AoE spell choice

anyone tested out how our AoEs has been doing in the new patch?

My SoC are doing pretty bad as destro, and RoF feel pretty on par with SoC now. Can anyone confirm this?

It works like this

You RoF as destro
    SoC as afflicton
    And Hellfire as Demo.
    "¿ʞɐǝɹɟ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ uǝɥʍ 'ʇı ʇ,usı 'ʎlǝuol s,ʇı"

the AOE of choice is AFK till boss

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggy1111 View Post
    It works like this

You RoF as destro
    SoC as afflicton
    And Hellfire as Demo.
    That i guess, eventhough last time i played as demo (on PTR unfortunatly) hellfire was still hitting like a wet fart. Can anyone confirm it actually hits harder than SoC for demo.

offtopic: Do you still have to make a cancelaura macro to stop channeling hellfire (seeing how jumping doesnt cancel it)

I do more dps in destro with seeds than hellfires

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kase View Post
    I don't think anyone mentioned hellfire for destro. Did you mean Rain of fire or did you test the wrong thing?

sorry i wanna said Rain of Fire

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowflame > Shadowfury > Rain of Fire as destro. Especially Shadowflame dots do insane AoE damage.
    I didn't do any maths, it's just what I saw in recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kase View Post
    This^ or reign of fire for that matter seed seems to be superior aoe no matter the spec.

RoF seems pretty weak now for destro but I've yet to try SoC.
    I was single targeting on pulls with 4 adds because of how disappointing RoF numbers where.

Ahh dammit I keep forgetting about Shadowflame as Destro, even after I keybound it.

But my aoe took a big hit, whether I do SoC or RoF. After getting a bit of mastery in, RoF seems to slightly edge out SoC for me. Although, on aoe pulls I've actually just been single targeting as I was getting higher numbers that way. Gotta try to remember shadowflame ...

aoe was gutted unless your a dk. numbers are not even close to pre-patch. Hell i was regularly hitting 30k plus before. having trouble doing 11k now
    Last edited by Tritone496; 2010-10-19 at 12:18 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My demo lock would like to speak with you, easily hitting 30-35k on normal groups or trash and have topped out at 90k on a massive pack w/ meta, immo, hellfire, and brostorm
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

Looks like some aoe got buffed and some got nerfed in this new beta build (pumpkin). Also at the above poster I was talking from a destro PoV but yes our demo lock pulls retarded aoe #'s.

Unless there are 5+ mobs I just shadowflame then single target. Our single target is pretty good, but RoF is just weak. I suppose this is blizzard sayin there will be no more lawnmowing aoes like WotLK.

A good warlock will always use Seed of Corruption over hellfire/rain of fire. Hellfire does damage to you and rain of fire doesn't hit all mobs. The nerf to SoC is useless and lame! It was a nerf to all warlock specs!! Its a slap in the face to the pure warlock dps class!! I thought they didn't want AoE in Cata, but they sure are giving warlocks some stupid AoE talent points we will never use in Pve/pvp!

No. Hellfire as Demo does very, very little damage to you while doing much more than Seed pre-nerf. RoF just got it's damaged roughly doubled, while Seed's was roughly halved. Destro does about what it did with Seed with RoF now. Afflic's AOE was the only one hurt since you can't fit Soulburn: SoC into a raiding build. If you could they'd be fine as well.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    one thing to note guys...if you continue to use maintain your higher haste, you'll be able to pop off SOC as fast as before the patch, and dps damage is still high and top of the charts...when in a run like ICC, use Bane of Havoc on any large add (forget the name atm of the one triggered by traps in the front)...my aoe dps on trash has always been insane as a destro lock, and even with the patch it hasn't changed

Quote Originally Posted by Overwelm View Post
    My demo lock would like to speak with you, easily hitting 30-35k on normal groups or trash and have topped out at 90k on a massive pack w/ meta, immo, hellfire, and brostorm
    Well i havent tried demo aoe yet i was speaking from destro standpoint. during the 1st wing clearing trash 11k was about it with boh on. Ive gone to destro from demo so i guess my perception might be a little off as demo was always much higher than destro but seriuosly destro aoe is well off what it was pre-patch from my experience. However its single target dps is way up so i guess you have to take the good with the bad.