Professions for Cata priest.

At the moment, I'm rocking out blacksmithing for the sockets and jewelcrafting for the JC-only gems. Before blacksmithing, I had mining... I used my gathering to collect all the necessary mats to make the switch over to BS for the sockets. I had used my mining for gathering to level my jewelcrafting initially, so it seemed like less of a painful transition to do blacksmithing as opposed to enchanting, as between enchanting and blacksmithing the benefits were about the same.

With cataclysm though, I'm wondering if blacksmithing for my priest would really be worthwhile. Should I drop blacksmithing and work a different tradeskill, or does blacksmithing still bring something to the table that my priest would benefit from? I saw in the crafting list that blacksmiths will be able to make another belt buckle, but I was unable to find the difference between it and eternal belt buckle, or any additional blacksmithing-only perks.

Any input is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest taking Engineering over Blacksmithing. Much more benefit to a caster in cata

Quote Originally Posted by Verrayne View Post
    I'd suggest taking Engineering over Blacksmithing. Much more benefit to a caster in cata
    But why. You might want to elaborate for the original poster why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a well informed individual. Didn't seem necessary to spoon feed info.

blacksmithing... o.O i was tailoring/enchanting, now im enchanting/mining to make some $$$ then after a few months in cata im dropping mining for alch