Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heavy geared rets (read)

How are you guys managing your aggro, Ive tried it all.. even the glyph....

If your in close to BiS gear and found a way around this major problem let me know, I know several geared pallys that are scratching there heads...

Let me know..

zlutzor

Um? Get better tanks.

I'll let the tanks take care of it.

Yes seriously...i've got no aggro problem at all (well...exclusive deathwhisper -.-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlutzor View Post
    How are you guys managing your aggro, Ive tried it all.. even the glyph....

If your in close to BiS gear and found a way around this major problem let me know, I know several geared pallys that are scratching there heads...

Let me know..

zlutzor
    If you are currently out threating casters I dunno what to say, Check recount and the actions and see where your tank is compared to everyone else if he isn't very close to the top he is being pretty lazy threat wise. Use tricks or MD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

MAYBE its my start up rotation, how are you guys starting on each fight? how soon do you pop ur cds

Deleted
    i start with getting my HPs to 3 and then Zealotry and AV and spam spam spam. and after like 5 36k crits i use a HoS and keep nuking and then i ask some holytard or something to cast a HoS on me and then i just pray that the boss will be down soon as im prolly soon going to over aggro if idont lower my dps

10+ Year Old Account
    There really should not be a problem unless you vastly out gear & out skill the tank. It should be even less so in a patch or 2 if the current beta changes make it through since righteous fury, bear form, defensive stance & blood spec will generate +200% threat instead of just +100%
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just die and get battle res'd

I died on heroic LDW this week cuz of aggro, was so sad

We raid with 3 rogues and 2 hunters, and I salv'd myself and Bubbled, not much I could do....qqq.

This was like the 2nd fight our tank had done it, and barely researched Prot, so I don't know, he's been alot better off the rest of the night, LDW is just a poopy fight for threat with the debuff.

But like someone said, getting better tanks that research their class for this patch, you'll be alot better off.

we loses all of his buffs then! =[

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willferel View Post
    Just die and get battle res'd
    Like DPS Warriors in Vanilla. Except ours got soulstoned, sometimes twice a fight

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    There really should not be a problem unless you vastly out gear & out skill the tank. It should be even less so in a patch or 2 if the current beta changes make it through since righteous fury, bear form, defensive stance & blood spec will generate +200% threat instead of just +100%
    Yea thats what I do, you using the glyph? or just reg salv.

I havn't tried it with guild tanks.. but with friend tank alts in like toc.

Guild tanks are op/geared in biS. So I shouldn't have a problem come raid.

all pallys have a macro to spam salv on me, im high on threat and do lots of damage

Deleted
    Alrite, if you are having threat problems, your tanks need to read up on how to play in the new patch. Their damage and threat generation is completely obscene now, not only because they actually do very high DPS themselves, but also because Vengeance gives them crazy amounts of attack power.

On my blood deathknight alt (mostly 264, some 277 pieces), I did 25-35k TPS in my first 10man after the patch. I had read up nothing about the changes for DKS, so i had to relearn the class while pulling the bosses (alt tabbing to EJ to read while doing gunship rofl).
    Regardless, my threat was insane by simply just spamming runestrike, and I can only imagine what kinda of threat you can do in a 25man with BiS geared tanks that actually did their homework on the 4.0.1 changes to their spec.

Short answer: misdirects in the start, vengeance and L2P will take care of the rest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vengeance says hi. i got like 10k extra AP. i was a bit too late with screening it, else you couldve seen about 17k AP.

i forgot. This was on my DK tank alt, but this should be WAY enough to never lose threat
    Last edited by iktankniet; 2010-10-17 at 06:42 AM.

Try turning off Righteous Fury
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Spooky Action at a Distance~

The glyph is pretty shit, for the duration it's active you generate no threat, but as soon as it wears off, all the threat you generated while under the glyph becomes active
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

is there any evidence to promote this yet? i think it works different in that you generate 0 aggro over its duration and there is nothing coming back afterwards. our feral tank does mad tps so it isnt an issue in both cases. but if the glyph works as i think it does, just use it when you activate zealotry and you get an easy ride without threat worries. :P

i just tank the bosses usually....

i pulled off both tanks in a 25m toc yesterday at least 3 times, despite others threat being way higher than mine. casting salv didnt seem to help much, the weird part is, that when i was #2 on dps, i didnt get killed the whole time, but when i was like #6, the boss would just turn and hit me a few times, da hell!?