pull 8-10 mobs and just heal up. Thorns hits rediculous hard and they will die within 3 seconds.
    Unless they changed it, I believe you need to hit those mobs first (insect swarm, moonfire, something), cause thorns-only kills won't net you lootable corpses or exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    is this because i'm using heirlooms?
    Yes, pretty much.

My rogue, pre-4.x, would one-shot every mob with Ambush (300% weapon damage or something) up til lv40, sometimes 2shot if the first hit wasnt strong enough.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    My lvl 25 rogue used to hit people with ambush crits for 300-400 (pre 4.0.1) (Chest, Shoulders, 2 PVP daggers, PVP trinket, PvE trinket, Ring, all heirloom, and all gear enchanted.) Now he's level 26 (Post 4.0.1) and ambush crits for over 2.9k. I can seriously 1 shot anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeKitty View Post
    Unless they changed it, I believe you need to hit those mobs first (insect swarm, moonfire, something), cause thorns-only kills won't net you lootable corpses or exp.
    yeah, just gotta swipe before they die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostypwnd View Post
    My lvl 25 rogue used to hit people with ambush crits for 300-400 (pre 4.0.1) (Chest, Shoulders, 2 PVP daggers, PVP trinket, PvE trinket, Ring, all heirloom, and all gear enchanted.) Now he's level 26 (Post 4.0.1) and ambush crits for over 2.9k. I can seriously 1 shot anyone.
    Thats bullshit, no way in hell you can crit 2.9k with ambush at lvl 26. if you can crit 1500 I'd be surprised.

Reasons: Maybe you got yourself 30% buff from bgs and also shadowstep +20% buff aswell.

That alone would get your 400-500 to 800-900. Now calculate your higher ap due to agility change and +25% agi sub spec.

That would, on low-armoed enemy MAYBE make it to 1.5k but definetly not past that.

UNLESS: You ambushed efc with +100% dmg taken AND with extremely low armor WHILE you had all buffs possible.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Thats bullshit, no way in hell you can crit 2.9k with ambush at lvl 26. if you can crit 1500 I'd be surprised.

Reasons: Maybe you got yourself 30% buff from bgs and also shadowstep +20% buff aswell.

That alone would get your 400-500 to 800-900. Now calculate your higher ap due to agility change and +25% agi sub spec.

That would, on low-armoed enemy MAYBE make it to 1.5k but definetly not past that.

UNLESS: You ambushed efc with +100% dmg taken AND with extremely low armor WHILE you had all buffs possible.
    Or he's just OP and you should try it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Or he's just OP and you should try it yourself.
    I have tried it myself, I have 24 rogue with 19 twink gear and I'm not getting near that crits...
    So nothing to say but use common sense...

15+ Year Old Account
    so i'm a level 22 feral druid
    Sorry but I stopped reading there. Blizzard is and has always been trying to balance around the highest available level. Who cares about what class levels fastest or that you can 1 shot stuff on level 22..?