Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    I don't like the new PvP Frost. I do understand where Blizzard is going, and what are these changes for, but game experience is kinda ruined. As always, changes give an impression that they are made by the guy who never played arena, or mages in pvp at all. (I have same issues with rogues)

Frost spec issues:

- Why no rank 1 frostbolt? I used it and I loved it. Early frost is never available when you need it. On-demand quick frostbolt helps you to slow the enemy you are chasing, or to put two additional debuffs on a target before polymorphing, or just to keep melee away. Ok, you do not want fresh players to be lost in the countless rows of buttons, but why not to allow using this for people who care?

- Frost bolt and Ice Lance damage are almost equal. For sure, casting is dull, running around spamming Ice Lance on gcd is what makes us happy. Also, people can easily counter our instant casts.

- Fingers of Frost only for Deep Freeze and Ice Lance. Again, uncounterable instant spells FTW. Good thing it still affects Deep Freeze.

- Eternal water elemental. This may be a personal matter, but I just don't like that bubbling blue thing always hanging around. It just feels like leveling. And again, more pets in PvP! They make it more interesting! And messy as hell, but who cares.

Non-frost issues:

- Long Polymorph cast. Yes, I know that it's going to be buffed, to 1.7 seconds, but still. Now, with haste, I have 1.7 polymorphs. I used to have 1.1 sec polymorphs before. Have you ever tried to hand a polymorph to a shaman dropping totems and kicking the cast, when his melee (or hunter) partner is beating on you? By the way, there ARE players, who can interrupt 1.1 sec poly. They are not among game developers, though.

- Mage ward. It felt so good, when you saw giant fire(frost) bolt, slowly flying at you, and used and appropriate ability, and it was fully absorbed! Or even reflected if spec is Fire. Oh noes, too many buttons. Now it feels just like another shield, dull as hell.

Also, non-mage isssues:

- Vanish immunity. I'm rather a rogue, than a mage, and I hate new vanish from my rogueish point of view. New vanish is stupid, and once again designed by PvE designer, who never seen a single PvP movie. But from mage's point of view, 3 second immunity is stupid as well. Remember the times when you see rogue vanishing over there, and you quickly place a blizzard on top of him, and he arrives, cold and confused. No place for reaction in PvP, it seems.

The sad thing is, that is never going to be changed. Well, this game was nice once, and it was fun while it lasted
    Tell me what you think about it

COMPLETELY agree with everything you juust listed. just to echo my thoughts:

i really will miss r1 FB. loved multi snaring people with quick tab r1 FB's too. now the lack of a fast snare other than melee range coc sux.

not sure if i understood your icelance vs frostbolt complaint but i HATE how icelance spam is the new way to do major damage for Deep Freeze, much less every freeze effect. Frostbolt SHOULD be high risk vs reward meaning it should crit the hardest, WAY harder than Icelance, but they're encouraging us to just spam instants for shatter and its lame imo. i just felt Frost playstyle should be based on maneuvering and trying to get off a frostbolt when the opportunity arises, than run spam Icelances and worse, on every DF/freeze.

COMPLETELY agree on WE always being out. hate runnning around with that big blue noob following me. i feel like a damn Warlock w/ voidwalker chasing him everywhere. stupid.

REALLY noticed the poly cast time. i can still get off poly's but its just so easy to interrupt me vs anyone who is focusing my casts. luckily in BG's most people aren't. still tho the cast time of poly, and the damage classes are doing right now including all of tghe AE procs(fire mage), almost makes CC a joke to use.

if they change anything i HOPE they at least make frostbolt high risk high reward for shatter. just dumb we're encouraged to just spam icelance in every shatter situation. i guess i'll have to live with no r1 frostbolt since i doubt they'll ever bring it back, but damn shame since its almost like they took out a primary frost ability(for me at least)

oh and the glyph situation is silly. when you can't even fill out the new glyphs because the rest of whats available don't do anything for your spec is stupid. glyph choices are horrible across the board. its like they want us to all have very similar glyphs when there could very easily be a lot more variation. i don't know if they're lazy or stupid thinking its good we have a very limited number of glyphs to choose from per spec.

i won't even get into the new trees and having to go to the bottom since i already QQ'd about that.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 09:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tenderoni View Post
    I don't really get whether you think we should be nerfed or buffed. If you want separate wards, cooldown on ele and Ice Lance nerfed then why are you whining about buffing FoF and easier CC.
    Mage Ward is a lot easier to use. If you don't like it being easy, I don't really get why you play Frost PvP instead of Fire or Arcane.
    Early Frost is fine to use as an opener against melee. Rank manipulation sucked and now it's gone.
    Eternal elemental is so good, I don't think you quite understand. Freeze is a fantastic ability to have constantly available.

Basically, if you want to live on the edge then go Fire and take Cauterize.
    If you don't, stay Frost and learn to love it.
    or just quit if the game has become that intolerable.

speaking for myself everything became more dumbed down imo. perma elemental, all in one ward, icelance spam is brainless, and really they've taken out some of the complexity there USED to be playing a Frost Mage.

i could care less if we're op'd or powerful, more than the playstyle being fun, take skillz, and make sense under risk vs reward.
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2010-10-18 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    not sure if i understood your icelance vs frostbolt complaint but i HATE how icelance spam is the new way to do major damage for Deep Freeze, much less every freeze effect. Frostbolt SHOULD be high risk vs reward meaning it should crit the hardest, WAY harder than Icelance, but they're encouraging us to just spam instants for shatter and its lame imo. i just felt Frost playstyle should be based on maneuvering and trying to get off a frostbolt when the opportunity arises, than run spam Icelances and worse, on every DF/freeze.
    Glyph of Deep Freeze would like a word with you.

Look... The beta isn't finished yet, so the 4.0.1 patch means nothing. It was released unfinished with a lot of bugs and with completely ruined class balance. All of this because the players were impatient and wanted an early pre-Cataclysm patch.
    Look at this:
    http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=12982
    and this
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=12982
    Do you notice the difference ?
    Now, stop complaining, QQing or whatever you do and just play the game.
    We got a huge nerf both in Live and Beta because of people like you. And most of you have absolutely no idea how the PvP on lvl 85 is going.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-10-19 at 02:27 AM.

I'm not liking the new PvP Frost either. Not enough damage output as the other classes. I was fighting a prot warrior and I was only critting for 5k tops and I have 3.2k Spellpower and full spell pen. When he reflected one of my frostbolts it critted me for 8k... wtf is up with that?? No healing at all... even rogues have healing now for gods sake.. Give us mages something to work with that isn't channeled.!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a previledge playing vanilla wow mr..
    Atleast we had to use our brains, hours and skills to gear and show off in shatrath of orgrimmar. Now u get to have 32114124 epics in 1 day. Not that i am complaining.
    I still pwn the casuals and the noobs the way i did 4.5 years ago.
    Cause either u like it or not.. Vanilla Elitist Played a Game u will never ever play!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyyzen11 View Post
    I'm not liking the new PvP Frost either. Not enough damage output as the other classes. I was fighting a prot warrior and I was only critting for 5k tops and I have 3.2k Spellpower and full spell pen. When he reflected one of my frostbolts it critted me for 8k... wtf is up with that?? No healing at all... even rogues have healing now for gods sake.. Give us mages something to work with that isn't channeled.!
    Resilience is rather broken atm, which is why you're seeing those baby crits. They kind of overdid the nerfs imo. Should've left damage high OR buffed resil. At least they shouldn't have taken it to the level of 2k resilience mitigating ridiculous amounts of damage.

Anyway, I have plenty of fun as both frost and fire in pvp so I don't know what all the complaints are about.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtognomes View Post
    Atleast we had to use our brains, hours and skills to gear and show off in shatrath of orgrimmar. Now u get to have 32114124 epics in 1 day. Not that i am complaining.
    Cause either u like it or not.. Vanilla Elitist Played a Game u will never ever play!
    Wait, skill in vanilla? You mean hitting your one-shot AP POM PYRO macro right?

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Resilience is rather broken atm, which is why you're seeing those baby crits. They kind of overdid the nerfs imo. Should've left damage high OR buffed resil. At least they shouldn't have taken it to the level of 2k resilience mitigating ridiculous amounts of damage.

Anyway, I have plenty of fun as both frost and fire in pvp so I don't know what all the complaints are about.
    They're lowering the resi change because Blizzard realised that they overshot the buff.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post

how are people hitting 2k resilience? wtf? was that a typo? correct me if i'm wrong but no gear upgrades came out did they? lol 2k resilience jeez...if i tried to get there i'd have 0 spell damage, 0 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtognomes View Post
    Yeah, it took massive massive amounts of skill and brains to reach Grand Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    Generally, feeling clever because you do something clever, is a good feeling
    Yeah, I can agree with this point, not much else though. With the caveat that being clever in a video game is pretty limited. I prefer to be clever in an activity that can provide more tangible rewards, like a fat bonus, or even a hottie going down on me ;P

You want to impress with your cleverness? Go invent the next killer app, or cure cancer. Ya know, something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    Yeah, it took massive massive amounts of skill and brains to reach Grand Marshall.
    Translation: "It took massive massive amounts of energy drinks, sleepless nights, skipping school and diapers to reach Grand Marshall"

Also you went from "it took hours and hours to get 1 epics to show off in SHATTRATH, me think you didnt play Vanilla. Or you have a very bad case of nostalgia. AP POM PYRO has never been skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost Mage is SO FUCKING AWESOME
    Honestly, I just logged on my lvl72 mage and hit a lvl74 blood deathknight RIGHT. IN. THE. FACE.
    I was just jumping around, instant castz EVRYWHER! <3