Any disc using renew more?

Has anyone started using renew more since it procs DA? My loggerhead was buggy tues so I only got one boss. I know it wont replace PW:S but i would be a nice downtime spell with everyone having weakened soul debuff assuming other spells like Poh/Penance aren't needed.

Is it worth it to use? Or not? Since druid and shammy would snipe our heals. I can see it being used more on aura fights since DA is number 1 spell on wols on those fights.

Anyone have an option on this?

I have but I would like to test it with numbers and see how much DA we get from each tick and each cast before taking assumptions. It felt like the right thing to do though, to cast renew, to blanket some of the incomming raid damage. Don't rule out PW:S all out just yet though.

I was getting roughly 1k+ DA's from Renew proc. I was using Renew Prime Glyph and had 2 points in Improved Renew.

I for one will be using Renew much more as a Disc. It benefits from Haste, and has a chance to crit.

BTW - If you would like to see how much your PW:S or DA is absorbing, target someone and mouseover the PW:S or DA buff on their unit frame. It was showing me what each DA and what each PW:S was absorbing.

I have always been a disc priest that kept renews on the tanks, and with recent changes to both the renew spell and the glyph it is even more powerful. Surea if you want to see what it does toss several renews around your raid while you are waiting to pull and you will see a lot of DA bubbles pop up. i use Grid and a plugin that shows me the amount of the shields (PWS and DA) so it is very easy for me to see how effective Renew ticks are.

Has anyone stacked more haste then the haste cap? With my 25% haste, popping BT and haste gloves. I got 6 renew ticks. Someone suggested switching my gems to the int and haste but im not entirely sure about doing that yet lol.

I'm not sure of the exact haste %, but I too noticed that with BT and 25% haste you get a 6th tick out of renew.

Just remember guys, that this won't last long. Most of the level 85 priests have less than 10% haste...so don't get used to this, and definitely don't sacrifice too many of your others stats just to get another tick from Renew.

I'm at 25% haste right now as well, but the primary reason is for H-LK and being able to get my shields up quickly. These other side benefits like an extra Penance tick or Renew tick, or more hits from Divine Hymn are not something we should get used to seeing unfortunately.

Deleted
    I only ever use renew if its on the tank on LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliahna View Post
    Just remember guys, that this won't last long. Most of the level 85 priests have less than 10% haste...so don't get used to this, and definitely don't sacrifice too many of your others stats just to get another tick from Renew.
    Keep in mind that T11 quality gear will give much more than that 10% very easily. For instance the T11 shoulders have 4.5% haste on them for a single slot. There are rep rewards in the 3-4% range as well. While players on Beta currently have <10% normally, that won't be the norm for very long unless Blizzard nerfs the haste on all current 85 gear. Just a quick glance and you'll find that 20%+ haste is obtainable in crafted/rep/T11 gear.

Oh I know we will eventually get there again but for most it will take a while. It will get much worse before it gets better though, and the only point I was trying to make is that things look good now for haste and Renew but it won't stay like that for long.

From EJ:

Mastery
    Mastery rating conversions.
    Level Rating/Mastery
    80 45.9059
    81 60.2784
    82 79.1556
    83 103.9860
    84 136.5379
    85 179.2799

Critical
    Critical rating conversions
    Level Rating/Critical %
    80 45.9059
    81 60.2784
    82 79.1556
    83 103.9860
    84 136.5379
    85 179.2799

Haste
    Haste Rating Conversions
    Level Rating/Haste %
    80 32.79
    81 43.0559
    82 56.5397
    83 74.2755
    84 97.527
    85 128.057

so basically you need around 3 times more of everything to get to the same level of these stats that we have now. I like simplefying things

Well it's closer to four times actually, and 3.9 to be exact. LOL

Quite depressing isn't it.

It would not surprise me if they bump all three conversions a little higher than they are, already.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

anyone mind linking there meters with renew in there rotation?

Especially for you guys I decided to go a bit crazy with the renew yesterday on Rotface heroic.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...333#healingout

As you can see 76% of it ws overhealing, so I'm not very sure it was all that viable. I believe shield spam is still a whole lot better then this, even though I'd rather not be the spamgirl. Of course I had a lot of DA proc from these renew spams but I don't think an average of a 1500 DA shield is all that worthed.

EDIT: the log is bugged though, it tracks the glyph of PW:S but not the shield itself. I should be higher on healing.
    Last edited by Surea; 2010-10-20 at 08:12 AM.

Word on the street is that... renew is no longer proc'ing DA on the beta. Not seen this myself, just been told.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesx View Post
    Word on the street is that... renew is no longer proc'ing DA on the beta. Not seen this myself, just been told.
    Could be a bug though? If renew crits it should proc DA. Otherwise DA is not 'working as intended'...no?