Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Now thats what I like, actual PVP not mindless objective farming with 5 minute games.
    I didn't know capturing a flag/base/whatever was mindless.

Yes loads of times, I enjoy ressing behind their healing and screwing up their entire team once their healer is dead.
    You don't seem to have been farmed properly...

The rest of the team wants to farm kills for a while too so there is actually PLAYER vs PLAYER in a battleground.
    right, player vs PLAYER. you are saying that people following the target of the bg ruins it, while you don't ruin it doing something that goes out of the target of the bg and farming meatbags that can't defend themselves because you are farming them.
    if you like "player vs meatbag" games WoW is the wrong game.
    if you want to play BGs in a way different than they are supposed to, random battleground is the wrong play (enjoy rated BGs).
    if you want to QQ because someone wanted to enjoy a bg before to go to sleep any mmorpg is wrong for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxz View Post
    You sir, are not a pvper. Instead of pvping or answering shit on the forum that you don't have a clue about, go PvE. PvP is Player versus Player, like duels, u know? Its.. like a war. not PvF, "Hurry, get that flag, dont fight omg QQ u dont join a bg to fight, u join to capture a flag etc.." People like that has misunterstood the aspects of a BG. Gief vanilla AV, thats what PvP is all about.

OT: The above probably answered the post, if u didn't get it, I "hate" the one person who got to go, ends up deliverying the flag all alone while the other on the team are actually PvPing.
    same answer here. he's not talking about PvP, he's talking about camp the opposite team in their gy to get honor and hk. there's no pvp involved, just aoe where they spawn before they can buff.
    if you call this PvP, ask yourself who doesn't have a clue about it
    Last edited by Shuyin; 2010-10-16 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three words...

Cap the flag!

If only there was a PvP event centered not on objectives or goals but on killing the opposing team... As in small teams of gladiator-like warriors fighting each other to the death... Like an Arena...

Get the hint yet?

To anyone thats claiming that the objective isn't pvp, your idiots.

Whens the last time you seen someone cap a flag and never get attacked. Whens the last time you see people fighting on the flags (instead of the road) in ab and you know...not fighting.

PVP comes with the objective. If you just want deathmatching, go do world pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    If only there was a PvP event centered not on objectives or goals but on killing the opposing team... As in small teams of gladiator-like warriors fighting each other to the death... Like an Arena...

Get the hint yet?
    It seems that OP doesn't like Arenas. Might be too hard for him/her (I honestly can't tell, sorry).

edit: fixed a spelling error.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2010-10-16 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentBuckwald View Post
    It seems that OP doesn't like Arenas. Might be to hard for him/her (I honestly can't tell, sorry).
    Or the part where they can't spam AoEs to farm the other faction from their GY for LOL Honor.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

You want to just kill people with no regard for the actual purpose of the battlground?

Didn't blizzard spend a ridiculous amount of time creating arenas for people like you?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxz View Post
    You sir, are not a pvper. Instead of pvping or answering shit on the forum that you don't have a clue about, go PvE. PvP is Player versus Player, like duels, u know? Its.. like a war. not PvF, "Hurry, get that flag, dont fight omg QQ u dont join a bg to fight, u join to capture a flag etc.." People like that has misunterstood the aspects of a BG. Gief vanilla AV, thats what PvP is all about.

OT: The above probably answered the post, if u didn't get it, I "hate" the one person who got to go, ends up deliverying the flag all alone while the other on the team are actually PvPing.
    Yes because farming people (which is what the op was talking about) is 'real' pvp...do arenas...that is where the real pvp is...not a gankfest.

And to the OP. Your idea of real pvp is why they put time limits on wsg in the first place. If you don't like your que times then transfer to a differant battlegroup. If you wont do that then you have no room to complain

So you have won, so you start middle farming the other team for a bit more honour and actually have pvp and fun in a battleground before you win.

Why is there always a butthurt person on your team that QQ's "OMG SCORE FFS I WANNA GO"

You tell them to type /afk if they dont like it and threaten to report you to a GM.

The rest of the team wants to farm kills for a while too so there is actually PLAYER vs PLAYER in a battleground.

Whats your opinion of the butthurt people that ruin it by capping the last flag because they like ruining it.
    My opinion is that you go do arena if you want to do pvp without objectives.

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 11:17 PM ----------

That's what I like too, usually I'm on my holy paladin and I love them sort of battlegrounds.

This was a few days ago

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...510_220527.jpg

Now thats what I like, actual PVP not mindless objective farming with 5 minute games.
    I like actual objectives other then mindless honorkill farming with no point in it.

edit: you sir are a arena player, simple enough, go play arena. if you cant, go gank people.
    Last edited by allrightythen; 2010-10-16 at 11:18 PM.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

10+ Year Old Account
    why doesnt blizz just make a bg for killing people I.E you have 600 or 300 reinforments and a 25 minute list a rather small bg and who ever loses their reinforments first loses. Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    No you don't understand the concept of a BG, it's to do the OBJECTIVE and win nothing more - if you wanna gank random people do world PvP.
    Ask yourself what BG means, then answer on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    Yes because farming people (which is what the op was talking about) is 'real' pvp...do arenas...that is where the real pvp is...not a gankfest.
    I didn't meantion a word about "farming people", read my post again, then you will eventually figure out that I was talking about the imbaness in AV at vanilla, and actually having a fight in WSG.

(Same answer goes to the first person who quoted me)

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW PvP in battlegrounds is purely objective oriented. If you want to play a game where the only goal is to kill the enemy, go play a FPS Team Deathmatch.

You guys have it all wrong. Nothing makes my EPEEN grow longer than having my FULLY DECKED OUT MAIN fighting some FRESH SCRUB LEVEL 80'S until they all afk out because, you know, capping the flag is hard to do.

I had a hard time telling if the supporters of farming Honor Kills in an "Objective-based PvP battleground" were trolls or not. If the game was "Who can get 500 honor kills" first, then sure. Stay in the middle, farm all you want. If the objective of the battleground is to "Cap the flag 3 times" then cap the flag 3 times first. Stop them from doing it before your team can do it.

The people like you who would rather chase after a disc priest healing themselves to death instead of keeping people off the person carrying your flag are whats wrong with the battlegrounds these days. You're the kind of people who ruined the fun for the rest of us. Winning a battleground with 4 killing blows is a lot better than losing one with 50.

I love killing Horde, and world pvp is mostly dead, so if it's possible to have a good fight in a BG, I'll go for it, objectives can wait. Lavabursts make big numbers flying over my screen!
    Also, I need kills for my "Bloodthirty" title.
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2010-10-16 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just cap the fucking flag.
    You want real PvP? Make a For The Horde/Alliance raid, then after the leaders are dead, go wild in Stormwind/Orgrimmar. I've seen a group of 20 Horde survive outside the Stormwind AH for 30 mins until the Alliance finally made a defensive raid group instead of 40 people trying to solo the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, what? Capping the last flag to win the game is ruining it?

Like Cerus said, playing a BG the way it was intended to be played isn't ruining it, and it's actually getting you more honor than just aimlessly killing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say start getting premades going so you won't have any of those people you don't seem to like in your battleground (on your side)

I guess its true, I heard people join BGs for different reasons... this confirms it! :P

the majority of the people play BGs for objectives/winning, not "farming honor" because its true, you get so much more honor by running multiple BGs instead of hero kills. Majority of the players I've met don't want to spend hours "fighting" players in a BG they're clearly winning...though I notice 2 things:

1) if you're winning by objectives, your team is probably concerned with getting the win and not just killing players,

2) if you're still playing for a while though you're winning, someone on the team is probably not helping his team since they haven't won yet

I'd say more than half the people who join BGs aren't looking for just a hero kill or two, they joined for the daily and would like to complete it rather than be stuck in the BG for an hour and possibly lose. there's nothing worse in a BG than trying to win for an hour, possibly winning, then after all that you end up losing and have to join another BG to finish your daily...uggh

there are other ways to farm honor, such as wintergrasp (when it was popular) maybe aoe a choke point in alterac valley, you can even get a lot of honor by raiding or attacking an outpost and starting a little war. usually the players who show up to defend aren't the best geared, it takes a while for communications to reach the geared players and for enough of them to show up and kill you, until then, if you're decently geared yourself, you can farm quite a bit of honor from people not in pvp gear who belong in that area, for example a level 78 quest hub and you're 80 in pvp.

long story short, dont ruin other people's fun for your own selfish reasons. IMO support the majority aka your team.

edit: something else I've noticed, people turn around a BG and beat the winning team because the battle goes on too long, people quit, usually the losing team, the players you were beating (probably because they werent as strong as your team, maybe not geared) leave and are now replaced by veteran PVPers, geared with pvp gear, they start farming you instead, your win quickly becomes a loss, because in a balanced system, there's a 50/50 chance one side winning, if you have the impetus/momentum, you're only tempting fate to lose it and odds usually turn on you, giving the advantage to the other side... its not like you were winning because your team was the best, only better against the other team, when they quit and a better team replaces them, you lose and your team hates you
    Last edited by ungar; 2010-10-16 at 11:37 PM.