4.0.1 Fire Mage DPS (After Nerf)

Title says it all, feel free to comment on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev--b0e6k3U

This is my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pwnz0rProductions
    Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus View Post
    TL;DR: This is a fantasy game, anything can happen but I went ahead and fucked your troll post up with real world physics.

Very nice , you make me want to play my mage lol ,also how do you cast living bomb on 3 target without untargeting your main target is it a focus macro or something ?
    Last edited by Darthvador; 2010-10-17 at 04:07 AM. Reason: typo

It's what Impact does now. It spreads your LB to several targets, just like a warriors T-clap and rend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus View Post
    TL;DR: This is a fantasy game, anything can happen but I went ahead and fucked your troll post up with real world physics.

remember, only 3 bombs can ever be up at once now. but yeah like he said...

pulling in 3 2 pyroblast 1 pyroblast go.

living bomb, fireball fireball fireball (hot streak), mirror images, impact proc, pyroblast, renew the bomb(it explodeds), combustion, fireblast

25k dps, enjoy =D

That's great but the bigger problem is after the Nerf single target DPS has gone down by quite a bit, it is now lower than WOTLK levels. Most raid encounters will be on a single target.

Also take note of the glyphs you have equipped right now:

- Pyroblast (Prime)
    - Living Bomb (Prime)
    - Mage Armor (Prime)
    - Fireball (Major)
    - Molten Armor (Major)
    - Evocate Major (Major)

This is currently a bug, after the next patch Pyroblast, Fireball, Living Bomb, Molten Armor/Mage Armor, (Frostfire Bolt as well) are all Prime. Meaning you'll have to drop something from what you have equipped there.

You'll probably roll with Molten Armor, Fireball (or FFB), and will have to pick between Pyroblast/Living Bomb. It may not seem substantial but DPS will take a hit even further in single target situations.

My DPS has gone down below WOTLK levels- where equiv geared locks that I used to be on par with in DPS in WOTLK are now pulling 15k dps (I pulled 12k at 4.0.1 debut) and now 9-10k after the nerf.
    Last edited by FutureX; 2010-10-18 at 12:15 AM.

got CoE on there. I do hope you arent trying to show what a mage can do solo.